Ingram Token Sign or The Real Deal

• I so want to play them this year. I think our guys can take Puke with their recruits.

Mason/Thornton

Selden/Allen

Svi/Ingram

Ellis/Bragg/Traylor/Jefferson/Obi

Bragg/Lucas (Diallo)/Mick/Jeter/Plumblee?

• During his announcement, Ingram said he was a Duke fan growing up. Somehow that detail slipped through the cracks.

• @brooksmd Easy does it my good drinking buddy. Have a quick swig and relax. No body is blaming Self. I’m making the mere observation that his recruiting skills are slipping. You’re right, there are many factors involved. We’ll be fine and Self recruits based on need, not pure talent and numbers.

But, you have to admit it would be nice to have some OADs and win a NC. If you look at my last post and the match-ups, we look weak again at the 5. Let’s hope we land Diallo to maintain a highly competitive edge.

• @RockkChalkk I know of a few recruits we’ve had that were KU fans too that slipped through the cracks. I’d like to think we were his second choice. I don’t know, right now that seems like a bone. I guess second to Puke is better than second to none.

• @Crimsonorblue22

We all knew that he was a likely Duke get so I am not really bummed over it…now, Diallo, that is different and I would be bummed if we don’t get him.

• @truehawk93

What makes you think Ingram went to Duke because of Capel? I would say he went there because it was the best local option and because of Coach K and in spite and not because of Capel, who has proven that he cannot coach at the top level and now is an assistant at his Alma Mater, the only place that would have him. He might think he is the coach-in-waiting when Coach K retires, but is there anyone that believes he will be the next HC at Duke? I certainly do not.

• @RockkChalkk

Most of the stories about Ingram indicate he was Duke fan growing up. Nothing new there. It was simply overshadowed by the stories of the other players from his HS that went to UNC.

• @JayHawkFanToo really like the guy, think we have a need there, along w/needing diallo.

• College basketball as a whole is turning into an unsavory product. Changes need to be made very, very soon.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, anyone wanna tell me what the difference between K and Calipari is?

• @RockkChalkk Yet he said if it were not for the UNC sanctions, he would’ve committed to them last Fall?

• @MoonwalkMafia 1st and 3rd?

• @Crimsonorblue22 No kiddin. Guess I wasnt paying attention. Thought he did. Oh well, its a moot point anyways now that he chose Duke.

• @MoonwalkMafia

Well…in Hollywood terms, Coach K is like Helen Mirren and Calipari is like the Kardashians…all of them combined including Bruce Jenner who I guess is also a female now?

Coach Self would be Meryl Streep, of course, the best of the best.

• @JayHawkFanToo LOL…the point of my post is, I don’t care about Capel or Puke. It makes me no difference. I’m using some sarcasm to make a point. I doubt he gets a sniff of the job when K leaves.

I’m respecting the kid’s decision and moving on to the next recruit.

• …the correct answer was that Kentucky is a school ranked behind K-State academically, and Duke is 3 spots behind Yale. The whole thing is pretty ugly, but OADs at Duke is just…upsetting.

• @BeddieKU23 I’m not basing this on anything but I see him going to UK. Partially just because he seems like a UK player and partially because I selfishly don’t want any more perimeter players when we are set in that area (at least I think we are).

Please land a kid who can play 4/5 so we don’t have to have another year of watching Lucas fumble the ball to the other team and seeing Jamari grab 2 rebounds in 25 minutes on the floor.

• @joeloveshawks said:

@BeddieKU23 I’m not basing this on anything but I see him going to UK. Partially just because he seems like a UK player and partially because I selfishly don’t want any more perimeter players when we are set in that area (at least I think we are).

Please land a kid who can play 4/5 so we don’t have to have another year of watching Lucas fumble the ball to the other team and seeing Jamari grab 2 rebounds in 25 minutes on the floor.

I don’t disagree with you in the fall brown said ku and UK stuck out to him. Michigan and unc his dream scool also rate a good chance with him. If we did land him he’d replace oubre’s production and reduce Svi and Greenes role. the only reason we stand a chance is because until today he’s said jack about where he may go. our odds are better than what I think we have.

Diallo is the only hope of landing a day 1 starter in the post but we are likely to lose to sleezy recruiting tactics and a slime Ball on his last leg to field a team

• @hawkmoon2020 said:

I respect Ingram’s decision, but I can’t imagine Duke signing a 17 year old PG who is “unproven” at the D1 level, would help that much to convince him to go to Duke. We have a Jr. and So. PG’s who would have fed him better…

Thornton will be one of the best freshman pgs in the country. He was a star at Findlay Prep And to base speculation that he is unproven because he reclassified is like saying the same about Andrew Wiggins when he did the same thing.

• @BeddieKU23 didn’t wigs go up a grade and then back down? He wasn’t 17.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said:

@BeddieKU23 didn’t wigs go up a grade and then back down? He wasn’t 17.

Very well could have.

• @BeddieKU23 Wiggins did reclassify down and then back up. Kids having been doing this for years. They reclassify down to dominate younger competitition, be the star focus of their team, get on recruiting radars, and then if it makes sense to reclassify up they do. If not, they can stay down another year and attempt to improve their stock.

Thornton did the same thing, having originally been part of the class of 2015 and then reclassifying down. Then the opening for PG happened at Duke and bam, right time to reclassify back up.

• @approxinfinity he’s awfully young.

• If I and my son sat down a month ago and watched the NCAA tournament and saw KU light fumble all over Wichita State and then watched Duke win the championship would I say, gee son you need to go to KU they need some help or would I say wow look at Duke, that’s a winning program.

When KU won it in 08 we seemed to be the darlings for a while and recruiting seemed better but in the last couple of years we have had NCAA issues and untimely injuries that gave us some terrible losses. This has not helped the recruiting. Self will eventually right the ship but if we don’t get just a little more help this year we may not be able to sustain with the injuries into the summer and next season. Knee injuries are very hard to overcome.

• @KU-Flyer

we do need a full roster especially since 3 spots are guaranteed to be open after next year. If we don’t sign anymore players we could have as many as 8 spots open (yikes). 3 left over Scholarships, 3 guaranteed spots open and pending Svi & Selden draft decisions.