2022 Recruiting Thread

• @Marco said in 2022 Recruiting Thread:

We have already got Dick, Rice and Zuby all of whom will sign early, I imagine. So who else, realistically, do we have a good chance of getting perhaps early, but maybe late, given Bill’s record of nabbing players every year during the late signing period?

I can’t swear to anything but have heard lately /read that we are in thick with Ernest Udeh Jr - they visited him yesterday. - - I kind of wonder if we might have more of a chance then we think wit Nick Smith. - ONE he cancelled his official trip to Kentucky and will not be rescheduled they said - - just a thought cause I thought he was a UK lock

• Nick Smith is not leaving the south. If Kentucky has moved on like some think it will be Bama or Auburn.

KU does have a shot with Ernest Udeh JR. Will be a bag war.

• @BShark said in 2022 Recruiting Thread:

Nick Smith is not leaving the south. If Kentucky has moved on like some think it will be Bama or Auburn.

KU does have a shot with Ernest Udeh JR. Will be a bag war.

well if we could manage Udeh I’d be happy

• @BShark

Really like Bona.

• @BeddieKU23 said in 2022 Recruiting Thread:

@BShark

Really like Bona.

ya just think we might have a better chance with Udeh

@BShark

Really like Bona.

Same. As long as Self lands one of them, all is well.

• This post is deleted!

• Landing one of those guys is a must. We’d be without a true big, otherwise. I know that Dave could potentially come back for another year, but does anyone expect him to?

• @Marco said in 2022 Recruiting Thread:

Landing one of those guys is a must. We’d be without a true big, otherwise. I know that Dave could potentially come back for another year, but does anyone expect him to?

You never know - - - he might I unlike probably most actually thinks there is A CHANCE he does come back, pretty small but still a chance. I wouldn’t be mad at him if he did. He carried in for long periods of times in quite a few games - -as to where if wouldn’t of haad his input during those times we would of really been screwed

• Zuby is generally expected to play the 5, fwiw.

• Bona visits this weekend I believe. Let’s see how that one goes

• Looks like Iwuchukwu could end up at USC after an official there. At least it wouldn’t be Baylor

• Seems like Alabama is the leader for Rylan Griffen

Seems like Alabama is the leader for Rylan Griffen

🤑

Looks like Iwuchukwu could end up at USC after an official there. At least it wouldn’t be Baylor

They seem to be the favorite now. KU staff has been recruiting him pretty hard fwiw.

Bona visits this weekend I believe. Let’s see how that one goes

Keep our fingers crossed , HEY I mean we made his final TEN lol - - sorry I just can’t help but laugh when I see these kids cut their list to 10 - - 8 or what ever holy crap but anyways back to the topic. I hope we can land him OR Udeh one of the two.

• The main concern with Walsh is he’s not a reliable jump shooter. If he was he would be a 5 star. Perfect Self recruit

• @BeddieKU23 Sounds like a perfect 4 man.

• Lol , had to share the from TOS , made me laugh. Best phrase I’ve heard in some time.

Posters were talking about Cal & Kentucky claiming their 3rd 5 * recruit commitment for the class of 2022 with Livingston committing a poster said :

" Cal Consistently always has a garage full of Ferraris BUT only seems to only have ONE can of Gas " - -gotta love it , made me laugh very true lmao. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• updated 247 rankings.

Rice #22 Comp (still 5 star) (25 on 247, 4 star)

Gradey #32 Comp, 35 on 247

Zuby #50 comp, 41 on 247.

Targets

Bona#10, Udeh #27, Walsh #38, Jackson #56, Griffen #71, Klintman #111.

Targets but pretty much impossible Smith #8, Traore #9, Mitchell #11, Miller #18, Phillips #20

• Well Bona is on Campus this weekend. - - Baylor ( 24th-26th ) - -Kentucky ( 01-03 ) – & UCLA ( 22nd - 24th ) - - Would love to have him or Udeh - -but Bona like so many others probably gonna land at UK - - surprise.

