KU Football is Now Relevant. Take the Next Step Tonight.

• Ranked 17th!

• @Crimsonorblue22 I don’t want this to sound like a slam, but if our qb would quit overthrowing wide open receivers we’d be a lot higher than that.

Not a slam. Just truth.

• I do always wonder why there isn’t more transparent accountability for refs. They were TERRIBLE last night. The ISU return did not look like he stepped out, I remember three pretty blatant PI on third down that didn’t get called, the grim one being the most egregious. And how long did they review that “fumble” that they had to overturn into what was CLEARLY an incomplete pass? Low hit on beans knee, questionable roughing the passer calls on both sides, just a big ole stinker from the officials that game.

• @nuleafjhawk said in KU Football is Now Relevant. Take the Next Step Tonight.:

@Crimsonorblue22 I don’t want this to sound like a slam, but if our qb would quit overthrowing wide open receivers we’d be a lot higher than that.

Not a slam. Just truth.

We’d also have at least one more win if he didn’t have a habit of throwing into double or triple coverage consistently as well.

• @nuleafjhawk that’s what is so frustrating about Jason. He led the B12 in QBR this week and was just fantastic outside of 2 throws. Against Texas he had the worse QBR of any power 5 starter this season and OSU wasn’t a lot better. Just have to hope he has found his stride and will get a us some more wins. We are still very lucky to have him on our roster.

• @kjayhawks That’s one way to get to average. One extreme after the other.

• For me, I’m just going to enjoy and accept Jason Bean for all his faults and successes. KU is 7-2, ranked 19 and two of the next three games are against easier opponents. If anyone would have predicted in August 2022 that KU would have been this successful, I would have laughed and called them crazy. I’m really glad Jason suck around this year. He gives us our best chance to win every remaining game.

• @stoptheflop 19 in AP

• I think that was Bean’s best game yet. His short passes were accurate. His touch passes were accurate. He’s always accurate with the long passes.

He managed the game consistently. Really could not ask for a much better performance.

• I think we have to give @Kcmatt7 some credit for a pretty good preseason prediction… flipped the Okie teams, but otherwise spot on.

https://kubuckets.com/topic/12987/2023-season-predictions

Hope he’s dead wrong about KSU and we win out.

• I’ ll ask this- -was anyone else sweating little gold nuggets when Jason went down and look like he was hurt/leg injury ? - -I’m not to proud to admit I thought - - -DAM WE ARE DONE. - - ANYONE ELSE ?

• I think KU can make the CCG if they win out, Oklahoma wins out, and Texas drops a game at Iowa St.

That would put Kansas, Texas, and Oklahoma in a 7-2 triangle. It would then come down to record against best common opponent, which is likely going to be Iowa St, who Kansas and Oklahoma beat and Texas lost to. Then Kansas has the head-to-head against Oklahoma.

• Oklahoma by the way has home games vs West Virginia and TCU and a road game at BYU, so they have a decent shot at winning out.

I doubt Iowa St can beat Texas, but with the game in Ames and if Ewers isn’t playing, they have a shot.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich said in KU Football is Now Relevant. Take the Next Step Tonight.:

I think KU can make the CFP if they win out, Oklahoma wins out, and Texas drops a game at Iowa St.

That would put Kansas, Texas, and Oklahoma in a 7-2 triangle. It would then come down to record against best common opponent, which is likely going to be Iowa St, who Kansas and Oklahoma beat and Texas lost to. Then Kansas has the head-to-head against Oklahoma.

That would be awesome if that happened BUT I don’t see much of a way Teas losing to Iowa St. – Defensively Iowa St might give them some trouble BUT offensively I don’t see any way Iowa State is going to be able to outscore Texas and or handle Texas D-Line. - -Iowa State had trouble running against us - - -they not running on Texas which makes them very one dimensional and that will put Rocco Beck left running for his life. - -I just can’t see anyway. Actually I’d be surprised if Texas didn’t win that game by 3 scores

• CCG I mean, not CFP lol

• @jayballer67 said in KU Football is Now Relevant. Take the Next Step Tonight.:

@KirkIsMyHinrich said in KU Football is Now Relevant. Take the Next Step Tonight.:

I think KU can make the CFP if they win out, Oklahoma wins out, and Texas drops a game at Iowa St.

