Trouble?

• Woodrow said:

@FarmerJayhawk is that due to this or something totally unrelated???

Harris is better. Now we have an open scholarship. Sup Kyree

• McBride is leaving KU

• This generation of kids just makes you laugh

• BeddieKU23 said:

This generation of kids just makes you laugh

Sounds mutual. Also the decision was made Tuesday apparently. Really sounds like he was the 13th guy on the roster.

• There’s always barber college for guys like McBride.

• Woodrow said:

@jayballer73 I think that is someone being a troll. Self has said numerous times he plans to stick it out , but maybe he thought they were in the clear. Who the hell knows at this point.

Shitty thing is they are going to be good this year, but know they will have this hanging them all year.

enjoy this year - -things could be really messy for a few after

• FarmerJayhawk said:

I think worst case scenario is vacating games Silvio played in and some recruiting restrictions. If the NCAA goes much more than that they’ll have to give Zona and NC St. the death penalty

You really think those that you mentioned are that serious? - - the way they talking MULTIPLE SERIOUS Allegations

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Woodrow said:

@FarmerJayhawk is that due to this or something totally unrelated???

Harris is better. Now we have an open scholarship. Sup Kyree

I would Love Kyree – -BUT no way now - - I think the staff backed off Kyree , because they heard about his so called over sea’s thing - - Now in his 247 CB - -he doesn’t even list KU as one of his top five schools - -I think we totally if that turns out MAJOR recruiting screw up - -that fish was as good as in our pan

• And here we go people starting to take shots at McBride - -I’ll NEVER understand - -kids decides to leave - - - -he leaves - so be itv- -there is no reason just because the kid leaves that people should start taking crack as remarks about him. – We was fine before he got here - - we will be fine after he isn’t here - - one way or another it will work out…

What does people gain by acting like that? - -not the 1st kid to leave - - not the only school that a kid has left - -as Aaron - -says R - - -E - - - L - - - A - - -X - -Sun STILL gonna come up tomorrow - -come up in the East - -and set in the West - -just breathe. - - umm , umm , umm - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Rough day.

• jayballer73 said:

And here we go people starting to take shots at McBride - -I’ll NEVER understand - -kids decides to leave - - - -he leaves - so be itv- -there is no reason just because the kid leaves that people should start taking crack as remarks about him. – We was fine before he got here - - we will be fine after he isn’t here - - one way or another it will work out…

What does people gain by acting like that? - -not the 1st kid to leave - - not the only school that a kid has left - -as Aaron - -says R - - -E - - - L - - - A - - -X - -Sun STILL gonna come up tomorrow - -come up in the East - -and set in the West - -just breathe. - - umm , umm , umm - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

And Plus the kid has the right to think if the program is not a fit for them

• I think we’re all missing the larger positive here. The moral fiber of today’s high level D-1 basketball player has never been higher. Here we have Kansas offering them bags of cash as well as homes/jobs for their parents and yet instead they’re taking the high ground and choosing to go to Duke/Kentucky/Memphis for free. The future is truly bright.

• JAYHAWKFAN214 said:

jayballer73 said:

And here we go people starting to take shots at McBride - -I’ll NEVER understand - -kids decides to leave - - - -he leaves - so be itv- -there is no reason just because the kid leaves that people should start taking crack as remarks about him. – We was fine before he got here - - we will be fine after he isn’t here - - one way or another it will work out…

And Plus the kid has the right to think if the program is not a fit for them

Exactly - - kids makes mistakes - -so be it - - ya true I hate he is leaving but what ya gonna do?

• @jayballer73 so… how does this work? We gave him a scholarship, school started, so… does he pay us back or does he get a semester for free?

• Maybe we could agree to vacate that final four beatdown by Villanova in which Silvio played and we can call it even.

• rockchalkwyo said:

@jayballer73 so… how does this work? We gave him a scholarship, school started, so… does he pay us back or does he get a semester for free?

I’m not sure about that - -one of the guys will be able to fill us in on that I’m syre. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• They can’t make us take down the final four banner. (Can they?)

• @chriz Yes, they can. See Memphis ‘08, Louisville ‘13.

• chriz said:

They can’t make us take down the final four banner. (Can they?)

Not only take down the banner, but they basically wipe it from history. Can’t promote it, use it in highlights, or anything. It’s like we never beat dook (other than everyone remembers the ghost of James Naismith intervening at the end of regulation)

• @chriz In the eyes of the NCAA, Michigan’s Fab Five years don’t exist.

• focojayhawk said:

I think we’re all missing the larger positive here. The moral fiber of today’s high level D-1 basketball player has never been higher. Here we have Kansas offering them bags of cash as well as homes/jobs for their parents and yet instead they’re taking the high ground and choosing to go to Duke/Kentucky/Memphis for free. The future is truly bright.

PHOF? This has my vote.

• Gassnola is from Springfield Mass. The good Dr. must be rolling in his grave.

• So same thing, nothing new, except fb. Hmmm we can fight this.

