The Next Coach

• Gus Malzahn just lost again, dropping Auburn to 4-3. There’s definitely a lot of discontent down there and it would only be mildly surprising if he got fired.

I still think Miles is the guy but there will be some legit options out there for how much Long can offer.

• I mean he just signed a 7 year 49M $ contract.

• @FarmerJayhawk What about Beaty…do you think he would be a candidate for the Cornshucker job?

• Woodrow said:

I mean he just signed a 7 year 49M $ contract.

It’s the SEC. money is no object.

• Malzahn has always come across as an underachiever to me. He’s only had 1 really good season at Auburn with his own players, and that was last season. I know he took Auburn to the title game in his first year, but he couldn’t back it up and Auburn has been a middle of the pack or worse team every year but last year.

To me, Malzahn is a slightly better version of Charlie Weis and I don’t think he’d ever really get KU turned around.

Long needs to do what he has to do to get Les Miles because Miles can get KU going in the right direction.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Woodrow said:

I mean he just signed a 7 year 49M $ contract.

It’s the SEC. money is no object.

Still, 32 million is his buyout. Might even be tough to swallow for Auburn’s bmds.

• @KUSTEVE YES!!!

Well, not the coaching job, but actually shucking corn.

• There is a Butch Jones rumor circulating.

• @BShark YUCK

• @BShark We hired Long for Miles he had better get him

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.