Game time - ESPN makes a cut-away call! KU-UK

• Bwag said:

Kcmatt7 said:

Don’t shoot the ball well enough to win a game where we are so undersized. Not a good matchup for us.

I don’t think we run enough action on the perimeter…we did late and Vick ended up with 10 but waaayyyy tooooo laaattte.

Get that going earlier in the half and the rest of the game plan opens up.

Is that on Vick or Self? I put it on Self cause he can call the action and the plays!

I agree. At the same time, though, our guards aren’t good passers and and routinely throw each other bad passes. Add in that Vick and Grimes both don’t look to turn the corner on drives and we are just easy to defend.

• @Kcmatt7 True…I don’t want Vick dribbling too much or rely on his passing…

run action for catch and shoot

• @DCHawker they have 8 bigs

• KirkIsMyHinrich said:

About what I expected missing two bigs and playing on the road with youth. It’ll be okay.

SOS PLZ GIVE US SILVIO NCAA

• I said it last game and I’ll say it again. Shooting solves the majority of the issues with this team. This is a horrible shooting team.

• Haase should probably get more credit for Travis than cal

• @Crimsonorblue22 no question he killed us a couple of years ago at Stanford.

• Foul and FT disparity is the game…everything else is window dressing. That’s 9 point differential since both teams shot similar %.

Refereeing matters

• @BigBad Kentucky’s not a great shooting team either

• Well call me crazy guys but on the overall grand scheme of things - - - - I’m not mad - -OR did I think we played that poor really, call me crazy but this game ACTUALY makes me feel A LITTLE BETTER about us with the league. - -Basically this pretty much boiled down to one thing as far as I’m concerned and that’s lack of big men , they just had to many big’s – we had Dedric and he competed hard what was it 19 pts and 14 rebs - -couldn’t really ask for much more from one guy.

Sorry but I just can’t really get that upset about the outcome of this game , we knew it was going to be a really hard game, - - Dotson played pretty well against Haggans - -Hero for sure didn’t hurt us like I was afraid might be the case. - -What did turn out to be true was Travis - -I was afraid he was going to cause us problems – him and Washington was the two really.

In the overall scheme this doesn’t hurt us - I just really wish we could move on from this Silvio thing - -IT IS NOT HAPPENING - the NCAA has their mind set that it will not rule on Silvio till AFTER the year so tiring to listen to announcers talking about what a difference Silvio - -true - -but ain’t happening - -let it go. - this didn’t hurt us in league any - and really if we play like this I truly feel better in our match ups against Texas Tech - -looking more and more like it’s Culver and like announcers have said not much else - -e will see - -ju st can’t really complain that much about this game tonight guys.

Bigger disappointment would be for K-Sucks - -they just flat stunk up the place really bad - - Against a 7-10 Texas A&M - mercy what happened to their defense today? - -

• 22 fouls on ku. 13 on ky. Engineering.

• KU was -13 on the glass. That’s what KU absolutely has to improve to make any kind of run in March.

• BShark said:

KirkIsMyHinrich said:

About what I expected missing two bigs and playing on the road with youth. It’ll be okay.

SOS PLZ GIVE US SILVIO NCAA

need to make your plea a little stronger Bshark - -think these idiots have theIr Bell tones turned down to mute lmao - - ROCK CHALKALL DAY LONG BABY

• BigBad said:

I said it last game and I’ll say it again. Shooting solves the majority of the issues with this team. This is a horrible shooting team.

TRUE STATEMENT - -YET Kentucky wasn’t exactly burning down the house either - -pretty good defense over all. - -OH got to share this

Earlier UK fan said that our Veterans giving their young line up problems - -what the hell is that? - -Our veterans ? - -Grimes - -Freshman - - - -Dotson - - Freshman - - -Grimes Soph - - - Mc Cormack - - Freshman - -we giving their young guys problems – man let me hit that pipe with ya lol

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

@BigBad Kentucky’s not a great shooting team either

exactly what I just said - -their 3pt shooting was not good I think BOTH team shot in the 30’s right?

• KU had 9 assists on 23 made baskets. This backs up the KU isn’t a good passing team concept.

• Another issue I’m seeing with this team is fatigue. Self is essentially at a 6 man rotation at this point. I think this extremely short rotation has contributed to tired legs at the end of games which leads to the inability to stay in front of players on defense and missing shots they were making earlier in the game.

• The fix is revealed

• @Texas-Hawk-10 did u hear Self say we r to light in the butt? Marcus and Vick usually make those lil floaters and layups around the goal. Marcus looked really bad! Grimes shot the 3 better, but 1 board?

• Grimes needs to have more horizontal range on defense. He and Vick need to guard the corner better. Garrett needs to develop a step back floater.

We also tried to outspeed Kentucky. You have to outsmart them with pump fakes and body control. At times they are too quick so it’s impossible to beat them without a little shooting. That said, I think if the whistle was a little more fair, we could have won. There were a lot of non-fouls by us. In addition, a lot of fouling by Kentucky. I did not like that elbow in the face by Kentucky’s player, Ross or Reid or whoever. He looks a lot like Patrick Mahomes, but like a pale, more broseph asshole version. That should have been an ejection. Doesn’t matter if it’s intentional or careless.

We’ll have to get better at shooting.

• I at least think Dedric will be stronger w/ the ball on boards. I’ve been griping about that for awhile.

• @Crimsonorblue22 And that 1 board came in the first min of the game (fell right to him so he did nothing), which makes it even worse. Ochai and Vick were in there trying, even if their production was weak. Never once can I recall grimes in there mixing it up. He avoids contact more than a prude at Bob Jones U.

• Well, I only caught bits and pieces of the game over my shoulder at work. I hope to watch the DVRd game soon. I guess the result is not all that surprising. Last I looked we were leading at the half. How did Ochai play?

• @betterfireE no no no… an elbow to the face is ok it’s the evil hook you have to watch out for.

• @jayhawkcsg He had a bad shooting night.