Jayhawk-Warrior chat here.

• I would love to hear Selfs halftime “talk” . Going to assume there would be a lot of “bleeps”

• @Kcmatt7 we allowed 10 attempts- that is the key. Cut their attempts by more than 50%.

• KirkIsMyHinrich said:

I wasn’t complaining about our defense as a whole, I was specifically complaining about our 3-point defense. Before the game. During the game. After the game.

Yes, the perimeter defense was better in the 2nd half. I agree.

I will say that I’m surprised Bill didn’t make it an emphasis this season (so far) after the Nova game.

• When KU decides to guard they are scary good. When they don’t, they are very beatable.

• KirkIsMyHinrich said:

I wasn’t complaining about our defense as a whole, I was specifically complaining about our 3-point defense. Before the game. During the game. After the game.

Yes, the perimeter defense was better in the 2nd half. I agree.

This team will get better as the year goes on. This is typical of KU in November. KU will still win 30+ games, they will still win the regular season title, they will still be a 1 or 2 seed, they will still be in the KC region starting out in either Des Moines or Tulsa.

None of the issues with this team are things we haven’t seen from a Bill Self team just about every year in November.

• BShark said:

Dotson was extremely good tonight. He shut down Markus Howard completely in the 2nd half.

Dotson was the MVP tonight, imo.

• @Kcmatt7 I’d vote Dedric, but Dotson was very good.

• dylans said:

When KU decides to guard they are scary good. When they don’t, they are very beatable.

This team should not struggle on either end at any time. Too much talent.

• Hmm , Dedric plays against Quality opp. – Look how he played against Michigan ST = =Big time - - tonight 26 points and 12 rebounds. - -Is this how i’s going to be ? - -but last to starting to show Think they say he had 19 and then 26 tonight - -hope he can continue to improve as the season goes on ,

This game against Tennessee is gonna be a war. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer73 said:

Hmm , Dedric plays against Quality opp. – Look how he played against Michigan ST = =Big time - - tonight 26 points and 12 rebounds. - -Is this how i’s going to be ? - -but last to starting to show Think they say he had 19 and then 26 tonight - -hope he can continue to improve as the season goes on ,

This game against Tennessee is gonna be a war. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

3 assists 2 blocks and just 1 turnover as well. Great game from Dedric.

• BShark said:

@Kcmatt7 I’d vote Dedric, but Dotson was very good.

He came to play tonight. And his rebounding is so good night in and night out that I probably don’t appreciate it enough.

I just thought Dotson was pesky on D all night long and made a ton of good decisions on O. His speed alone was responsible for at least 8 points tonight.

• @Kcmatt7 Very excited about Dotson. Especially if we get 3 years.

• BShark said:

@Kcmatt7 Very excited about Dotson. Especially if we get 3 years.

Sure would be nice…

• @Texas-Hawk-10 do we win the Natl Championship? Do we have the talent to?

• Who can explain Marcus Garrett’s shooting style? I’ve never seen a successful shooter with one shoulder away from the basket. Garrett doesn’t even try to square his shoulders. But, I like how active he is, just not his shots.

• @Kcmatt7 and yet we have struggled at both ends at times. I do agree with @Texas-Hawk-10 that we will grow and continue to improve.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 It seemed the Roy Williams teams would sometimes come out in November and be as good as they were going to get all season. I like that Bill’s teams get better all season.

• Go CLE

• KU held Marquette to 21 points in the second half; did not score in the first 9 minutes or so. I call this very good defense.

• Watching the Above the Rim feed. Not bad!

• Dotson was a stud, but after all my doggin on Dedric so far, he kept cool and, somewhat Perrylike in its quietness, had a great game. I give him the mvp. Tho without Doke (as usual) we’d have been hurtin

• I didn’t think Dok was a factor at all: 6 pts. 4 rbs and 0 blocks. I thought he should have been put back in during the last 2 min when the game was won just to get him back on track offensively. Dok’s defense was solid during the little time the refs allowed him play.

• Doke on the bench all late first half, got our butts kicked. Doke playing hard all early second half, out scored them 22-0. Coincidence?

• StLJhawk said:

Doke on the bench all late first half, got our butts kicked. Doke playing hard all early second half, out scored them 22-0. Coincidence?

Doke is very important.

• Bwag said:

@Kcmatt7 and yet we have struggled at both ends at times. I do agree with @Texas-Hawk-10 that we will grow and continue to improve.

I believe both statements are true about every team in college basketball in November!