Ok so now here we go. Don't shoot the messenger.

• Ok , so this is heating up - -again , I think you need to give credence at least some to this. Now I know farmer you think last time it was click bait - -this time I seriously don’t think you can say that so much. To many sources , to many sites.

Brett Mc Murphy , was the 1st one I saw that brought this to light. - -Then we have Seeth Davis reporting , then we have the site Locked on Jayhawks , then w have Another site talking on this. Things just breaking this morning early.

There is a lot of talk that the Big twelve /Brett Yormark as it says are in Serious - - -High Level talks wit Gonzaga about joining the Big 12 s early as the 24/25 Season. - -This would not be just Basketball only, they would be a member in other sports in the conference like they would be in Baseball , Womens Soccer , Volleyball , and both Men & Womens Tennis.

They are reporting that Yormark met in separate sessions with the Big 12 Presidents & AD’S. - Decision could come as quick as within a couple of weeks. A key concept is that Gonzaga could be willing to accept less revenue to at outset of joining the Big 12 similar to SMU joining the ACC.

Yormark has been given the go ahead from League Presidents for discussions with Gonzaga , Yes at one point Yormark had said the big 12 was done, BUT with the looks with the way things seem too be going on realignment it says the Big 12 has decided to take a look at adding Gonzaga again , with serious intensified talks.

Yormark WANTS GONZAGA , a he still wants to pursue a totally separate deal breaking Basketball off from the football saying Basketball is undervalued , so when the present deal expires in 2031 he wants to have a totally separate deal for Basketball.

Sources saying that this would be a Major shift in College Basketball & if economic works then this is a no Brainer. , this will open a whole new window and just further dd to the upcoming existence of the Powe mega 3 conferences-- - - - -Don’t be surprised if this doesn’t happen somewhere in the not to distant future. - -Going to be the future of College sports - Stay tuned.

Just had to add this edit. - - Now also being reported by CBS Sports about all of this

• They’re going to wreck college sports with this stupid realignment.

• Gross. Say no to basketball only schools who won’t even be good at basketball for that much longer.

• Sorry dude but I think it’s done. . Sources saying Gonzaga is a business decision - -all about revenue creating even a stronger Basketball conference. financial land mine no brainer, they say.

something to the effect paperwork has been transferred already could be come within two weeks others saying might be 10 days. Sources saying Yormark is a Genius for this move Best Commish Big 12 h as ever had and has put the Big 12 in a very good solid position for the future/

• I wonder if adding Spokane gives a hint about designs on WSU and OSU?

• @mayjay said in Ok so now here we go. Don't shoot the messenger.:

I wonder if adding Spokane gives a hint about designs on WSU and OSU?

I think you could be onto something. I’ve watched other podcasts discussing the Gonzaga addition and they too think this might be the case adding them at a later date.

Look I get it, you have some people who hate the idea of adding Gonzaga - -and you have others that are 10000 % for it. There is solid argument for both sides.

I understand perfectly, not gonna say who’s right - -who’s wrong. For me I would be ok with it.- - -I was listening this morning to more and they were talking and things I never knew but some pro’s for the addition - - -Gonzaga has the fifth - - # FIVE in the TV power index - -simply put fifth best rating for viewership across the Nation. They only trail the bluest or bluebloods in this, Duke , Kentucky , North Carolina , & Kansas in viewership, and rather you like it or not this is now all about the Money. - -Gonzaga pulls in a lot that goes into that. - They draw almost double viewership in their Basketball compared to ANY Big twelve game in football. Again it’s all about the money. If they join the Big twelve they will be coming in a reduced amount - -just like SMU to the ACC , this whole reduction for acceptance is another reason the Big 12 Presidents and AD’S gave Brett the go ahead to continue talks with Gonzaga, as your going to see this kind of thing more and more. Take a look at what the ACC is now doing, look at the list of Schools they are talking too NOW to join.

Why ? - cause of their conference right on the verge of multiple ,multiple schools wanting out and think they have found that way. the ACC is looking at possibilities of adding E Carolina, - -UAB - - Tulsa - -to name just a few, but with SMU not getting any revenue, the Big 12 ha seen about adding Gonzaga which I guess Gonzaga is in favor of joining at a reduced percentage, for some years

The 2nd part of this that’s a pro for joining is STABILITY of the Big 12. - As has been mentioned Brett when this next deal comes up, he is wanting to separate the deal from Football , having a totally separate media deal for Basketball & Football. The thinking behind this nd adding Gonzaga is for more stability, because the thought is that somewhere not to far down the line is that the BIg & SEC are going to want to break away totally from the NCAA, then having their own tourney - and if they do that and try to have a tourney like the current March tourney that is like the NCAA - -the thought is as strong as the Big 12 is in Basketball how could they EVER accomplish that without adding the Big 12 to the picture ? - -Answer is you couldn’t, your going to try and have that kind of a tourney with out the powers of Arizona , - -KU , Houston , Gonzaga , Baylor - -not likely.

So Brett & the Big 12 then says OK, you want us for your tourney - -then we want Football also included. - - So with adding Gonzaga to the Big12 only strengthens our case when it comes to this.

Now some Con’s - well you have the travel expense for the Schools, especially when your traveling multiple times, & you have scheduling issues - -yet these are things that can be worked out for sure, which brings us to the part talking about OSU and WSU - - needing to be a partner to come with Gonzaga & not just Gonzaga. - Thing is with the addition of Brigham Young & even Utah they pretty well already have travel partners coming. I think if you would watch off you tube some of the podcasts, you can find a lot of answers to questions on this both pro and con - most seem to be highly in favor and think it’s a no brainer, .

