Transfer talk

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

@Kcmatt7

I don’t believe that list has many options either.

A graduate transfer that hasn’t announced his intentions or finding something on the International pool could be an option.

MiKyle McIntosh would be perfect. I believe he still has his name in the draft though.

Forgot about him. He’s basically a better Mitch Lightfoot at this point but what we probably need is a 6’9, 6’10 athlete. Tilmon would have been ideal. Who knows what’s going to happen with the last scholarship if Svi stays in

• I think he’d be fine as a short 4. Leaves Whitman to play back-up C.

• BShark said:

I think he’d be fine as a short 4. Leaves Whitman to play back-up C.

That could actually work out pretty well.

• @BeddieKU23

At this point I think it would have to be one of the best options. Can’t imagine there is a good 2017 HS option.

• @BeddieKU23 I have kind of looked at this differently. Just one theory. And I’ll admit the evidence seems to indicate that Whitman may have been a reaction to word Coleby might leave.

But it could be something else. Coleby’s transfer thoughts could have been the reaction.

To be honest, who here really thinks of Coleby to be a reliable 3rd big? Not me. If fact, the idea of Coleby playing any substantive minutes made me long for the days of Jamari Traylor. Really, it did.

In fact, other than a few flashes, Coleby just wasn’t very good. We can run the gamut of excuses, but he took forever to rehab and many times was useless. That’s reality. Of course, he was of great help on a few occasions.

If you were Bill Self, would you bank on Coleby to be your #3 big?

I think it’s a reasonable possibility that Self was investigating the transfer possibilities and was looking to upgrade. He thus upgraded with Whitman. And it’s possible that upgrading with Whitman was the impetus for Coleby to consider transferring.

Why? The #4 big is not a great place to be, particularly in a team that has played small in the past year.

Of course, the associated scholarship issues could be entangled.

• @HighEliteMajor

Really good point about upgrading.

I agree that if Coleby was our #3 we were limiting ourselves to a player with limited physical ability at this point and for a team that’s always competing for championships there was no reason to be dependent on him in a consistent capacity with that knee. Unfortunate for him.

On Tape, Whitman looks like the exact type of player we needed in the post to compliment Doke’s strength, raw talent and Preston’s perimeter skills. Hopefully his transition is as seamless as other grad transfers make it at other schools.

Whitman seemed to be the “nudge” for Coleby to look elsewhere. The “unofficial” “we’ve replaced you”, and in today’s age kids need little nudging to look for greener pastures.

And what do we do with Svi’s scholarship if he stays in the draft? We don’t seem to be involved with anyone left on the market at this point… I suppose we’ll know within 7 days Self has been loyal in keeping that spot open for him.

• @mayjay So you’re only going on what was written in the article and didn’t look at the info package put out by Emory concerning financial aid for illegals? I provided a link to that on one of my earlier posts and it does mention financial aid, grants as well as loans based on the needs of the illegal.

• @Kcmatt7 Missouri MAKES winners into losers. It should be their state motto.

• @HighEliteMajor Well said, man.

• Replacing the 1-man dynamism of Josh Jackson, and the 1-man dynamism of Mason, is the 2-headed problem. We just lost 2 alphas.

• @nuleafjhawk Imagine putting your stadiums on Champions Drive and none of them every being a champion? So Missouri-ish.

• Not sure if it was mentioned yet. Chase Jeter is transferring to Arizona. I thought the point of leaving Duke was to get PT. LOL

• Tevin Mack to Alabama.

• @BShark

Saw that, Avery’s problem now. Wonder if he’ll fight his new teammates

• @BShark

Not sure a year off will help Jeter become something. Every recruiting service completely whiffed on his eval

• BeddieKU23 said:

@BShark

Not sure a year off will help Jeter become something. Every recruiting service completely whiffed on his eval

I thought he should have went to a mid-major/UNLV. His dad seems to still think he is big time though.

Edit: I think it was his dad that was quoted on some stuff previously too.

• @BShark

I thought the same thing. Both have this belief that he’s better then he is currently. Maybe by Senior year he’s Kaleb level okay which isn’t saying much but fits where both were ranked coming out of school.

• Very odd really. Arizona is pretty much the same level as Duke in terms of recruiting.

• @BShark I would have taken Jeter if we didn’t land the Lawson’s. Worse-case scenario he is Landen Lucas 2.0. But we get to avoid watching the first 3 and 1/2 years where Landen sucked.

• I believe I posted that I wasn’t interested. Don’t want to dig around for the posts though. I’d certainly much rather have Dedric Lawson.

• MiKyle McIntosh is available… immediately. If Svi announced the wrong way that is

• Kcmatt7 said:

MiKyle McIntosh is available… immediately. If as I announced the wrong way that is

we should contact him today, best available body after Svi’s decision

• BeddieKU23 said:

Kcmatt7 said:

MiKyle McIntosh is available… immediately. If as I announced the wrong way that is

Absolutely. Would really just be a great addition.

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

Kcmatt7 said:

Absolutely. Would really just be a great addition.

Definitely… We’ll know soon whether to pursue

• @BeddieKU23 He is a really solid player. Would be a great get since I think Svi is gone.