Parker Friedrichsen 2023

• We are now involved. Will decide quickly in the next 2-3 weeks.

• @BShark

Yes Please!!! Bill after a bonafide shooter. Will need to add a bunch of weight but I love his game. Didn’t realize he decommitted from ND but makes sense with their coach leaving.

• any word on who else is involved?

This would be commitment #3 to my knowledge

• @BeddieKU23 said in Parker Friedrichsen 2023:

any word on who else is involved?

This would be commitment #3 to my knowledge

Tulsa, Wake Forest. Nebraska, Creighton and Davidson were involved the first time around as well. He de-committed from ND when Bray announced he will retire.

Another UA circuit kid. Would be kinda wild if all 4 of our commitments were UA.

• Here is a link that sort of says all of this not behind the wall:

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/high-school/basketball/boys/bill-haisten-an-in-season-surprise-part-iii-of-parker-friedrichsens-process/article_89b122cc-a7f8-11ed-a1a3-ab7caa756cca.html

This one doesn’t quite fit in the #getmoreathletic category… But a flyer on a 99th ranked guy with in the gym range seems fine. A commitment pretty much would guarantee that we see mass departures.

95% confidence level they are back:

• Udeh
    • Zuby
    • KJ

Incoming Freshman:

• Johnson
    • Jackson
    • McDowell

75% confidence they are back:

• Juan
    • MJ

I expect Joe, Cuffe and Cam to be gone. Pretty sure we reduced our own scholarships to 12 for the next 3 seasons. So that gives us 8 guys on the roster as of right now and 4 schollys to give.

If we land Parker, obviously we are down to 3 remaining scholarships. What the above lacks is a proven scorer of the ball. I suspect we will go after 2 in the portal and then either McCullar or Pettiford are back. McCullar is probably the preference… Would not block any recruits or transfers for the next season.

• PG: Juan
    • SG: Elmarko
    • SF: Transfer
    • PF: Kev
    • C: KJ/Udeh/Zuby

Just thinking out loud here.

• @Kcmatt7

Can Joe leave again without a waiver?

I was thinking he’ll stick around as a veteran presence to the 3 young guards coming in. If his Texas game was the kind of performance he could give this team on a consistent basis you could use that. I also see the other side that not getting Joe playing at that level and getting what we’ve seen for 1 1/2 years probably isn’t worth it from a business perspective.

With Bobby, I think there needs to be a real discussion about his fit and future here. He hasn’t developed and can’t stay healthy & his skill set is even less than what Harris brings to the table. He’s been a walking turnover this year and doesn’t shoot the ball unless it’s a straight-line drive. Unfortunate, had such high hopes. Anyway, with Elmarko coming in I think that’s putting Bobby in a bind.

I can see where Parker develops to be a really solid player. He’s more than just a shooter but shooting is his elite skill. Needs a year in S & C but you can see what would be valuable about him down the road. He’s reportedly 6’5 as well which makes a heck of a difference from the 6’3 I’ve seen. If you have 4 spots to use I see value in using it here on him.

• Ok guys totally blind about this guy, SURPRISE - sure could use some info please . - -Is he a transfer ? - -incoming freshman ? - -Guard - -Forward What ? - -how big ? - -is he decent ? - -sure could use some insight? - -is it cool warm interest - -med or serious ?

• @BeddieKU23 I think Joe can Grad Transfer now right? It isn’t that I don’t want Joe. It is that I think he could start somewhere else and get good run. He basically was forced to stay this season, because if he transferred he would have had to sit. But I don’t believe so anymore but obviously could be wrong.

Agree with Bobby stuff.

Agree with Parker stuff for sure too. Nothing wrong with a high floor, low ceiling role player. If he works his ass off, maybe he is a 15 ppg guy as a Junior or Senior. You can’t teach shooting the ball that well at 6’5…

@Kcmatt7

Can Joe leave again without a waiver?

I was thinking he’ll stick around as a veteran presence to the 3 young guards coming in. If his Texas game was the kind of performance he could give this team on a consistent basis you could use that. I also see the other side that not getting Joe playing at that level and getting what we’ve seen for 1 1/2 years probably isn’t worth it from a business perspective.

