No matter what team you pull for

• The Yankees are fine…it’s the fans.

• @mayjay said in No matter what team you pull for:

@wissox The NYY bragging, and our sardonic replies do, however, help me understand how those KSt fans enjoy it so much when KU loses…

Rightttttttt. Don’t suppose you thump your chest any about KU being so god do you ? - Glad you understand how the K/ state fans feels when KU loses - -mainly because THAT just doesn’t happen very often.

It’s ok to thump that chest NY just like KU can back their cockiness if that’s what you happen to want to call it no reason to be mad feelings hurt or what ever . Do People talk a lot of trash about how good the KC Chiefs are ? - -you bet they do. Why ?- -cause the Chiefs can back it up. No reason to wet all over yourself about. - If you good - - your GOOD. - you wanna have that edge talk shade - - you got every right.

You think People of opposing teams couldn’t stand Christan Braun because of his cockiness? - his aggorance or what they thought to believe was. Christan talked a lot of shade to opposing fans - - teams - thats cool he could back it up. He had game. - Say the same thing to those people -HEY don’t get mad , it is what it is - - Christan /Chiefs ? -NY just better that’s all.

People need to worry more about things that are more serious then a ball game – spend less time feeling like sn abused under study - It’s gonna be ok. Bottom line is if a Team is good, and can back it up - -then their fans have the right - it’s not that big of deal. - All this does is point to Royals fans showing they have a inferiority complex - -come on there is no agrument to this SERIOUSLY ?

• @wissox said in No matter what team you pull for:

@jayballer67 No Envy. It’s just when one team is clearly the best in the league and their one fan in the particular community we’re all in together keeps going on and on about it, it’s really kind of tiring. And when it’s the most privileged team in the league we all see through it.

Oh there is more then ONE fan here believe that - but I can’t help you - I have ever right to go on & on whenever - -where ever that’s what’s good about sports. - - You get tired of hearing from people how good Kentucky is in Basketball ? - -you like their fans ? - -You get tired of hearing about Duke Basketball ? -You get tired of hearing ESPN talk about DUKE - - DUKE - - -DUKE -you or any other people get tired of hearing about that ? - -How about Tom Brady you ever get tired of hearing about Brady and the Patriots ? - Wait let me go ahead and answer - -well no I don’t I LIKE Tom Brady right lmao.

NY is no different then hearing about any other Team - - Player - -orginzation tha’ts all you hear about. - - Again it is what it is bottom line is NY is just better and if a fan wants to talk about accomplishments of a player or team when they are having a really good year - -then that’s their right. Happens all the time - -get over it - - it’s a game for gosh sakes you and your Royals , White Sox whoever is gonna be just fine & I’m going to continue to talk and say - -when a person is having the type of Yr Aaron Judge is having - - dam straight I’m going to talk about it and talk about it alot.

You don’t think I got tired of hearing about George Brett in his time?- -Hell ya I did - -got sick of all the syrup - -but again it is what it is just live with it

• @wissox See? This is fun!

• One other then on this then I’m stopping - -well unless of course I feel the need to respond. You are totally off base about Ny clearly being the best team in the American League.

the YANKEES that team you hate so much, & how I as you say go on & on about - -they ARE NOT - - ARE NOT clearly the best team in the American League. The Houston Astros are clearly better. Better Pitching Staff Better all around starting line up - The Astros own NY. I hate it , can’t stand the Astro’s but here is where I have to accept they are just better - - it is what it is.

Yankees have more dramatic power Stanton - -Judge - -etc but the Astro’s just much more solid - I have to live with that , wish I didn’t but I would be almost willing to bet - -if I was into betting that it will be the Astros NOT my Yankees in the World Series. - -i"ve found I still sleep fine at night and life goes on

Yankees with all that power mange a pathetic like 1.34 batting average against the Astro pitching so no NY is NOT clearly the best team - you can take comfort in that - -& I’ll STILL continue to be a Yankee fan

• Salvy!💪🏽

• Logic, If someone came on here thumping their chest about Duke or Kentucky, well that’d be worse than this. This is a Jayhawks site mainly. Of course we like to brag about the Hawks and all that, but I don’t go to Kentuckybuckets or Pukebuckets (wow, Pukebuckets!! That’s a great one!!!) and brag about KU. That’d be an affront to the one or two decent people that follow those teams.

https://www.pinstripealley.com/ That’s a great one for all things Yankees. Go there. Continue on here if you want but continue to hear us be annoyed by it too.

