KU vs Octagon of Tang Doom Game Chat.

• Would be pretty dang sweet to leave this place with a W tonight and send whatever we call them people in Manhattan that have been brainwashed beyond repair home crying.

Self can break that team tonight.

• I agree with @BeddieKU23 and would add that a final nail in the coffin be a KJ DUNK like EJ in Ames. Put it to the little brother so that the end of the season game means nothing in the way of standings. Never wanted a win so much.

#RockChalk

• Hunter should dominate in this one with his size advantage. We could struggle guarding Kaluma, he can step out and hit 3s. Must start fast and keep the crowd in check.

• After such an enthralling victory Saturday a letdown is an unfortunate possibility. Given we’re 1-3 on the road in league play I don’t expect it to be easy. This should be a victory, but I certainly thought the same when we played Central Florida Senior Citizen Retirement Home and West Virginia Hillbilly St. They just got thumped at home against Oklahoma St. (did I read that right?) But have some nice home wins like against Baylor especially. Crowd will be jacked as usual, dreaming of storming the court, trying to text their mommas on their flip phones, driving home in their Four Old Rusty Doors cars etc. I don’t care if we win by 1 or 50, as long as we win.

• I could see a letdown in the fact we won’t shoot 70% on the road & will likely have to navigate foul trouble. This is a very winnable game, K-St is free-falling currently. If we are to believe Saturday wasn’t our A++ game then they should be confident coming in. I could see fatigue being a factor, all 5 starters did log 30+ minutes Saturday and we know some are battling at less than 100%. I’m optimistic we’ll see what I think is Vintage KU/Self, a big statement win like Saturday leads to further momentum. This is the right time for these guys to step on the gas pedal.

• @wissox said in KU vs Octagon of Tang Doom Game Chat.:

After such an enthralling victory Saturday a letdown is an unfortunate possibility. Given we’re 1-3 on the road in league play I don’t expect it to be easy. This should be a victory, but I certainly thought the same when we played Central Florida Senior Citizen Retirement Home and West Virginia Hillbilly St. They just got thumped at home against Oklahoma St. (did I read that right?) But have some nice home wins like against Baylor especially. Crowd will be jacked as usual, dreaming of storming the court, trying to text their mommas on their flip phones, driving home in their Four Old Rusty Doors cars etc. I don’t care if we win by 1 or 50, as long as we win.

Ya a let down looms large after such a big win on Saturday. - -A lot of times seems like we play down to the level of our competition. -We all know they will play way over their heads, and they will have a player just play out of his mind. - -Perry will try to score at least 30 , his shot selection stinks just throws up a lot of trash - -seen it more then once , seen K/State player come down one on three and jack it up -But not tonight. - -Watch for quick whistles on KU too, almost take it to the bank they will try their dankest to get Hunter in foul trouble -him or Kevin will be in foul trouble you can count on it.

• @BeddieKU23 I’ve been to a couple of games at the Octagon of Dumb. I lost several IQ points each time I was there.

But I will say one thing - they have a banner that we don’t have (besides the Livestock Judging thing)

“Remember that time we beat KU?”

• @wissox I would also propose to call the so-called university in Florida as Harry Mouse U. or Mickey Potter U. or swampland U. even though I like your variation as well.

• I hear they have classes such as “How to be the best Disney character you can be.”

• Fans of both KSU and the Chiefs get two super bowls this week!

• @kjayhawks PHOF!!!

• @patoh3 Any time I can in more public forums like Twitter I call them Central Florida because they hate that. They want to be known as UCF instead of directional sounding Central Florida.

After such an enthralling victory Saturday a letdown is an unfortunate possibility. Given we’re 1-3 on the road in league play I don’t expect it to be easy. This should be a victory, but I certainly thought the same when we played Central Florida Senior Citizen Retirement Home and West Virginia Hillbilly St. They just got thumped at home against Oklahoma St. (did I read that right?) But have some nice home wins like against Baylor especially. Crowd will be jacked as usual, dreaming of storming the court, trying to text their mommas on their flip phones, driving home in their Four Old Rusty Doors cars etc. I don’t care if we win by 1 or 50, as long as we win.

This game is critical if we want to win the conference championship. This is arguably the most winnable of the remaining road games. We’re favored. With the remaining road games, it’s hard to see even one more win. We need this, one more road win (OU, TTU?), and hopefully hold serve at AFH, which is no sure thing. That gets us to 12-6. Can we get one more road win? I think 13-5 wins this year. Regardless, we simply can’t afford to lose another road game to a bottom half conference foe…

• If someone showed you a halftime score of 29-17 and made you guess at least one of the teams playing guessing a majority of fans would pick Virginia.

• Now that Johnny has become KU’s 4th scoring threat, KU can more easily weather an off night by one of the other starters or someone on the bench with fouls. I would still like to see Juan shoot more from 3 and drive to the rim a couple times. I really like when Juan drives to the rim, then lobs to one of the bigs.