With Bobby, I think there needs to be a real discussion about his fit and future here. He hasn’t developed and can’t stay healthy & his skill set is even less than what Harris brings to the table. He’s been a walking turnover this year and doesn’t shoot the ball unless it’s a straight-line drive. Unfortunate, had such high hopes. Anyway, with Elmarko coming in I think that’s putting Bobby in a bind.

I can see where Parker develops to be a really solid player. He’s more than just a shooter but shooting is his elite skill. Needs a year in S & C but you can see what would be valuable about him down the road. He’s reportedly 6’5 as well which makes a heck of a difference from the 6’3 I’ve seen. If you have 4 spots to use I see value in using it here on him.

Grady Dick shootable ?

• @Kcmatt7

Think your right about Joe now that I think of it, as a grad transfer it wouldn’t apply to him so he could go somewhere again. I really wish they would have fixed his shot. Thinking out loud though, if Joe & Bobby did leave Juan would be the only returning guard with experience so I’m thinking it’s and/or situation here.

Parker certainly fills a need to get more perimeter shooting. I can’t say I project him to be an immediate impact guy but guys that can shoot sometimes find their way on the court quicker. From a few other videos I watched of him I also get the sense he’ll do a bit of everything on the court, board, pass, handle the ball so he isn’t some 1 trick pony player either.

• @jayballer67

One of the top-level shooters in the class. One of those guys you don’t leave open imo

• @jayballer67

Freshman- decommit from Notre Dame due to their coach retiring.

Guard/Wing- He’s 6’5 reportedly now so that changes things a bit.

4-star prospect (currently #118). High Ceiling guy. Can really shoot the ball + I think he’s got some game.

Needs Strength & Conditioning (add good weight). Average athlete so those are the concerns.

@jayballer67

Freshman- decommit from Notre Dame due to their coach retiring.

Guard/Wing- He’s 6’5 reportedly now so that changes things a bit.

4-star prospect (currently #118). High Ceiling guy. Can really shoot the ball + I think he’s got some game.

Needs Strength & Conditioning (add good weight). Average athlete so those are the concerns.

whats our feel for him? -you think w have a shot ?

• @jayballer67

No idea but KU is involved. He just decommitted and wants to have a decision within the next 3-4 weeks. Visits Wake Forest this weekend.

• Think he’s down the list a ways. Looking for more veteran guards.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Parker Friedrichsen 2023:

Think he’s down the list a ways. Looking for more veteran guards.

I’d agree with this. Don’t think he is a guy that makes an impact right away.

• Sounds like Parker could move up the ranks after big game Friday.

Wake getting an official this upcoming weekend. Could be his last

• @BShark said in Parker Friedrichsen 2023:

https://twitter.com/247HSHoops/status/1625878554176004099

he looks a little - - a little bit like Kirk Heinrich.— - so they list KU is a team or one of the teams that have been reaching out a lot to him. - Are we more serious about this kid then we think ?

• @BShark said in Parker Friedrichsen 2023:

He resembles Rex Walters. What’s his game like?

• @dylans said in Parker Friedrichsen 2023:

@BShark said in Parker Friedrichsen 2023:

He resembles Rex Walters. What’s his game like?

ELITE shooter. Not sure beyond that.

• Yeah, really prolific shooter. Has a lot of skill actually scoring the ball inside the perimeter as well. Athletically, reminds me of a poor man’s Svi.

• Committed to Wake Forest as I expected

• @BeddieKU23 Seems like a guy who wants on the floor early, and I don’t blame him.

• @Kcmatt7

Perfect fit to get it there. I can see him putting up numbers in Forbes offense

• @Kcmatt7 said in Parker Friedrichsen 2023:

@BeddieKU23 Seems like a guy who wants on the floor early, and I don’t blame him.

Yeah in every article I saw about him it mentioned he wanted to also get this over with quickly because he didn’t want to compete with the transfer portal. He was never a guy we’d take this early with 3 FR already on board and the portal with how it is now.