• The only way LOIC can stick is with the football violations. I think it gets dropped on appeal. Long is assembling a UNC type group to fight this thing, and will to the bitter end.

I do think we should self-impose penalties: vacate all wins Billy played in and a postseason ban in football this year.

• @FarmerJayhawk Now that’s good stuff. Haha

• focojayhawk said:

I think we’re all missing the larger positive here. The moral fiber of today’s high level D-1 basketball player has never been higher. Here we have Kansas offering them bags of cash as well as homes/jobs for their parents and yet instead they’re taking the high ground and choosing to go to Duke/Kentucky/Memphis for free. The future is truly bright.

You forgot to mention that Duke’s in-house investigation backs up your optimistic opinion!

I wonder what the penalty would be if this Duke dream was proven wrong and they clearly conspired to cover it up?

• FarmerJayhawk said:

The only way LOIC can stick is with the football violations. I think it gets dropped on appeal. Long is assembling a UNC type group to fight this thing, and will to the bitter end.

The best thing to do is fight it. Give in and you end up like Missouri.

• Mike Vernon posted this screencap of a post from Friday I think off the Slant

alt text

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

The only way LOIC can stick is with the football violations. I think it gets dropped on appeal. Long is assembling a UNC type group to fight this thing, and will to the bitter end.

The AD is loaded for bear. This won’t be quick or painless for the jagoffs in Indy.

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

So same thing, nothing new, except fb. Hmmm we can fight this.

Well, I think there is. Lack of institutional control. Lack of coach control.

A lack of institutional control is found when the Committee on Infractions determines that major violations occurred and the institution failed to display:

– Adequate compliance measures.

– Appropriate education on those compliance measures.

– Sufficient monitoring to ensure the compliance measures are followed.

– Swift action upon learning of a violation.

Here is the full article -

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kansas-basketball-charged-with-multiple-level-1-violations-including-lack-of-institutional-control-210015300.html

• FarmerJayhawk said:

BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

The AD is loaded for bear. This won’t be quick or painless for the jagoffs in Indy.

Full scale war if needed I say.

Now we all know why recruiting has been shit though. Oddly enough I’m kind of intrigued to see Bill with a ragtag squad.

• I would sue the NCAA, Dook and UK continue to not be investigated while pulling consistently better classes. 🤔 KU is paying guys in the 40s while the guys in the top 10 are playing for free lol. The NCAA is Nike’s pawn, switch back to nike, it all goes away.

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Full scale war if needed I say.

Now we all know why recruiting has been shit though. Oddly enough I’m kind of intrigued to see Bill with a ragtag squad.

It certainly will be.

• kjayhawks said:

I’ll say this much, I’ll be done with college athletics if the NCAA comes down hard on us and some the other Adidas schools while not batting an eye at the Nike schools. We all know Zion got paid and most of UKs recruits aswell.

I have connected with several ex-players and they all say the same thing… supporting part of my disdain for Nike. Let’s see what happens. Give the world time to build the case against Nike. I feel certain it will come and when it does it will make the Adidas situation look like the reality it is… small potatoes!

• Yikes - “The committee on infractions has shown in the past that it’s very reticent to punish some schools. We’ll have to wait and see. If they’re doing their job, Kansas should be absolutely eviscerated.” -David Ridpath, president of the Drake Group, a think tank dedicated to protecting academic integrity in college sports, and an associate professor of sports business at Ohio University

• Integrity…LOL

• @dylans

Unless the NCAA knows something the DOJ and FBI couldn’t discover, I’m not holding my breath on any of these threats.

We are not living in the “good ol’ days.” The NCAA would love to just smash schools and prove they are in control. Realistically, that isn’t as possible today because schools are realizing they can fight back and use the justice system outside of the NCAA world.

• @drgnslayr The actual threat is f’d up recruiting for years to come with not outcome in sight.

• Enter the inner stupidMichael in all of us.

• @dylans

I don’t know… schools like Arizona do fine with the mess they are in. And I’m feeling fine if we stop going after these pipe dream players that rarely produce anything for us except build our egos that we can win top notch talent. Look at teams like Nova. Don’t you think we can even do a better job at winning over Nova? We live in the Midwest… where life moves a bit slower and people are used to the idea that hard work pays off.

• Oddly enough I’m kind of intrigued to see Bill with a ragtag squad.

I agree. I’ve never been that interested in recruiting drama. I get that talent is important, but without time to develop, expectations are rarely met. That’s just disappointment. Let’s see how Bill can do with a bunch of 4-year players without the NBA distractions. I like the silver lining.

• Kansas has put out a statement to what the NCAA has said

• BShark said:

Took Tusla to the Elite 8 with basically that.

• Self isn’t messing around. Same firm that represented Silvio. https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/1176292114528985088?s=21

• @FarmerJayhawk The comments on here are not promising. With that said I’m sure most of them just hate KU for being KU.

• Also I’ve been going over what I can find of the NOA…

This shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone but it did confirm Larry Brown basically gift wrapped Silvio to KU (doesn’t take a big leap to guess he gift wrapped Bruno to Maryland).