2021-2022 Kansas Basketball Schedule

• The official non conference schedule has yet to be announced, but more than half of the schedule is already known including most of the high profile games. KU plays 13 non conference games per season and we know 3 match ups for sure, plus the Orlando games, and the SEC/Big 12 Challenge, and likely an 8th game if a high profile series that was supposed to start last season carries over to this year.

The 3 opponents we know for sure at this time are Michigan St., Missouri, and St. John’s. KU also has the tournament in Orlando over Thanksgiving which is 3 more games. KU will most likely play North Texas or Iona in the 1st round with the hope being a KU/Alabama championship game.

That’s the 6 known games for sure. The 7th is likely to be a rematch of the disastrous NCAA tournament loss to USC since those schools were supposed play a home and home beginning last season.

The SEC/Big 12 Challenge games have yet to be announced, but my guess there is either Kentucky or Auburn makes the trip to Lawrence in late January.

That leaves 5 games to fill if the USC series does begin this upcoming season and 6 if it doesn’t. KU also had a home and home scheduled with Colorado that was supposed to begin last season with KU making the trip out to Boulder last season in road game before Christmas match up so that’s a potential 9th game to keep an eye on whenever KU announces the non conference schedule which is usually sometime in summer.

@FarmerJayhawk, you know anything else about the non conference schedule next season?

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in 2021-2022 Kansas Basketball Schedule:

The official non conference schedule has yet to be announced, but more than half of the schedule is already known including most of the high profile games. KU plays 13 non conference games per season and we know 3 match ups for sure, plus the Orlando games, and the SEC/Big 12 Challenge, and likely an 8th game if a high profile series that was supposed to start last season carries over to this year.

The 3 opponents we know for sure at this time are Michigan St., Missouri, and St. John’s. KU also has the tournament in Orlando over Thanksgiving which is 3 more games. KU will most likely play North Texas or Iona in the 1st round with the hope being a KU/Alabama championship game.

That’s the 6 known games for sure. The 7th is likely to be a rematch of the disastrous NCAA tournament loss to USC since those schools were supposed play a home and home beginning last season.

The SEC/Big 12 Challenge games have yet to be announced, but my guess there is either Kentucky or Auburn makes the trip to Lawrence in late January.

That leaves 5 games to fill if the USC series does begin this upcoming season and 6 if it doesn’t. KU also had a home and home scheduled with Colorado that was supposed to begin last season with KU making the trip out to Boulder last season in road game before Christmas match up so that’s a potential 9th game to keep an eye on whenever KU announces the non conference schedule which is usually sometime in summer.

@FarmerJayhawk, you know anything else about the non conference schedule next season?

I think we have a home & home with Gonzaga starting this year - - -MIGHT be next but do know we have a Home and home with them

• @jayballer67 Gonzaga series starts next season.

@jayballer67 Gonzaga series starts next season.

ok wasn’t 100 % for sure thanks

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I believe mostly buy games, but haven’t heard anything finalized.

• December 29th. Hahvahd

• The official non-conference schedule has now been released, the only game not announced is the Big 12/SEC Challenge game which I’m guessing is either Kentucky or Florida in Lawrence.

Nov. 3- Emporia St. (Exhibition)

Nov. 9- Michigan St. (Champions Classic, New York)

Nov. 12- Tarleton St. (Allen Fieldhouse)

Nov. 18- Stony Brook (Allen Fieldhouse)

Nov. 25-28- ESPN Events Invitational (Orlando)

Dec. 2- @St. John’s (UBS Arena)

Dec. 7- UTEP (Kansas City- T-Mobile Center)

Dec. 11- Missouri (Allen Fieldhouse)

Dec. 18- Stephen F. Austin (Allen Fieldhouse)

Dec. 21- @Colorado (Coors Events Center)

Dec. 29- Harvard (Allen Fieldhouse)

• @FarmerJayhawk Do you know if KU is planning on full capacity for basketball games this upcoming season or will it still be reduced capacity?

If it’s full capacity, I’m making every effort to fly up for the Missouri game for my birthday weekend.

@FarmerJayhawk Do you know if KU is planning on full capacity for basketball games this upcoming season or will it still be reduced capacity?

If it’s full capacity, I’m making every effort to fly up for the Missouri game for my birthday weekend.

I hope it is. We can’t curl up into a ball and hide anymore. I think that places need to have people show vaccination cards, that way we can all get on with our lives.

@FarmerJayhawk Do you know if KU is planning on full capacity for basketball games this upcoming season or will it still be reduced capacity?

That’s definitely the plan. Whether Douglas Co lets them is TBD.