Logic, If someone came on here thumping their chest about Duke or Kentucky, well that’d be worse than this. This is a Jayhawks site mainly. Of course we like to brag about the Hawks and all that, but I don’t go to Kentuckybuckets or Pukebuckets (wow, Pukebuckets!! That’s a great one!!!) and brag about KU. That’d be an affront to the one or two decent people that follow those teams.

https://www.pinstripealley.com/ That’s a great one for all things Yankees. Go there. Continue on here if you want but continue to hear us be annoyed by it too.

No I’ll just continue to stay here as most my posts are strictly KU. - -BUT seeing as how this Header states- -KC Baseball ? Other MLB - see that opens it up for any fan of any team being able to post what they want to post , when they want to post , and as much as they wanna post about their team that like in that particular sport.

I know I need to get my eyes checked but I don’t see anywhere that it says KC Royals talk only. So I’ll probably just leave things they way they are - -annoy away I’ll still be able to sleep just fine

• @jayballer67 no one says you can’t post. Next time maybe ask if anyones seen the Yankees. Ask what people think about them. Might get some discussion going. I’ve done the same with Wisconsin. A few times I’ve made it known I enjoy them as well. Most people ignore me because they could care less. Some discuss them a bit, quite a few jumped on the bandwagon and cheered mightily that we’d knock off Duke in 2015. A couple of people have made remarks and I back off knowing this is a KU hoops site. There’s ways to discuss these topics without them becoming a controversy.

@jayballer67 no one says you can’t post. Next time maybe ask if anyones seen the Yankees. Ask what people think about them. Might get some discussion going. Nice done the same with Wisconsin. A few times I’ve made it known I enjoy them as well. Most people ignore me because they could care less. Some discuss them a bit, quite a few jumped on the bandwagon and cheered mightily that we’d knock off Duke in 2015. A couple of people have made remarks and I back off knowing this is a KU hoops site. There’s ways to discuss these topics without them becoming a controversy.

exactly

• @jayballer67 Actually, the only thing that bothers me is when you complain here about what the Royals broadcasters say about the NYY. I have not even heard a Royals broadcaster since Buddy Blattner gave way to Fred White!

• @Crimsonorblue22 HaHa! I just saw why you wrote Salvy! Awesome hit.

• I suggest the topic be just Royals! Make another that’s just MLB.

• Royals ruined my evening tonight in Chicago but it was a great game nonetheless.

• Well Padres won the Soto trade - - Josh Bell also to the Padres- - – think there are 5 minor . - - leaguers involved in trade Nationals get these 5 minor leaguers and Pitcher Gore to the Nationals

• Might be a little snag in this Soto trade but we know it will get worked out. Eric Hosmer has yet to waive his no trade clause for this trade to happen.

Being reported Hosmer not happy about being traded to the Nationals , so it might take giving Hosmer an additional year on his contract , maybe more money being added to his contract before he signs

• If I’m Hosmer I’m making the teams work the deal out without me. No way I’m leaving lovely San Diego and a loaded team for DC (which I love, but it’s no SD) and a from the foundation rebuild.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in No matter what team you pull for:

If I’m Hosmer I’m making the teams work the deal out without me. No way I’m leaving lovely San Diego and a loaded team for DC (which I love, but it’s no SD) and a from the foundation rebuild.

pretty much how it turned out. Hosmer said no really doesn’t matter they said. Soto still a Padre. San Diego giving up theit top international prospect 18 yr old kid throws a 102 mph slide - - 102 mph fast ball. - -Talking about trading Hosmer to the Cubs for their catcher now

• Did anyone see Salvy’s homer last night? As Hawk would say, “Mercy”.

