For good luck, part 2 - West Virginia Mountaineers - Saturday - 5pm - ESPN

• @HighEliteMajor I hate to break it to you, but you will never be confused with being objective on any issue of referees. You have your opinions, you bring out the evidence you think supports you, and you call it objectivity. But since you have previously posted your lengthy diatribes about refs, including your belief that most are incompetent, yours is still only a biased view to be taken with a grain of salt.

Others, including many who have watched CBB as long as or longer than you, may disagree. And we are not objective either.

Frankly, don’t trust anyone who starts out with, “Look, I’m being honest here”, and look for additional perspectives when someone claims that theirs is the only objective view.

• Replay is up on youtube for those interested.

• @mayjay The issue of objectivity here is not with officials. I agree with you. I believe officials suck.

But this issue of objectivity relates to whether we view the calls for, or against, our team, KU, objectively.

That’s where rose colored glasses come in.

• @Dylans - nice summary. At 6:28 on Newman’s drive (I had incorrectly said Vick) there was little if any contact ( I didn’t see really any), and it was not on the shot. He shot a 1-1. I had skipped the 4:15 foul that gave Vick free throws but you’re right, it was a bit weak.

The point is and your summary is excellent, the last eight minutes of calls/non-calls went our way when, very easily, they might not have.

• @HighEliteMajor I don’t see much to bitch about there for either team. I do see a coaching opportunity for Huggins if he admits the foul discrepancy was due to weak offense not attacking the Jayhawks, but given his post game remarks he isn’t taking it as a learning opportunity.

• @HighEliteMajor I never have viewed reffing through rose-colored glasses, and I believe I have never suggested or complained that KU got screwed overall in a game by refs in the 52 years or so I have been watching. (But I have complained that they missed a call here or there. I think in general those go both ways. Trying to be objective, which as you know…)

I do think a statistical disparity like yesterday is worth looking at by the ref supervisors, but I personally didn’t see any great reason to be concerned–except for Huggins trying really hard to get that 2nd technical so he could cry “Persecution!”

• @HighEliteMajor

Look at the shot/foul summary that @dylans posted of the last 8 minutes.

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.