DEVON DOTSON WHOSE COMMITMENT TO KANSAS WE NEVER DOUBTED

• Looks like he is committing Friday. Ayala is committing Saturday, so he won’t spoil it either way. I legit think Ayala does not know, and his decision hinges on Dotson.M

• For all the love Ayala claims to have for Maryland waiting until Saturday so he knows where Dotson is going would certainly say the opposite

• Also tifwiw but Matt Scott put out a piece on Samuell Williamson and put in a CB pick for him. Oddly not the first, which was Dain Ervin. I think it boils down to if the kid is a take, and he might just be.

• If Zion or Grimes end up picking KU this early decision may favor KU. I’m not saying Devin will land at KU, just KU having no high profile 1-3 commits yet helps.

Dotson and Grimes would be a great tandem in my opinion. I hope it plays out.

Man that team is going to have a lot of fresh faces.

• With everything happening with this FBI investigation, this could be a situation where there are only so many life boats off a growing number of Titanics. Louisville is toast. Arizona is in trouble. The investigation is still going. If a couple more programs get dinged on this, you could see lots of guys scrambling to get out of bad situations. That means lower ranked guys need to commit quickly to guarantee their seat, otherwise when transfers start happening, they won’t have anywhere to go.

Either way, buckle up.

• BShark said:

Also tifwiw but Matt Scott put out a piece on Samuell Williamson and put in a CB pick for him. Oddly not the first, which was Dain Ervin. I think it boils down to if the kid is a take, and he might just be.

Now who is this Samuell Williamson? = =ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• A basketball player. 😄

• @BShark Ohhhhhhh - -we got jokes – lmao - -gotcha. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54 I’ve mentioned him a few times before.

• @jayballer54 he is a 2019 guy, visited KU unofficially for late night

• 6’6’’ (currently) lengthy guard that can shoot it. Mom and older brother are KU grads. He is looking to come up for a game or two this year. Climbing the rankings after a good summer. Top 100-ish atm. With continue improvement, maybe 60-75 ranking range.

• @BShark Can’t lose guys like him. Perfect 4 year role guys (in state right?). Especially a kid like him with a lot more upside than probably most guys ranked in his same range.

• Kcmatt7 said:

@BShark Can’t lose guys like him. Perfect 4 year role guys (in state right?). Especially a kid like him with a lot more upside than probably most guys ranked in his same range.

Texas so not in state but if KU wants him, they should definitely be able to get him.

• Interesting recruiting story about KU target Zion Williamson"s measurements; the dude is huge…

Interesting predictions here, like KU winning the conference by 3 games. I believe KU should and will win the conference comfortably but by 3 full games? I am not sure that will be the case considering how solid the conference is.

• @JayHawkFanToo I’m on team el poyo this year, the rest of the league is pretty garbo.

• The same guy that cb picked Dotson to MD put in a MD cb for Ayala. Makes sense…in that he is hedging.

• @BShark I’ll 3rd that. WVU will be down. UT will be up, but by how much? OU will be up, but by how much? OSU lost their best player, down. Tech should be solid, but basically the same team as last season, slightly up (6-12 conference record). TCU same as last season unless someone takes a big step up. KSU will blow pretty hard it looks like. ISU solid, but I’m not scared of them without Hoiberg or their best two players. Baylor lost their best player and didn’t even have that great of a season last year once conference play started. I mean, honestly, who is going to lose less than 6 games in conference play? We won last season by 4 full games. I expect us to probably do the same. Honestly, I expect this team to have no more than 1 loss in conference play this season providing we stay healthy the entire year. And I don’t expect anyone to have less than 6 losses again this year. If I were an oddsmaker, I’d set the line at 4.5.

• Kcmatt7 said:

@BShark I’ll 3rd that. WVU will be down. UT will be up, but by how much? OU will be up, but by how much? OSU lost their best player, down. Tech should be solid, but basically the same team as last season, slightly up (6-12 conference record). TCU same as last season unless someone takes a big step up. KSU will blow pretty hard it looks like. ISU solid, but I’m not scared of them without Hoiberg or their best two players. Baylor lost their best player and didn’t even have that great of a season last year once conference play started. I mean, honestly, who is going to lose less than 6 games in conference play? We won last season by 4 full games. I expect us to probably do the same. Honestly, I expect this team to have no more than 1 loss in conference play this season providing we stay healthy the entire year. And I don’t expect anyone to have less than 6 losses again this year. If I were an oddsmaker, I’d set the line at 4.5.

