2025 Recruiting

• šŸŸ„šŸŸ¦

• Is KU in a good position with AJ Dybantsa or has that ship sailed?

• @dylans said in 2025 Recruiting:

Is KU in a good position with AJ Dybantsa or has that ship sailed?

BYU still

• @BShark

Safe to assume heā€™s resetting the market

• @BeddieKU23 said in 2025 Recruiting:

@BShark

Safe to assume heā€™s resetting the market

Heā€™s a unique talent but it will have other parents/handlers delusional Iā€™m sure.

• Is Reibe a Creighton ā€œlockā€? Or is he still a possibility? I see there is a star article about him today, but rivals (I think) has him at 100% Creighton in their predictor.

• UCONN probably

• Yeah UConn is the leader according to most reports

• @dylans

UConn seems to have won that one. Staff seems like they are pivoting to Sylla

@dylans

UConn seems to have won that one. Staff seems like they are pivoting to Sylla

just seen him yesterday for the first time. Talked about ho his recruitment had started out slowly , but how that had changed, & Ku and a couple of others had gotten in early on him He is a big boy I think 6ā€™10 pretty thick looks like -might not be as developed as much as /Riebe right now but coming along - -hope things work out.

• Well read sounds like some pretty interesting /god news if it turns out to be true this Moening.- Jamie Shaw from ON Three is predicting KU will land two - - -five star recruits & possibly a third.

One we know about and have known about for some time , that one being Peterson the # 3 player on 247- -then Jamie is also predicting that KU will land /tiller - -the # 20 player on 247.

Jamie also said that KU is dangerous in the hunt for Ament , saying KU very much in the hunt for Ament. I had heard some rumors but I guess we might be in deeper with him then I thought. - -This is all FWIW but if it turns out to be right Iā€™d be a happy camper , time will tell

• Give us DP, Ament and then use all the money to load up on the best transfers

I love the way the staff is allocating funds. Itā€™s wise to take the proven D1 commodity versus take the kid from high school who may take 2-3 years to develop.

We are getting the best player (or second best) in the class plus maybe 1 more and go get the top transfer class ā€¦.its reload for Bill then

• Just listened to locked on U Conn & guess Eric Reibe is announcing Wednesday. - U Conn pretty confident, I thought he was pretty much sowed up to Creighton .

• @jayballer67

UConn all the way now. Doesnā€™t sound like KU pushed all in for him otherwise I think it would have been KU. Looking like we are going in different direction for a possible 5 man to pair with Flory.

• Donā€™t think I seen anything posted on these 3 yetā€¦

John Clark a 4 star C officially visited KU last weekend. At this point it sounds like Houston and Texas are the favorites for the Texas native but sounds like KU did turn up on him. Heā€™s from Houston so perhaps no shotā€¦

Isaiah Denis visits for Late Night. He also announces Nov 2nd. Seems like the main thing here is if KU pushes for a commitment (I certainly favor that they try and gain one from him). Seems like one to monitor post visitā€¦

SWA (Sebastian Williams-Adams) canceled his KU visit for Late Night and is now headed for an official visit to Vanderbilt. Bit confused what they are doing here with him. Certainly, sounds like they are passing now.

@jayballer67

UConn all the way now. Doesnā€™t sound like KU pushed all in for him otherwise I think it would have been KU. Looking like we are going in different direction for a possible 5 man to pair with Flory.

you Heard any names on who it might be ? ā€“ High School - - -Portal ? , think w could use a mobile big that could stretch the floor, more of a typical NBA 5 now days, A big that can play out in space instead of the typical slow white boy Hunter type that canā€™t guard the statue of Liberty -someone who can move

• Tiller šŸ‘€

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2025 Recruiting:

Tiller šŸ‘€

Imagine we go from 0 public commitments currently to DP/Tiller/Denis by early November. Who says no?

• @BShark said in 2025 Recruiting:

@FarmerJayhawk said in 2025 Recruiting:

Tiller šŸ‘€

Imagine we go from 0 public commitments currently to DP/Tiller/Denis by early November. Who says no?

those would be very solid. - -how big is Denis ?

• @BShark fall Bill is back??

• Ament in the spring

• Well might be nothing ā€” Might be something , BUT I just saw off 247 rankings that Isaiah Denis is making his commit announcement on Nov 2nd.

Isaiah is attending late night here on the 18th.-- Now I could be wrong but wouldnā€™t you think if you were him and you already knew where you were going to play and you already had your announcement made -Why would he come to a event like late night if he wasnā€™t planning on committing to KU and he has made or set his announcement date ?- - Things that make you go hmmm ā€“ Close the deal guys IF itā€™s not already sealed.

Could be a really BIG couple of days ffor us.- - Peteson on the 1st - - Denis on the 2ndā€”would be sweet.

• @jayballer67 If I were a big time recruit Iā€™d consider visiting a few of the top schools just for the free trip and behind the curtain look, even if I know where I was going. It is just gaming the system a bit. Gotta have a soft landing spot when they transfer too. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

• @dylans Kids/their circle often get paid to take visits too. Been going on for a long time. Might as well.

Last part you mention is huge as well, for both sides.

• Denis visit canceled it seems

• @BShark That doesnā€™t sound promising. But at least that signals the staff where to focus.

• Well dam. If indeed Denis has cancelled his visit then thatā€™s not good. Really makes you wonder what in the hell has Things sure have changed happened with the whole recruiting thing. Part of or one question you have to ask is with the amount of recruits that we were perceived to be in on m akes you wonder the truth like Eric Reibe- - Did we actually cool on him OR did he cool on us ?- - - -Did We cool on Sabastian Williams OR did he cool on us- - - Have w Cooled on Isaiah Denis OR has he cooled on us ? to name those most recent three - Whatā€™s the real truth ?

Another BIG thing is - ā€“ has NIL impacted recruiting that much? - -Has recruiting just turn into a bidding war on a piece of meat ? -Do recruits not consider about the Quality of the Coach anymore ? -The traditions of Schools ? So on & so on Has it gotten strictly to the point of the Dollar ? Whoever the highest bidder ? -We are really becoming the minor league for the NBA. - -This Nil - -BS is or well on the way has ruined the College sport- - -taking the fun out of it.

What happened to the days of where guys committed to a School because the name of the School - --The Coach - the tradition , just ruins it for the average fan. How can any fan really ever get investted to a kid anymore, be able to say Dam that kid is really good and get the chance to know the kid. Itā€™s just sicking.

• @jayballer67 I agree, but when one does commit (DeJuan) I find them pretty dang special.

• @jayballer67 said in 2025 Recruiting:

those would be very solid. - -how big is Denis ?

Depends how you treat itā€¦wait I need reading glasses. What did you type? šŸ˜

• Just get DP in

• @rcjhdraft said in 2025 Recruiting:

Just get DP in

šŸ˜‰