Please Stop This!

• Please Stop This! The iPhone ad captured the moment during last night’s thrashing…

IMG_0453.jpg IMG_0454.jpg

College football has become a joke. I thought it was like watching an NFL team thrash a high school team last night.

I know, I know… a football post on a basketball blog. Well… as we have already learned there is only one college sport that counts. It’s the sport that decides what conference your teams compete in. It’s the sport that determines what kind of $$$ your athletic department hauls in. It’s the sport that determines a big part of how your academics get graded and funded.

Unless there are changes made, this is only going to get worse.

We are fortunate in basketball that typically only half a dozen players or so really determine the outcome in our game. This makes it harder to create such lopsided teams. Our conference quality is proof of the value of coaching over just recruiting top shelf talent.

However… is last night’s thrashing an example of what will come in the future to college basketball? If it is, does anyone think it will be the Big 12 that will be the thrashers?

I feel sorry for TCU. They had a great season and deserved a better ending. This outcome will not age well for all of those players (and for the Big 12). They can boast how they played in the biggest blowout in college bowl history.

• @drgnslayr said in Please Stop This!:

Please Stop This! The iPhone ad captured the moment during last night’s thrashing…

IMG_0453.jpg IMG_0454.jpg

College football has become a joke. I thought it was like watching an NFL team thrash a high school team last night.

I know, I know… a football post on a basketball blog. Well… as we have already learned there is only one college sport that counts. It’s the sport that decides what conference your teams compete in. It’s the sport that determines what kind of $$$ your athletic department hauls in. It’s the sport that determines a big part of how your academics get graded and funded.

Unless there are changes made, this is only going to get worse.

We are fortunate in basketball that typically only half a dozen players or so really determine the outcome in our game. This makes it harder to create such lopsided teams. Our conference quality is proof of the value of coaching over just recruiting top shelf talent.

However… is last night’s thrashing an example of what will come in the future to college basketball? If it is, does anyone think it will be the Big 12 that will be the thrashers?

I feel sorry for TCU. They had a great season and deserved a better ending. This outcome will not age well for all of those players (and for the Big 12). They can boast how they played in the biggest blowout in college bowl history.

Last night was Georgia having experience on stage and TCU shitting themselves on the stage. Dykes said at halftime that a lot of TCU’s issues early were self-inflicted like not lining up in the right spots on defense and stuff like that. I think it would’ve been a closer game had TCU shown up, but they weren’t beating Georgia last night.

• Whats the iphone ad? I can’t see, blocked.

It was a very unfortunate ending to an amazing season. Georgia was on their A-game last night and nobody would have beaten them. Its too bad TCU didn’t have their A game going to at least keep it reasonably close.

• The SEC is just on a different level. It has been and will continue to be so. It is what it is.

• @RockkChalkk It was an ad about a dead horned frog, on it’s back, apparently ready to be dissected.

• @drgnslayr While I care way more about NCAA basketball, I think the addition of more teams to the playoff will allow recruits to consider more schools to attend. If you’re Joe 5 star RB and you want to play in the playoff there’s a bout 5-7 schools you’d probably consider going to. An expanded playoff gives probably the entire top 20’s worth of teams for a recruit to say, yes, I’d much rather stay home and suit up for KU, or Pitt, or any other program outside the few that have reasonable chances of playing in the playoff.

The only reason I watched last night was I was in a restaurant and it was on in the background. When half time started and it was 38-7 there was no reason to even think about turning the game on when I got home.

• @RockkChalkk It is too bad for TCU I agree, but when a depleted injured KU takes TCU to the last minute of a game before losing I’m really not thinking TCU is CFP tournament quality. I’m really not sure how Michigan took TCU to the last minute and beat OSU who nearly/should have beat Georgia who then destroyed TCU.

• Georgia played their best game of the season, and never really let off the gas. TCU needed to play their best game of the year to have a chance. They played a bad game, and Georgia took full advantage.

But TCU deserved to be there. They won their semifinal, so the only argument is that the CFP wasn’t necessary this year since UGA beat Ohio State and TCU beat Michigan because UGA was the best team all along.

• @wissox Every game is unique though. Just look at this year’s KU basketball, almost every game comes down to the wire. Oklahoma just almost beat us at home, were up 10 with like 5 minutes left. Oklahoma lost to Sam Houston St. earlier this year. Does that mean we aren’t CBB tournament quality or don’t deserve to be highly ranked because we win close games against teams with less talent?

I like to think TCU definitely proved they deserved to be there seeing that they were the only team all year to beat Michigan who smashed Ohio State who barely lost to Georgia. 🙂