I’d summarize with the fact that TCU might be the 2nd best team in the league. They will probably finish 4th or 5th, but still, you could make the argument.

I think ISU is a year away fwiw, they could be scary next year.

• I see KU with 4 losses this year. Kentucky, 2 times to west virginia, and one to texas. I love me some DG, Newman, and Vick; but, the I don’t see how they consistently break the press against WVU and not have 25 turnovers. We’ve truly been spoiled with point guard ball handling skills over the last several years and the aforementioned don’t cut it for me in a pressing situation. KU will have 2 weaknesses this year as compared to recent memory:

1. the ball handling as mentioned.
    2. When the shots aren’t falling and a play maker taking control and driving the basket for a contact layup and/or a foul.

3 full games is a tall feat. I do like TCU coming in second and WVU coming in 3rd. Each will have 4-5 losses each in conference I’d reckon.

• bmensch1 said:

I see KU with 4 losses this year. Kentucky, 2 times to west virginia, and one to texas. I love me some DG, Newman, and Vick; but, the I don’t see how they consistently break the press against WVU and not have 25 turnovers. We’ve truly been spoiled with point guard ball handling skills over the last several years and the aforementioned don’t cut it for me in a pressing situation. KU will have 2 weaknesses this year as compared to recent memory:

1. the ball handling as mentioned.
    2. When the shots aren’t falling and a play maker taking control and driving the basket for a contact layup and/or a foul.

3 full games is a tall feat. I do like TCU coming in second and WVU coming in 3rd. Each will have 4-5 losses each in conference I’d reckon.

WVU has almost no guard depth. If they have fouls called on them that should be called (much likelier to happen at AFH) they are in trouble.

I’d call for a split here. Probably will lose in Morgantown.

The next time Shaka beats KU at Texas will be the first.

KU will of course lose some games, but predicting which they will be good prove difficult. I could see them beating Kentucky but then losing the before Christmas game to Stanford for example.

Who the go to playmaker is will be an interesting adventure. I don’t think it’s Graham but Self likes to put the ball in the hands of his seniors. I think Newman, Preston and maybe Vick could all be guys you ask to get their own bucket. Not necessarily by driving to get to the cup like Frank though. Newman in particular is more, make a move to hope to free up space for a jump shot.

• @bmensch1 Nobody had less than 6 losses in conference last season besides KU.

• Well has something leaked out? - -Saw off 247 at 3:00a.m. this morning that Eric Ayala is picking up CB movement for Maryland. He picked up 3 CB’S yesterday for Maryland. - -From Charlie Strauzer , Dain Ervin & Jerry Meyer.

I know nothing coming out of Dotson camp but if he has predicted Maryland , and/or maybe Maryland staff has found out Dotson not coming this could be why. -Obviously if he is waiting till Saturday this might be why a trend now starting to show.

Maybe my boy STILL lands here , hoping Friday is good. - -Awsome if Dotson commits Friday and Grimes is here on campus this weekend. Starting to worry just a tad with Grimes and fricken Texas. - -We need to sweep him off his feet this weekend , thank GOD the football game is at Iowa State. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54

Maybe, but Ayala is deciding this week while Dotson still hasn’t decided on a date and the way things are going I doubt he does this week at this point.

This could also be related to Keldon Johnson pushing his commitment back and UK lurking for him. Ayala knows there is only a few spots open at Maryland and doesn’t want to miss out. I think Ayala committing to Maryland Saturday and Dotson waiting helps us too

• BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer54

Maybe, but Ayala is deciding this week while Dotson still hasn’t decided on a date and the way things are going I doubt he does this week at this point.