If someone showed you a halftime score of 29-17 and made you guess at least one of the teams playing guessing a majority of fans would pick Virginia.

Reasonable assumption. So, UVA has 29 pts at half and I know a lot of people will diss that. But, they held a team that averages 81 ppg to 17 in the 1st half and 6 of those came on 2 late 3s. UVA is NOT the most athletic team - far from it - but they are just so fundamentally sound on D. Don’t switch everything, but slide through picks to stay with their man. Know how to hedge and quickly drop back. Box out. If you like good defense - I do - worth taking notes…

• @DCHawker said in KU vs Octagon of Tang Doom Game Chat.:

@wissox said in KU vs Octagon of Tang Doom Game Chat.:

This game is critical if we want to win the conference championship. This is arguably the most winnable of the remaining road games. We’re favored. With the remaining road games, it’s hard to see even one more win. We need this, one more road win (OU, TTU?), and hopefully hold serve at AFH, which is no sure thing. That gets us to 12-6. Can we get one more road win? I think 13-5 wins this year. Regardless, we simply can’t afford to lose another road game to a bottom half conference foe…

u understandable what you say , and yet it’s not like we are the only one’s having trouble on the road. - -This league is an absolute blood bath. - I’ve said this before- - -there are no give me’s in this league , you best bring your A game every night or your gonna lose. - -Look at UCF they are like 4-5 in the league - -not sure about you I just didn’t think that would happen , and obviously there were some other people that didn’t think so either -and they took an L.-- -All the teams on a given night can get beat no matter where your at. - Just got to avoid the let down , I worry about tired legs this Saturday/Monday and our mental state after coming off such a huge win - -not gonna be easy. They better have their heads in the game , can’t afford and long scoring droughts.

If you wanna go off stats ere better in almost every area - -think is they are stats - stats don’t help during a live game - -in the end I think we pull this out. I WILL say this again watch out for quick whistles against us and either Hunter or Kevin getting in foul trouble early - wew are in the Apple strange things might go on

• @DCHawker +100!!

• @jayballer67 said in KU vs Octagon of Tang Doom Game Chat.:

@DCHawker said in KU vs Octagon of Tang Doom Game Chat.:

@wissox said in KU vs Octagon of Tang Doom Game Chat.:

u understandable what you say , and yet it’s not like we are the only one’s having trouble on the road. - -This league is an absolute blood bath. - I’ve said this before- - -there are no give me’s in this league , you best bring your A game every night or your gonna lose. - -Look at UCF they are like 4-5 in the league - -not sure about you I just didn’t think that would happen , and obviously there were some other people that didn’t think so either -and they took an L.-- -All the teams on a given night can get beat no matter where your at. - Just got to avoid the let down , I worry about tired legs this Saturday/Monday and our mental state after coming off such a huge win - -not gonna be easy. They better have their heads in the game , can’t afford and long scoring droughts.

If you wanna go off stats ere better in almost every area - -think is they are stats - stats don’t help during a live game - -in the end I think we pull this out. I WILL say this again watch out for quick whistles against us and either Hunter or Kevin getting in foul trouble early - wew are in the Apple strange things might go on

Other teams are struggling on the road, but none of the other contenders have a loss in Morgantown or Orlando which could be the difference in the final standings. Tonight is a must win for KU’s Big 12 title chances.

• If this game ends early can we start early for a change?

• Wow. What was that? 60-38

• Miami hits 30% from three instead of 10% and they win.

Even in the KU-TCU frigidisaster of 2013, KU managed to score 55 points in the game after only 13 in the first half.

If this game ends early can we start early for a change?

Nope - 9:07 (EST) tip…

• Have we played @ Kstate in the past 20 years on a weekend afternoon game? It seems like it’s always the late game on Monday or Tuesday so the students are at peak abnoxious/drunk by game time.

• Looking at standings, not one team in our league currently has more than a two game win streak or a two game loss streak, well except our opponent tonight which has lost 4 straight.

• Dead cat bounce game?

• @wissox Texas wasn’t even ranked 🤦♀

Our managers beat theirs BY A BIG MARGIN…30 or so

• Here we go

• Great we get the stupid Cubs announcer again.

• Avoided 3 straight of Fran I’ll take it

• Octo-Tang of Dumb?

• please please never do the stupid light stuff in AFH

• Lol Furphy mania is awesome

• Furph is about 3 weeks away from being the big dog on this team

• Sweet KJ

• Nice And 1 KJ

• That little guy going to guard KJ?

• Kj with a smooth ft stroke

• Not a good start

• pretty much KSU’s only hope is to shoot about 60% from 3

• Wow 3 seconds in the lane and the 5 seconds call.

• Haha

• Hook and hold?

• FOH Bilas

• got the whole arm, Bilas

• What did Bilas say? I’m listening to radio

• The ref who called it was down court

• He initially said he thought Hunter was the one who fouled then changed his mind

• Flagrant nice

• What a crappy start.