VICK GONE for Good this time???



  • Self announces Vick will take a leave of absence from the team. No timetable on his return. Looks like he finally cooked his own goose

    What a circus this year has been



  • @approxinfinity

    You hypothetically mentioned it my friend…



  • Well then.



  • @BShark

    Never a dull moment. Waiting for la la’s hot take, I’m sure its juicy



  • Vick was far and away the worst player in the KSU game. I didn’t think this would happen but I think it’s a good move.

    IT’S CHUCK TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME.



  • Any other info?? Can’t seem to find any news - (I’m not a facebooker)



  • My guess is Vick is done at KU.



  • @Bosthawk

    Officially saying he has some personal matters that require his immediate attention.

    I wish I believed that were the case after Tuesday but this seems like the polite way of ya know



  • @BShark

    No Vick to get more Charlie. Not sure we won on that



  • We’re the laughingstock of the Big 12. It’s going to be so funny when we win number 15 in a few weeks.



  • BeddieKU23 said:

    @BShark

    No Vick to get more Charlie. Not sure we won on that

    So, the healthy and eligible roster right now

    Dotson, Grimes, Agbaji, Moore, Lawson, Lawson, Mitch, McCormack

    We are foul trouble away from TEAHAN TIME.



  • Ugh. This sucks.



  • BShark said:

    BeddieKU23 said:

    @BShark

    No Vick to get more Charlie. Not sure we won on that

    So, the healthy and eligible roster right now

    Dotson, Grimes, Agbaji, Moore, Lawson, Lawson, Mitch, McCormack

    We are foul trouble away from TEAHAN TIME.

    I wish I was surprised but the last few years have numbed away being pissed off about not having enough players or depth. It’s a circus



  • Hawk8086 said:

    Ugh. This sucks.

    Does it though?



  • @BShark

    Garrett practiced today, would bet he plays some Saturday



  • BeddieKU23 said:

    BShark said:

    BeddieKU23 said:

    @BShark

    No Vick to get more Charlie. Not sure we won on that

    So, the healthy and eligible roster right now

    Dotson, Grimes, Agbaji, Moore, Lawson, Lawson, Mitch, McCormack

    We are foul trouble away from TEAHAN TIME.

    I wish I was surprised but the last few years have numbed away being pissed off about not having enough players or depth. It’s a circus

    Well to be fair it’s hard to account for two injuries. Even in this crap scenario if Garrett and Doke were just healthy there would be more than enough depth.

    So for now, Self pretty much has to play all 8 guys. We will get to see if Dave and KJ can adapt.

    In the mean time…I heard KU is recruiting this player…

    alt text



  • BeddieKU23 said:

    @BShark

    Garrett practiced today, would bet he plays some Saturday

    Oh, good.



  • BShark said:

    BeddieKU23 said:

    BShark said:

    BeddieKU23 said:

    @BShark

    No Vick to get more Charlie. Not sure we won on that

    So, the healthy and eligible roster right now

    Dotson, Grimes, Agbaji, Moore, Lawson, Lawson, Mitch, McCormack

    We are foul trouble away from TEAHAN TIME.

    I wish I was surprised but the last few years have numbed away being pissed off about not having enough players or depth. It’s a circus

    Well to be fair it’s hard to account for two injuries. Even in this crap scenario if Garrett and Doke were just healthy there would be more than enough depth.

    So for now, Self pretty much has to play all 8 guys. We will get to see if Dave and KJ can adapt.

    In the mean time…I heard KU is recruiting this player…

    alt text

    Can he shoot?



  • It’s a family issue



  • I didn’t call it. I wouldn’t call it, because I didn’t think Bill was stonecold enough to kick his to the curb. I definitely believed it was the best thing for the team’s success. Someone else did call it though. @kjayhawks ?

    I don’t know if he’s gone gone. But I’m guessing Bill told him where he might expect to be in the rotation after that loss, and Vick didn’t want pollen allergies enflamed by an overdose of pine. Maybe a leave does him some good. I might hold onto a small hope that he can find balance again after a leave, as opposed to trying to play through being a knucklehead.