This could also be related to Keldon Johnson pushing his commitment back and UK lurking for him. Ayala knows there is only a few spots open at Maryland and doesn’t want to miss out. I think Ayala committing to Maryland Saturday and Dotson waiting helps us too

Huge UK run for Keldon Johnson. Hopefully Cal knows that Grimes is KU bound. 😀

• BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer54

I had heard that Devon was making his announcement Friday? - His dad was talking about it also. - Bottom line like you say IF he doesn’t that just helps us more I think. - If Ayala commits to Maryland this weekend before Devon well if think that sure pushes Devon more our way you would think. Also I have seen off the shiver that Grimes is here. - I didn’t think he was suppose to be here till this weekend wasn’t he? - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54

Yeah his dad did mention it but nothing has been confirmed by them either.

I believe Matt said Grimes gets here Thursday night and his visit runs through Saturday

• This was the last relevant actual update on Dotson…

In Devon Dotson news- According to his father Dana, no announcement date has been set yet but he did say “I think he’s close.”

When asked if a decision could come this week after Devon tweeted “Big week ahead!” Dotson said “it still could.”

Even if he doesn’t announce his decision by the end of the week it is still a big week for Devon. It’s Homecoming week.

• BeddieKU23 said:

@jayballer54

Yeah his dad did mention it but nothing has been confirmed by them either.

I believe Matt said Grimes gets here Thursday night and his visit runs through Saturday

See that is what I thought to, but on the Shiver one of Matt’s thread is titled - - HE is here. - I dunno. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Norm and Self going to NC today to check in with the Dotsons.

• BShark said:

Norm and Self going to NC today to check in with the Dotsons.

Going in for the Win!

I think they will know their decision today

• Looks like Maryland is going to see him as well.

Sounds like they are telling the staff’s their decisions…

• BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

Norm and Self going to NC today to check in with the Dotsons.

Going in for the Win!

I think they will know their decision today

Agree. Maryland staff is checking in today too.

• Yea the way it sounds. Devon is meeting with both coaching staffs today to let them know his decision. I’m sure he will announce soon.

• looks like things are finally heating up!!

• @BeddieKU23 The thermometer on this recruitment has now broke.

• My prediction is that he’s going to Louisville.

• Maryland stalkers noticed he followed

Josh Fendrick

Manager, Video Programming @BleacherReport | #SurvivorBoy and #ProducerKid on @SimmsAndLefkoe | #goTerps #goRU

• BShark said:

@BeddieKU23 The thermometer on this recruitment has now broke.

So now looking more likely then not we should know something this week. Maybe I need to call my boy - -let him know I’ve been riding his train from the get go. - He needs to man up and become the next PG with our beloved Jayhawks - -Don’t let me down now Devon. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• BeddieKU23 said:

Maryland stalkers noticed he followed

Josh Fendrick

Manager, Video Programming @BleacherReport | #SurvivorBoy and #ProducerKid on @SimmsAndLefkoe | #goTerps #goRU

Well, this certainly isn’t good.

• Thread has been appropriately renamed.

• Followed where? Not twitter. Maybe instagram?

• RockkChalkk said:

Followed where? Not twitter. Maybe instagram?

https://twitter.com/d_dotson1/following

• @BShark Weird, it doesn’t show up like that on mobile. It doesn’t show him as his most recent follow. If correct though, that certainly would be a very very bad sign for KU.

• @BShark but that’s people who is following Devon- - not Devon following people - this guy is following Devon - NOT Devon following him - this moron can follow anyone lol. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• “He actually followed two Bleacher Reports guys and the other one has nothing to do with Maryland. So probably has nothing to do with Maryland and more to do with an interview or how he’s announcing his commitment or something.”

Follow up post

• Its sickening to think that he could make that choice. Winning must not be important. Development must not be important. Publicity/Spotlight must not be important. Playing time must not be important. Tradition/history must not be important.

Playing with a buddy, that must be the most important thing. 🤢

• Let’s not get paranoid this doesn’t mean squat as far as I’m concerned. - This guy following Devon if anything following to see if he can getan inside scoop about where he is leaning or committing. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer54 said:

@BShark but that’s people who is following Devon- - not Devon following people - this guy is following Devon - NOT Devon following him - this moron can follow anyone lol. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Following is who he follows. Followers is who is following him.

• Ahh, if he comes to Lawrence I’ll welcome him with open arms. If he goes elsewhere I’ll wish him the best and enjoy watching him lose to KU if/when they play.

• I don’t see where he’s following this person having checked a few times…