• @jayballer67 said in No matter what team you pull for:

@FarmerJayhawk said in No matter what team you pull for:

If I’m Hosmer I’m making the teams work the deal out without me. No way I’m leaving lovely San Diego and a loaded team for DC (which I love, but it’s no SD) and a from the foundation rebuild.

pretty much how it turned out. Hosmer said no really doesn’t matter they said. Soto still a Padre. San Diego giving up theit top international prospect 18 yr old kid throws a 102 mph slide - - 102 mph fast ball. - -Talking about trading Hosmer to the Cubs for their catcher now

Jokes! He’s headed to Boston. No idea what the Red Sox are doing but happy to see them suck

• @FarmerJayhawk said in No matter what team you pull for:

@jayballer67 said in No matter what team you pull for:

@FarmerJayhawk said in No matter what team you pull for:

Jokes! He’s headed to Boston. No idea what the Red Sox are doing but happy to see them suck

ya saw that , crazy - - lol

• Whit merrifield gone, Toronto

• @Crimsonorblue22 Hadn’t heard, saw him play last night, wondered why he wasn’t playing tonight.

• Toronto must have been very impressed by Whit’s medical research.

• Yankees 4 games below .500 since the beginning of July.

• @mayjay he’s been vaxxed.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Yes, he has. Guess his decision to “protect his health” by not getting vaxxed suddenly became less important once going to a contender was possible.

I have loved this guy since he played for SC and won the CWS. But the disrespect for his KC teammates is just sad.

• @mayjay I saw him play in Baton Rouge a few times!

Yankees 4 games below .500 since the beginning of July.

struggling in every phase of the game. Of Course hard to keep up the pace they had - -got some pitchers hurt but big thing is they are just not hitting . Of course just about every club goes through a stretch in a 162 game season , they got to get this straightened out

• I wish I had been watching the Royals game tonight. Pratto with a walkoff hr. The rooks are fun! Saw a replay!

• I actually like Royals lineup, several rookies playing and contributing, hopeful for the future.

• KC rookies are playing with hunger and energy, great to see.

• @AsadZ The young’uns sure looked impressive Wednesday night. Glad they got to do it on a national TV platform. With no pressure on them, I can see the Royals doing some damage to a few teams’ playoff hopes.

Also good to see them knock the well-traveled Mr. Cueto out of the game.

Speaking of well-traveled ex-Royals, Carlos Santana hit a two-run homer to beat the Yanks Wednesday. (Benintendi struck out in his only at bat.)

• @nwhawkfan they remind me of the young guys, hoz, lo Cain, moose, Gordo, and esky.

• The energy amongst KC rookies is infectious.

• Fun game today!

• @Crimsonorblue22 White Sox are toast. Losing 3 of 4 without Tim Anderson playing proves it.

• @wissox these young kids have added so much energy to the game! They are having fun!

• Now that I think about it, unvaxed KC players not playing in Toronto was a blessing in disguise for Royals.

It forced Management’s hand to bring several rookies and provided confidence to players that they can play at this level.

• @Crimsonorblue22 As long as we’re talking about “young kids,” apparently I missed the news about the off-season retirement of the once highly touted local phenom Bubba Starling, who just celebrated his “milestone” 30th birthday.

As someone who just celebrated a milestone birthday myself (more like a millstone in my case), I’d wondered whether the Royals had just given up on him and let him languish in Omaha. What ended his career? Injuries? Weak hitting/fielding? All of the above?

• Dodgers at Royals will be a great measure of how the Royals are playing. Dodgers are over .700.

• @nwhawkfan Wikipedia doesn’t indicate any injuries directly causing the end (did have a number of them, though). Only played in 91 games across 2 seasons, batting .204 with 17 RBIs. Last appeared in Sept 2020. Looks like he just couldn’t hit MLB pitching. Got to keep that $7.5 mil, however!

• @nwhawkfan just was done. Wondered if he wished he had chosen Nebraska fb. Kid was an stud athlete.

• @Gorilla72 They held up until 7th but bullpen could not hold the fort. Lynch was solid, got out of several jams.

• Royals shut down mighty Dodgers.

Singer has been a different pitcher since returning from Minors, his stuff is electric and needs to keep pitching with confidence and in attack mode.

• Be nice if the Royals could beat the Twins right now!

• AL Wild card race is a real dogfight, and looks to stay that way up to the end of the season. Seven teams fighting for three spots. Lots of scoreboard watching going on.

• @nwhawkfan AL Central could be a 3 way tie after tonight. Guardians losing again to Detroit. Sox losing, but just by 1 after 4.

• Yankees 11-22 since July 9, 3rd worst in baseball in that time.