Rick Pitino S-U-C-K-S

• Rick Pitino, you are a trifling egomaniac. Come on man. I thought you were better than this.

At UNC down at the half, Pitino got irate and had to “be restrained” yelling at a fan whom ESPN reported to have told Pitino “Pitino, you S-U-C-K” as he made his way to the locker room. At least that’s how ESPN reported it, gun-shy about saying the word “suck”, and opting to spell it instead like the profanest of words. Pitino in his post game, called the fan a coward for turning his back on him. The fan was ejected. Are you f’n kidding me? If I got ejected from a front row seat for telling the opposing coach that he sucks I would lose my sh**!

And so Rick, you get my COWARD OF THE WEEK award. How sweet it must be for your entitled lily white butt to point at a passionate fan and have him ejected from his own home court.

Shame on you UNC, for turning the Dean Smith Center into King Pitino’s personal safe space.

And seriously, you can’t say “you suck”, you have to S-P-E-L-L it O-U-T on ESPN at 10:30 pm, but you can play trailers for horror movies at noon on a Saturday when little kids are actually watching?

• @approxinfinity Although Roy was pretty protective of “Rick”, saying that UNC fans should be better than that nonsense that coaches on the road have to hear. Roy was pretty scathing of that UNC fan.

• @approxinfinity

Isn’t it the same thing MU fans screamed at Calipari?

• I’m surprised Pitino lost his cool. Should’ve done what Calipari did at Mizzou and just walked away in disgust.

• @approxinfinity by the way, those horror trailers bug me too during ball games. (I’m an old school splatter movie junkie, but those clips would have given me freaking nightmares as a little kid)

• This blows my mind. I can’t believe that fan was ejected! The world is not what I thought it was.

• @approxinfinity said:

And seriously, you can’t say “you suck”, you have to S-P-E-L-L it O-U-T on ESPN at 10:30 pm, but you can play trailers for horror movies at noon on a Saturday when little kids are actually watching?

^^^^^ THIS is the hypocrisy that more people should be outraged about. The ads that the networks show are off-the-charts inappropriate and have a far wider negative impact than one fan getting irate at a coach.

Just to be clear: I’m not defending the fan’s behavior. But for the network blush about that and meanwhile remain unconscious to content of their advertising is totally hypocritical.

• @JayHawkFanToo I guess it is. I didn’t read that story, to be honest, just the headline. I assumed that the MU fans must have said something more vulgar than simply “you suck”. To me, that’s a non-story.

• @approxinfinity

Charles Oakley says hello. had to say it

• @bskeet You can’t spell out S U C K, but if you are clad in purple, it’s perfectly fine to SAY * UCK KU. Over and over and over and over…

• @JayHawkFanToo Cal S-U-C-K-S too.

• don’t worry he didn’t know the strippers were there. don’t worry

• you should watch the video aprox. It’s funny watching the MU fans finally get behind something. It’s just a Cal you suck chant, but at last they were unified.

• @JayHawkFanToo lol thanks. Everyone acted appropriately :smile:

• @nuleafjhawk on e s p n

• Still, my favorite sign of all during the final Missouri game was “NOW YOU’RE KENTUCKY’S BITCH!”

• @dylans

Hey wait a minute… Mizzies have perfect unity when lining up to buy meth from their dealer!

• Pitino has lost it.

He has quite a history that influenced the game of basketball. But the Pitino we see today is not that Pitino.

Call it “old age” or maybe he is sampling too much of that Kentucky bourbon with his name on it.

• @drgnslayr Line 'em up ear to ear, and you can see right through.

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.