Should KC go for it?

• I don’t know the guy but I assume some of you are more informed:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/22/patrick-peterson-cardinals-trade-request

• Yes. Word is they want two first round picks though, so it’s hard to say if anyone can get him.

• I just don’t think a corner is going to make that much of a difference. The main problem with the Chiefs D is they can not stop the run or put pressure on the QB. Besides Ford ( Houston is hurt) they don’t have anyone that can regularly pressure QB’s. With Houston out Ford is seeing double teams and getting chipped on the edge with the back. Obviously having a player of Peterson’s ability would help the defense it doesn’t do anything to solve its main issues.

• @Woodrow Good point. I think linebacker would be a better position to fill to try to stop those 8 to 14 yard 1st down runs.

• @Woodrow @mayjay Ironically, the answer there somewhat might have already been on the roster. I need to see more of him but I like how O’Daniel played against the Bengals.

Peterson would be an absolutely massive upgrade over Scandrick.

• We can’t give up a 2019 1st for him. We are set up for the 2019 draft perfectly. There are other players out there if we are desperate. Bills, Colts, 49ers and Giants all have guys that would improve the D.

I would love to have Peterson who is actually on a pretty cheap contract all things considered. But I just don’t know that I could justify giving up two firsts or even a first and a 2nd. We need more than just one CB to make this team better.

• I’d not go for this trade for below reasons:

1. I feel linebacker is of greater need than CB

2. There is still lot of money owed on his contract that will eat up our cap, no room to sign anyone else in an emergency situation/injury.

3. We will need draft picks for protection against losing our own players to FA, we will have several players becoming FAs in 2019 and 2020 so draft picks will be extremely valuable.

• Two firsts is too steep for the Chiefs. That would hamstring their future flexibility. The secondary has improved somewhat recently.

As @AsadZ said, LB is a big issue that should be addressed. KC needs to be able to stop the run, and also be able to play coverage without having to constantly shuffle personnel to do one or the other.

• @justanotherfan They need to switch to the 4-3 next season. The team appears to have been built to do that. Either by accident or purposefully I don’t know. But I believe you could play Neiman and DOD as OLBs in a 4-3 and see both of them be extremely successful. And as you said, they would allow you to not shuffle in players near as much.

• @Kcmatt7 I agree about the 4-3. Peterson would help but Brady had way too much time to throw is why they lost. You can have the corners in the game but if you ain’t got a rush they’ll find someone at some point.

• LANDON COLLINS GO FOR ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• If you can get a pro bowl level CB for a single first round pick, do it! It’s hard to identify and land that level of talent with any consistency in the draft. It’d probably take 2 first round picks and a couple of years to develop the player to get where Peterson is at today. Fuller would be a good second cb, but leaves a lot to be desired as the #1 guy. QBs are averaging over 9 yards per pass thrown to Fuller’s guy.

• I’d love Landon Collins. If I knew Eli Apple was on the market, I would have traded for him. If this makes the Peterson price go down to a single 1st, I’d consider it.

The truth is that I think the coaches and Veach are probably happy with what we have.

• Kcmatt7 said:

I’d love Landon Collins. If I knew Eli Apple was on the market, I would have traded for him. If this makes the Peterson price go down to a single 1st, I’d consider it.

The truth is that I think the coaches and Veach are probably happy with what we have.

I think Collins could be a great fit. Immediate upgrade at safety and a great pairing with Berry if he can come back. Helps in coverage and the run game.

• @BShark He’d be a perfect fit. We should just sign him this offseason, unless we can get him for a 5th (we don’t have a 4th to trade).

• Hmm, fair point. I just think a really good safety/lb could really help change the SB prospects this year.