Anthony Black still planning on coming for visit. In Arkansas this weekend - -Already visited Oklahoma St , & Georgia. - -others included Gonzaga , Baylor , Duke. - -Big time hitters here.

Then we have Walsh. He is in Texas this weekend. Already visited TCU , Oklahoma & Arizona State. - Why do I feel pretty good about this guy ? - -Might be way off base maybe no chance at all just a feeling. - -Suppose to be at KU on Sept 24th

• Boils down to if Kentucky needs to take Bona. They might not in which case KU would have a shot…

Boils down to if Kentucky needs to take Bona. They might not in which case KU would have a shot…

Well we could always hope bud

Boils down to if Kentucky needs to take Bona. They might not in which case KU would have a shot…

Kentucky fans have a feeling that Lively going to pick Duke tomorrow so goin all in on Bona. – They said Cal was going to visit Bona again TODAY. - -that seems kind of hard to do isn’t it when he is on his visit to KU this weekend. - - Some think they get Lively & Bona both -some think with Cal visiting Bona today means Cal already knows Lively is committing to Duke. - still hope , if not then let’s get Udeh

• welp

welp

Welp what ?

• If Kentucky wants Adem Bona it’s over. Was hoping they would get Lively.

• Thinking portal for a big

• @BShark

Think we are just going to have to live with Zuby. Hit the portal unless someone becomes available in the spring. With the opportunity waiting after this year in the post its shocking to see no top bigs coming here. But with the NIL etc the have’s are feasting and KU is just not one of them right now

• Have always found it kind of interesting when I hear people talk about Bill not being able to recruit top ranked players , talking about why can’t he be more like Calipari. Calipari always getting loaded classes.

That’s very true , he does BUT Calipari doesn’t do really anymore then Self in the same length of time with those top notch players. stats pretty much sum that up. Since the year of 2000 Kentucky has been to two NCAA title games. One in 2012 ( this being the year he beat Bill ) and then in 2014 when he lost. - - So since 2000 the Great Cal has been to TWO title games and since 2000 Calipari & Kentucky has won ONE NCAA title.

Since 2000, KU has been to THREE NCAA Title games , yes true Bill only accounts for TWO ( same as Cal ) & yes Bill also has a 1-1 record in those Championship games , Beating Cal in 2008 when he was at Memphis & losing to Cal in 2012 while at Kentucky. So in reality Cal has don actually ZERO better then Bill and that is with all that superior talent that Bill can’t recruit. Cal constantly landing top ranked or Top 2-3-4-5 ranked classes .So what does that say ? - Cal does less with more talent ?- Could Bill have won more Championships with that talent ? - -Who knows ? - Thing is Calipari has done exactly nothing more then Bill during his time at Kentucky then Bill has i his time at KU

Plus PLEASE don’t try and throw out feeble reasoning saying WELL CALIPARI has been to the final four more then Bill. AND ? tell me is that the goal ? - is to reach the final four ? - -is that a teams goal at the beginning of the year ? – ummmm NO. - - it’s to win the NCAA title. , not make the final four - - Calipari has ONE and Coach has ONE - -yet Calipari consistently lands the top tier better talent. So you tell me Calipari really a better Coach ? - -Nope not at all , could mean actually Bill does a better job with the kids he gets then Calipari does with the talent he gets. -Just kind of amusing to me to hear people bitch about Bill

• https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/status/1440150066933551107

Zuby seems capable of playing interior defense.

• In case anyone cares Duke got #2 Derrick Lively.

In case anyone cares Duke got #2 Derrick Lively.

Nike is going to make sure Scheyer gets what he needs… Need to make sure that the transition goes as well as possible

• @Kcmatt7 said in 2022 Recruiting Thread:

@BeddieKU23 said in 2022 Recruiting Thread:

Nike is going to make sure Scheyer gets what he needs… Need to make sure that the transition goes as well as possible

It is really crazy just how much control the apparel companies have. Once you see the wizard behind the curtain for the first time, there is no denying it.