The one thing I do know from all the different reports o this is, it’s not just smoke-- it’s for real to many reliable sources say this is happening. Dennis Dodd - - Seth Davis–Brett McMurphy - -ESPN - - CBS, then all your podcasts. - I do think it’s very possible that in the end they will be here. Now some where down the line does that mean OSU & WSU end up here- -who knows but very possible. - They are wanting 3 mega conferences and othe thing I know- - FOX wants Gonzaga to the big 12 - gonna get interesting. Will it be 24/25 that is what Brett would like to happen his ideal timeline - -but then more likely 25/26 we shall see

• Gonzaga has no football. Under no circumstance should they get a full slice of the pie at any date.

• @dylans that will never be on the table. It’ll always be a partial share. And still a bad idea.

• @dylans said in Ok so now here we go. Don't shoot the messenger.:

Gonzaga has no football. Under no circumstance should they get a full slice of the pie at any date.

from what I’ve read they was actually the one volunteering about less then a full share

• I’m completely against this at this time. Doesn’t gain you much in Basketball in the big picture and gains nothing in big money football. They would get railroaded and want out fast IMO. They play a JC level conference schedule most years.

• @kjayhawks said in Ok so now here we go. Don't shoot the messenger.:

I’m completely against this at this time. Doesn’t gain you much in Basketball in the big picture and gains nothing in big money football. They would get railroaded and want out fast IMO. They play a JC level conference schedule most years.

You say they play in a JC conference - -Great they don’t back down from anybody, they play tough non con year in and year out. - Why do you think they want the Big 12? - -they want stiffer comp - -Are we scared of the challenge of playing another power -5 ? - no were not. BUT your statement of saying they add nothing is WAY off base

• for you guys that don’t want to see this-v— maybe you get your wish, Matt Norlander is reporting that the votes aren’t there right now-- not to say it won’t happen just not immediate future.

Really can’t see the resistance for this but whatever, Brett trying to make this conference even more stable. Again Gonzaga has the FIFTH most TV power exposure. For those that say they play in a crap Conference- ok maybe - -maybe not , probably so. Yet I’m here to tell you Gonzaga would play anyone anywhere just like Ku. - This year non con they have Purdue- -( Mr Zach Edey ) - U Conn , the defending National NCAA champion -& Kentucky -pretty decent. - Am I a Gongaza ass kisser- umm no, but this mov has Pro’s written all over it.

Yet breath easy may not be tomorrow, - just want stability. Again they just want 3 mega conferences and this would only add to stability for the Big 12, but at the end of the day – ROCK CHALK

• @jayballer67 KU is among the no’s, I’m pretty sure. The last candidate they were enthused about was Stanford

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Ok so now here we go. Don't shoot the messenger.:

@jayballer67 KU is among the no’s, I’m pretty sure. The last candidate they were enthused about was Stanford – It’s about revenue. You mean your trying to tell me Stanford would bring more sports revenue then Gonzaga ? - I call BS

• @jayballer67 yes. They have football. Also world class academics, which Chancellor Girod REALLY cares about

• @jayballer67 look at our schedule and look at theirs. Gonzaga is the KSU of college basketball, only legends in their own minds. They are supposed to be great every year and end up out early most the time. 1 final four In program history. Sorry does nothing imo to add them, we have better teams and program in the conference already.

• @jayballer67 said in Ok so now here we go. Don't shoot the messenger.:

for you guys that don’t want to see this-v— maybe you get your wish, Matt Norlander is reporting that the votes aren’t there right now-- not to say it won’t happen just not immediate future.

Really can’t see the resistance for this but whatever, Brett trying to make this conference even more stable. Again Gonzaga has the FIFTH most TV power exposure. For those that say they play in a crap Conference- ok maybe - -maybe not , probably so. Yet I’m here to tell you Gonzaga would play anyone anywhere just like Ku. - This year non con they have Purdue- -( Mr Zach Edey ) - U Conn , the defending National NCAA champion -& Kentucky -pretty decent. - Am I a Gongaza ass kisser- umm no, but this mov has Pro’s written all over it.

Yet breath easy may not be tomorrow, - just want stability. Again they just want 3 mega conferences and this would only add to stability for the Big 12, but at the end of the day – ROCK CHALK

Stanford is always a contender for the Director’s Cup which is given to the top overall athletic department based on success in athletic competitions. Stanford is generally considered to be a top 5 academic university in the U.S. amd has an endowment of $36 billion. Gonzaga is a strong school as well rated in the top 100, but only has an endowment of about $400 million and doesn’t compete for the Director’s Cup yearly because they don’t have enough sports because they are a small, Catholic school.

Long term, Gonzaga isn’t worth the add as a basketball only school because if they screw up Mark Few’s replacement, they will be at the bottom of the Big 12 annually similar to how TCU was for awhile when they joined and UCF likely will be this year.

• With about 25,000 in attendance in Houston tonight we don’t have to worry about being the conference attendance laughingstock anymore.

• @wissox said in Ok so now here we go. Don't shoot the messenger.:

With about 25,000 in attendance in Houston tonight we don’t have to worry about being the conference attendance laughingstock anymore.

pretty sad - -It was pretty bare