More Realignment Talk

• There’s stories now coming out of Big 12 media days that the Big 12 could be the frontrunners for landing Florida St. and Clemson along with 4 other ACC schools. The story is the the Big 10 is going to pass on those two due to academics (neither are AAU schools), and that the SEC isn’t going to extend an invitation either to FSU or Clemson which leaves the Big 12 as their destination if they can get out of their GoR contracts.

The same story also said that the B10 is interested in expanding into Texas. The AAU criteria pretty much means they’d be looking at Texas A&M. There could definitely be some smoke there as officials at A&M were pretty pissed off at the rest of the SEC for voting Texas into the conference.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I made a thread on this 2 day ago

• I am surprised that Clemson is not AAU.

• Umm ya, this is starting to get serious , there i ALOT of smoke about this now. Jason Scheer reporting that there is an internal belief from sources the Big 12 that Florida St & Clemson will join the Big 12 within a year or so, rumor ha it that the BIG and SEC are playing it slow in any additions at this point and their main targets are N Carolina & Norte Dame. - -part of FSU being added is them not being AAU.

The AD at UCF thinks it’s a done deal , Now does that mean this is done deal No - -BUT there has been serious talks. I still don’t see it–alot don’t see it and yet there is getting a lot more reporting of it from different sources.

Read this morning that four other ACC Schools are finalizing joining Florida St & Clemon coming to the Big 12

• Jeeze. 6 more??!!

What would that be… like the Big 22?

• Is there a big exit fee for them?

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in More Realignment Talk:

Is there a big exit fee for them?

Florida St is challenging the fee right now in court. Ya the ACC is trying to have them pay HUGE exit fees like somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 Mill give or take has been reported. -They are trying to get out for way less ,if anything at all- -challenging some of the wording in the GOR - the ACC has like 5 lawsuits against them right now like 2 from FSU - -then Clemson ahs 2 I beleive and possibly N Carol has one- - it’s a mess.

Thing is if FSU wins in Court they could actually declare they were leaving the ACC a early as the end of this year. They want acceptance into the BIG , but rumor also has it that the BIG says FSU is not their number one pick , a lot because of FSU not being AAU - - if FSU wins their battle and leaves this starts the mass exodus for other ACC Schools. like VT - - Pitt - Louisville- - -Miami- - -NC State etc , -Of course if you ask any of the FSU people about the possibility of landing in the Big 12 they ALL saty eithout a doubt 100% that there is NO TRUTH to the rumors , saying every FSY/Clemson insider in the know all say there is no way they land in the Big 12— it’s a mess

• Brett McMurphy which is considered by fellow reporters as one of the top if not the top who has very reliable sources put out an article today stating that: FSU will not be joining the BIG or SEC if it’s successful leaving the ACC or the ACC stays intact.

Sources within the BIG & SEC says it does not make financial sense & FSU is not a good partner. The SEC saying it has no interest in expansion, also noted that FSU IS NOT the BIG or SEC’s first choice for expansion, - -SEC & BIG both want N Carolina and Virginia – because of new territory – already have their feet in Florida,

Three SEC Presidents stated they have no interest in FSU being added , article also says Big 12 has a long ways to go to obtain FSU/Clemson need to belly up to the bar and give them what they want.

Ideally would love to have well they said that Brett Yormark 1st want is NC State to go with these Schools and then probably Louisville ( really good fit ) and or possibly Miami

• I don’t care to lose UT and OU to add two lesser teams that will act like they are “owed” something by the big 12 in Clemson and fsu

• @kuballin10 yeah. Personally not a fan.

• @kuballin10 said in More Realignment Talk:

I don’t care to lose UT and OU to add two lesser teams that will act like they are “owed” something by the big 12 in Clemson and fsu

This is far from a done deal - -in the end they could still end up in the big 10 or SEC

• We need to get out of this league

• @FarmerJayhawk said in More Realignment Talk:

We need to get out of this league

Preferably to the Big 10. Really we should have been there long ago.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in More Realignment Talk:

We need to get out of this league

Still always that chance - -still some talk about KU to the SEC

• I understand that the money is important but I think KU football gets lost in the SEC.

• I think the best option is still to go to the B10 or SEC. But if the ACC implodes would the B12 still be considered a power conference with the other 2 if they added let’s say FSU, Clemson, NC state, UL and Miami? I think it would be pretty damn tough to not consider that a power conference. The best thing that this conference can do is send a team to the CFB or 2 and win some games. Academically I think will take about anyone we have WVU and TT. If I’m not mistaken WVU is one the lowest rated D1 academic programs in the land. It was really silly to add them they brought very little to nothing to the table. Mostly average athletics and very small media market.