• @Kcmatt7 said in 2022 Recruiting Thread:

@BeddieKU23 said in 2022 Recruiting Thread:

Yep 3 5 stars in 22 & 1 in 23 already without coaching a game. Too funny

• Just the same song and dance just another year. - Kentucky & Duke just yanking all the top tier athletes. For 2022 recruits :

Kentucky with the # 1 - - # 6 - - # 7 ( he is a lock ) - - & 17. - - - - -Duke with the # 2 - - - # 5 - - -# 8 - -& # 16. - Yet Cal continues to wet himself with the talent he gets. - does less with more. Think the UK fans getting pretty fed up with the conversation I’m reading

• For those wondering Adem Bona did visit last weekend. Said he “had a great visit”, “it was my first ever visit to a college and it was awesome”.

Met the coaching staff, said the culture is like one-of-a-kind. In general he had a great visit.

At least they got him on campus. Where his recruitment goes from here, who knows

Has scheduled trips to Baylor this weekend, Kentucky Oct 15th & UCLA Oct 22nd.

For those wondering Adem Bona did visit last weekend. Said he “had a great visit”, “it was my first ever visit to a college and it was awesome”.

Met the coaching staff, said the culture is like one-of-a-kind. In general he had a great visit.

At least they got him on campus. Where his recruitment goes from here, who knows

Has scheduled trips to Baylor this weekend, Kentucky Oct 15th & UCLA Oct 22nd.

Kentucky UCLA battle.

• @BShark

Oh for sure I put the odds of him coming here 0% before the visit and 0% leaving. Would love to be wrong

• Ok, looking for info. Three guys - need to find out if my buds -how they feel , what they have heard , if w have any reason to be getting excited or hopeful about possible holler and let me know.

Jordan McBride ? - -Jordan Walsh - -& finally Omaha Billiew9 no that last name isn’t spelled right but you guys know who I’m talking about. - So tell me how serious are we with these guys ?- are we in serious contention for any of them ? -Any Chance on any of these ? -Thanks guys. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer67 said in 2022 Recruiting Thread:

Ok, looking for info. Three guys - need to find out if my buds -how they feel , what they have heard , if w have any reason to be getting excited or hopeful about possible holler and let me know.

Jordan McBride ? - -Jordan Walsh - -& finally Omaha Billiew9 no that last name isn’t spelled right but you guys know who I’m talking about. - So tell me how serious are we with these guys ?- are we in serious contention for any of them ? -Any Chance on any of these ? -Thanks guys. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

The 1st name is Justin Mcbride his 247 page has Kansas warm and his river page has Missouri at 83% With Jordan Walsh His 247 page looks like it’s down to Texas and Arkansas and his river page Arkansas And with Omaha Billiew on his 247 page it is warm with Nebraska Iowa State Kansas UK and Oklahoma State with river page lowa is at41%

• I am starting to agree with some posters, that we’re going to have to wait and snag us a big from the transfer portal. With the players that we will have coming back and those coming in, it will already be a pretty deep frontcourt.

• @Marco

Losing Lightfoot & Martin for sure. Dave will have the option to come back but I wouldn’t call it likely if he has a big season. Wilson is a 50/50 call at this time too.

Clemence & Adams are left. Zuby is committed.

3 definitely, 4 or 5 possibly if things “worked out”. Could be crowded or attractive for a high level transfer/available HS big. Have to think experienced Vet given how young the 3 will still be.

• Would be a massive shock if Jalen returned after this year. I’d put him at 99.9% gone.

• @BShark

Yeah I agree but we’ve seen crazier happen after a season.

• Traore taking an official to KU this weekend. Courtesy visit for being the first offer? prolly

• Shoot, smart kid for taking an all expenses paid trip to Late Night.

• So has anyone heard who all is coming in for late night ? - -I know we go Chandler Jackson coming in also got the big guy coming. Other then those two , do we know of who els might be in ?

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2022 Recruiting Thread:

Shoot, smart kid for taking an all expenses paid trip to Late Night.

Lol! Indeed.