    If it is truly a family issue, I A. feel bad for being so mad at a 20-something kid who is dealing with crap and B. have maybe even more than a small hope that he can come back focused.



  • @approxinfinity

    Edited my post to reflect yours





  • BShark said:

    https://twitter.com/GaryBedore/status/1093683178227859457

    Comment from LALA @BeddieKU23

    Yeah that does sound like LaLa laying some smoke down to protect Lagerald. In this case, it seems like a wise move.



  • I thought self said it doesn’t look like Marcus could play sat



  • What a dumpster fire



  • A couple of weeks? 😫



  • This season is just a nightmare you can’t wake up from.



  • @BShark If Vick is going to continue the “bad” ways…no. But the whole scenario of his actions and now suspension…yes I does. Should have responded to your comment about replacing Vick with Chuck. Although…maybe if Charlie gets a shot to play more off the ball he can show that shooting prowess that we’ve only seen brief glimpses of.



  • Crimsonorblue22 said:

    I thought self said it doesn’t look like Marcus could play sat

    It is likely he will be out for Saturday game



  • @JAYHAWKFAN214 If it truly is a family issue…I feel bad for the kid.



  • Well, I called this unfortunately. I think that may have diminished any hope of a B12 title or run in March. The distractions for this team seem to grow almost daily. Lets not harp on Vick until we know more. He could’ve had a death in the family or something along those lines.



  • Hawk8086 said:

    @BShark If Vick is going to continue the “bad” ways…no. But the whole scenario of his actions and now suspension…yes I does. Should have responded to your comment about replacing Vick with Chuck. Although…maybe if Charlie gets a shot to play more off the ball he can show that shooting prowess that we’ve only seen brief glimpses of.

    In their current states, Moore is a better basketball player than Charlie right now. The KSU loss was about 70% on Vick 30% on Grimes in my book. Tempted to go higher on Vick too, he missed simple defensive assignments and his head just wasn’t in the game at all. He is simply not a good player when his head isn’t right.

    Charlie Moore made more of an effort defensively and was more effective than Vick against KSU. That says it all.



  • Self needs to do some serious reflection after this season. It all finally caught up to him in one giant shit storm. You just can’t take risky kids with character issues. And those that have them when they get here need to get gone immediately.

    Time to start a new recruiting approach and at least give the program a facelift. This was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I always thought he basically had everything under control. This season is proof that he has just been putting bandaids on the leak. Recruit high character kids, and the results will be the results. I can live with that.



  • If it’s a legit personal issue, then hopefully Vick gets through whatever that issue is.

    If it’s a typical Bill Self kicking a kid off the team without throwing the kid under the bus type deal, then hopefully Vick’s influence on this team will disappear and KU can finish the year strong and make a decent showing in the tournament.

    I hate that KU needs so much help down the stretch, but we definitely need Baylor to win on Saturday along with TCU disrupting Hilton Magic.



  • I just keep laughing at myself for thinking this team would be a legit NC contender at the beginning of the season. Half the team was like “hold my beer” lol.



  • The non-suiting up players squad keeps getting better.



  • So, seriously, time to start thinking about pulling Elliot’s redshirt?



  • So do we have tryouts for football players??



  • Hawk8086 said:

    @BShark If Vick is going to continue the “bad” ways…no. But the whole scenario of his actions and now suspension…yes I does. Should have responded to your comment about replacing Vick with Chuck. Although…maybe if Charlie gets a shot to play more off the ball he can show that shooting prowess that we’ve only seen brief glimpses of.

    good thought!



  • @Kcmatt7

    Why not I’m sure he can average 8 and 7 too



  • approxinfinity said:

    Hawk8086 said:

    @BShark If Vick is going to continue the “bad” ways…no. But the whole scenario of his actions and now suspension…yes I does. Should have responded to your comment about replacing Vick with Chuck. Although…maybe if Charlie gets a shot to play more off the ball he can show that shooting prowess that we’ve only seen brief glimpses of.

    good thought!

