Tristan Enaruna is a Jayhawk

• I’ll take either one. I’m not picky.

• KUSTEVE said:

Well…he’s saying the right things…

http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/smithology/2019/may/9/valuing-defense-toughness-should-ensure-/

I think he’s a good fit for Self. McBride is as well. Braun I could see transferring out but I hope he sticks around.

• @justanotherfan

People forget how strong Silvio is. I remember when he easily pushed some big trees out of the post to clear space. And with his strength, he was able to do it without getting a foul call.

• Wasatch Academy taking it to Sunrise Christian…

• drgnslayr said:

@justanotherfan

People forget how strong Silvio is. I remember when he easily pushed some big trees out of the post to clear space. And with his strength, he was able to do it without getting a foul call.

Oh believe me , I’m NOT one of those - -Silvio very strong - chiseled. ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @drgnslayr Wasatch was STACKED. Man, Dante looks good as well though.

• @jayballer73 Belatedly, yes. Saw it after seeing the Precious/Hampton updates that keep rolling in and who are more looking like a KU package deal - my Holyfield prediction, Lol!, might need an adjustment.

• BShark said:

@drgnslayr Wasatch was STACKED. Man, Dante looks good as well though.

Seems like very agile for his height

• Marco said:

@jayballer73 Belatedly, yes. Saw it after seeing the Precious/Hampton updates that keep rolling in and who are more looking like a KU package deal - my Holyfield prediction, Lol!, might need an adjustment.

na I think your good - -fully believe Holyfield all Illinois. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @drgnslayr That’s not even HS basketball. Until a team has earned the right to play in a big gym in the state tournament using kids from their town it’s not real. I don’t know if they let those kids compete for state in the state their bball factory is in, but they shouldn’t. If a kid is good enough to play college ball while remaining at his local school they’ll get the same opportunity to play college as the kids getting shipped off to Brewster and Sunrise and IMG and Findlay and so many others. What a shame a kid has to give up what is a lot of times the best year of ones life, senior year in HS by going away to being pimped/poked/prodded by 100’s of college coaches.

• @wissox Pretty sure Sunrise doesn’t get to play in the state tournament.

• @BShark Thanks, often wondered. I feel sorry for those kids.

• wissox said:

@BShark Thanks, often wondered. I feel sorry for those kids.

I mean the prep schools serve an important purpose. A lot of the players are 5th year guys (DG and Frank). Or guys with grade issues that would never make it through your typical High School. Or like Doke and De Sousa who need more practice and a curriculum designed to help them adjust and learn English and what not.

Other times, this is the ultimate goal for some of these guys. Sure, they may end up giving up a couple of really fun years of their life, but that’s the sacrifice you make if you want to make millions… And I can only imagine what fun I’d be able to have with that kind cash in my 20s.

• @Kcmatt7

Good post… and most of these top shelf players have already sacrificed their entire childhood, chasing their dreams (or their parents’ dreams).

Perry Ellis is a perfect example. That guy worked his tail off his entire childhood. He wasn’t blessed with freakish athleticism. Every inch of his game he made himself… through focus, hard work and discipline.

Never really thought of this before… but I think I would put Perry Ellis on my list of possible future assistant coaches on my development “dream team!”

• That’s easy for you to say…

• @KUSTEVE

Potverdriedubbeltjes!

• Hard to believe this kid was ranked behind Jalen after watching them play.

• Guys like this benefit a TON from a summer of d1 weight lifting programs. Not with visible size but strength and speed.

• BShark said:

Hard to believe this kid was ranked behind Jalen after watching them play.

A case of Jalen being a national recruit for longer. You know the politics. However I’d like to point out Tristan didn’t even start on his HS team and wasn’t thought of as this top recruit until very late in the process. The fact he was Top 60ish by the end speaks to his rise and the fact he ended up a big time program. His potential did appear to be off the charts which was something the scouts may have underselled.

If Wilson is at Michigan in Beilen’s system would he look different? I think its going to take longer for Jalen to fit his skills at KU under Self. He only played 1 game as well but definitely appeared to be someone who was going to need time to develop. I’d be surprised if by Soph/Jr year he isn’t one of our most important players though. He’ll figure it out

• @BeddieKU23 Fair point, that Wasatch team was stacked.

As far as Jalen the injury was bad and you never want to see it but it might actually work out better for all involved. I am not saying he was a transfer risk but when kids aren’t getting many minutes you never know. Things could have changed but I do think he’s gonna need some time before becoming an effective 4 for KU.

• @BShark

I agree that it may work out in the end with Wilson. Now that he has the injury to rehab the expectation of playing minutes is out the door. The injury doesn’t help his immediate development but probably helps deter outside ears getting to him

• @BShark

Also want to add the early returns on Tristan are nice. If he continues to have this role and produce he may not be here next season. I think its too early to predict anything but he was already on the radar for next season. He may be exceeding the timeline but we’ll see what happens when we get closer to Conference play

• BeddieKU23 said:

@BShark

Also want to add the early returns on Tristan are nice. If he continues to have this role and produce he may not be here next season. I think its too early to predict anything but he was already on the radar for next season. He may be exceeding the timeline but we’ll see what happens when we get closer to Conference play

Not worried about this but I don’t think he is a 4 year player anymore.