That would be awesome if that happened BUT I don’t see much of a way Teas losing to Iowa St. – Defensively Iowa St might give them some trouble BUT offensively I don’t see any way Iowa State is going to be able to outscore Texas and or handle Texas D-Line. - -Iowa State had trouble running against us - - -they not running on Texas which makes them very one dimensional and that will put Rocco Beck left running for his life. - -I just can’t see anyway. Actually I’d be surprised if Texas didn’t win that game by 3 scores

Same… But that’s at least a scenario that Kansas can get in with Texas only losing one time. If Ewers isn’t playing Texas might have trouble scoring on Iowa St, who does have a good defense.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich said in KU Football is Now Relevant. Take the Next Step Tonight.:

@jayballer67 said in KU Football is Now Relevant. Take the Next Step Tonight.:

@KirkIsMyHinrich said in KU Football is Now Relevant. Take the Next Step Tonight.:

Same… But that’s at least a scenario that Kansas can get in with Texas only losing one time. If Ewers isn’t playing Texas might have trouble scoring on Iowa St, who does have a good defense.

ya, never say neve I reckon, I mean that’s why w play the games right ?

• I would have to look at this more, but it also might be possible for Kansas to make the CCG if Kansas wins out, Oklahoma wins out, and then Texas loses to any opponent. That would again create a 3-way circle of suck between Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. If Texas drops a game to TCU or Texas Tech (again unlikely) then it would come down to win percentage against the best common opponent, in which case everyone would have beaten Iowa St. Then it would come down to win percentage against all common conference opponents, which I think would only be BYU and Iowa St who we all will have beaten in that scenario… So then it would come down to combined winning percentage of all conference opponents in conference games. Right now Kansas’ B12 opponent record is 28-26, Texas’ B12 opponent record is 27-27, and Oklahoma’s B12 opponent record is 27-27, and that includes records for teams we haven’t played yet.

So tldr it might be possible if we win out, Oklahoma wins out, and Texas loses any of their remaining games.

• Honestly I just want beat KSU and win a bowl game. Hopefully we win out but those 2 games are more important to me.

• @DanR At least I picked us to beat OU! But then predicted the letdown at ISU. Had us at 7-5 which now would be a disappointment.

• Well, hell after holding on by fingernails for the win at ISt, KU must find a way to get past Tex Tech. Was ISt’s rush defense that good or did our Oline just flat out fail to make the trip? Please tell me Neal and Hit-em-in-the-Mouth Hishaw will get back to world domination on Saturday. TT has the 5th best overall defense in the B12; Kansas is 9th. TT’s rush defense is 7th in the B12 at 141/gm. KU favored by 3.5 thanks to playing at home. Let’s just hope this doesn’t come down to making a FG for the win.

• @stoptheflop yeah ISU’s defense is capital G Good.

• @stoptheflop said in KU Football is Now Relevant. Take the Next Step Tonight.:

Well, hell after holding on by fingernails for the win at ISt, KU must find a way to get past Tex Tech. Was ISt’s rush defense that good or did our Oline just flat out fail to make the trip? Please tell me Neal and Hit-em-in-the-Mouth Hishaw will get back to world domination on Saturday. TT has the 5th best overall defense in the B12; Kansas is 9th. TT’s rush defense is 7th in the B12 at 141/gm. KU favored by 3.5 thanks to playing at home. Let’s just hope this doesn’t come down to making a FG for the win.

Iowa Stat defense really good. - it’s not just KU run they have shut down, they are like 2nd in the Big 12 in rushing defense. Actually their secondary was suppose to be pretty good too but Jason did pretty well against them.

Now as far as Texas Tech our D needs to stand up, get those stops, Texas Tech has potent run game, their running back /Brooks has rushed for 1,037 yards & averages 115.2 yards per game, really strong elusive back. - They got their starting QB back not to shabby Morten he has been back for a couple of games now has 978 yards for the year not extremely over accurate on completions but good enough 61.9 % and a QBR of 108.7 - -10 TD"s & 2 INT’S - - Defense has got to be ready to come to play - -not going to be easy. With us being at home & our Coah’s I’ll take our chance .

• At the very least they are going to have to show a lil more respect for our passing game! Bean and our super receivers!

• Really huge recruiting visits next week vs K/Straight. – they was ask numbers wise or talent wise & they said BOTH… – In the podcast Kirby who has followed kids said he has been doing this since like 1998 - -evaluating talent & he was saying KU fans ought to be stoked about our defensive end dual that we got coming in next year - -saying these guys are really good. - - Warner & Brinkley make quite the pair of edge rushers.

Our RB room ought to be well represented again - -Probably have Hishaw back - -not sure about Neal - -BUT Martel - - Johny Thompson - -& Stewart looks pretty dam solid - Thompson has got some moves/speed