    To further this line of thinking, maybe you can pull Dotson off of ball too. Grimes at point, Dotson and Chuck off ball.



  • Kcmatt7 said:

    Self needs to do some serious reflection after this season. It all finally caught up to him in one giant shit storm. You just can’t take risky kids with character issues. And those that have them when they get here need to get gone immediately.

    Time to start a new recruiting approach and at least give the program a facelift. This was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I always thought he basically had everything under control. This season is proof that he has just been putting bandaids on the leak. Recruit high character kids, and the results will be the results. I can live with that.

    I agree with you, but I think last year’s class was a HUGE step in the right direction.

    This is certainly an interesting topic so let’s look at the roster

    Dotson - Zero issues here. Good talent, great character.

    Grimes - Everyone missed here, but I think he can be productive and part of the core of a winning team if he sticks it out. Doesn’t seem like a bad kid just FR struggles.

    McCormack - By all accounts high character. Needs the game to slow down for him, just not ready yet. A typical #75-100 type recruit that got bumped up in a weak class.

    Agbaji - Excellent character, fast learner. Good basketball player all around.

    Garrett - Excellent character with one fatal flaw in his game which tbf is a big one.

    Lightfoot - High character bench player.

    Udoka - Great kid and effective player but injury prone.

    Silvio - Honestly, great kid with a shitty handler. I would say it’s best to avoid “handlers” when possible. Obviously, Self was desperate at the time Silvio was acquired.

    Moore - Forced transfer take after recruiting misses. Too short and just not a good fit for Self.

    Dedric - Talented but definitely questionable character.

    KJ - Had to take him to get Dedric…

    Vick - Late take after recruiting misses. Then Self wanted to boot him but felt he couldn’t. Had he known how good Agbaji would be…

    So, imo 7 great takes, 1otherwise good take with terrible timing and 4 meh takes. Thoughts?



  • Kcmatt7 said:

    So, seriously, time to start thinking about pulling Elliot’s redshirt?

    Pretty sure it’s academic so no.



  • Well it’s over for sure now guys, - -you thought we struggled before - - look the hell out. - -Really our only 3 pt threat - -now don’t come to me talking about an cancer. - - I realize that - -all I’m saying we are SO SCREWED. - -hope we realize we end up being a really low seed realistically were probably looking at a 8-9 seed - -as we are gonna really struggle finishing this season out - we looking at probably 4 more league losses for sure.

    K- State at home - - -Texas Tech at Tech - -Maybe Baylor - - - - -Geez this season has been a diaster. - -We went from a very serious title contender to a very average team - – Doke OUT - - - Desousa - -NOPE – Garrett – OUT - – -now Vick Gone - -we went from a very deep talented team -depth at every position to very shallow NO DEPTH

    We are in serious jeopardy - - of breaking our streak of consecutive weeks in the top 25 which we have the Nation’s longest -SOB what a screwed up season



  • BShark said:

    Vick was far and away the worst player in the KSU game. I didn’t think this would happen but I think it’s a good move.

    IT’S CHUCK TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME.

    Are you FRICKEN NUTS ? – have you just totally lost your mind ?



  • “We need him here for a couple weeks,” La La Vick told The Star. “I need him. There’s a lot going on. It’ll work out.” Only statement from Lala or Vick himself



  • Weird



  • Well this should force the end of the 4 guard lineup experiment.



  • @BeddieKU23 It wasn’t working anyway



  • jayballer73 said:

    BShark said:

    Vick was far and away the worst player in the KSU game. I didn’t think this would happen but I think it’s a good move.

    IT’S CHUCK TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME.

    Are you FRICKEN NUTS ? – have you just totally lost your mind ?

    Are you aware how bad Vick was against KSU? That loss was almost on him exclusively. When Vick was not playing, KU was whipping KSU in those stretches.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.