Bears v. Dogs

• Excuses are a dime a dozen. - - Almost half way through the 2nd half and Baylor plus 4

• TIMME - - TIMME - - TIMME - - -hello – TIMME ? - -KISPERT - - -KISPERT - - KISPERT – KISPERT - - HELLO ?

• @jayballer67 said in Bears v. Dogs:

@FarmerJayhawk said in Bears v. Dogs:

Man. The Zags look spent.

Well will be an easy excuse for them anyways. - -Bottom line is they are just flat getting spanked

Not an excuse. Just an observation. Chill my man!

• I said from the very beginning Baylor. - -let me hear ya now Gonzaga , all kinds of reasons why they whup Baylor - -roflmao. - -Baylor SCOOLED - -ya hear me - -Schooled these Bitches - -you can’t make any excuse - -not buying it - -they just got spanked Gonzaga. - - out quicked - again Baylor guards just schooled these bitch’s - -I warned ya - - -BAYLOR - - BAYLOR - -

• Wow, looks like I picked a winner!

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Bears v. Dogs:

@jayballer67 said in Bears v. Dogs:

@FarmerJayhawk said in Bears v. Dogs:

Man. The Zags look spent.

Well will be an easy excuse for them anyways. - -Bottom line is they are just flat getting spanked

Not an excuse. Just an observation. Chill my man!

Hey I’m great MY MAN. - -jus treally tired making excuses for Gonzaga. These bitch’s have now seen what it’s like to play a P-5 . When I saw how UCLA played them I knew oh ya Baylor can beat these Bitch’s ass - just didn’t think this easy,

Dude why people suckGonzaga ass so bad ? - -they got punked tonight

• @Kubie said in Bears v. Dogs:

Wow, looks like I picked a winner!

me too buddy

• people thinking Gonzaga so invinceable – ummm – NO - - -BIG !@ Congrats

• TOTAL DOMINATION FROM TIP TO TIP[

• Baylor: first current, non-KU Big 12 team since 1946 Okie Lite to win a men’s hoops title.

• Well, congrats to Baylor. They deserved it. Stifling defense and domination on the boards.

As for Gonzaga, they’ll just reload.

• Gonzaga fans can make NO excuses - -TOTAL DOMINATION from wire to wire .Couldn’t happen to a better team. Gonzaga plays in a weak , weak Conference - and so much for that perfect Season. - -Itold ya – I told ya - -Baylor - - BIG 12 - GREAT JOB Bears

• Baylor kicked G in the nards from opening tip

The Only team the bears lost to this year … I forgot…

• Game ball should go to vital

• That was a wire-to-wire ass-kicking of an undefeated team by Baylor. Congrats to them.

Two things: Baylor might have gone undefeated this season if not for Covid. Gonzaga doesn’t go undefeated playing in the B12 or probably any power conference.

• @Bosthawk said in Bears v. Dogs:

Baylor kicked G in the nards from opening tip

The Only team the bears lost to this year … I forgot…

Okie Lite? 😉

• ooops - -no – perfect Season for those boys - - oh well lol

• @FarmerJayhawk

I do remember Marcus shut down Butler senior night …

• @Bosthawk said in Bears v. Dogs:

@FarmerJayhawk

I do remember Marcus shut down Butler senior night …

It was glorious!

• With all the transfers, NIL, covid, and no fans this year, I almost gave up on college basketball…but now just like every year, I watch one shining moment, get pissed cause another season is over and now I’m all in again. I can’t wait till October to see the boys in blue suit up for “midnight” madness. I’ll convince myself that no matter the rankings, KU is the best team in the conference and probably the nation…at worst 3rd in the nation. I’ll endure the early losses with hopeful bliss that we just need to get past the Christmas break and HCBS will have this team turned around. We’ll go undefeated from mid Jan to March. Lose in the 2nd round of the big 12 tournament. Then I’ll fill out a bracket with KU on the winning line with a final score of 72 to 65 and hope for a 2021 Houston draw where we don’t play anybody till the final four.

Jesus…I miss college basketball already and it’s only been about 37 minutes.

• Was texting one of my best friends who is wicked smart about hoops this exact thing. This is the optimal way to build a college basketball team. https://twitter.com/billjamesonline/status/1379290794683686913?s=21

I’m not friends with Bill James but I would really like to be lmao

• Congrats to Baylor. Bout all I got

• I have to say, Gonzaga probably never wins a championship at this point. They’ve had some great teams over the years but hard to imagine them every having a roster that good again.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Bears v. Dogs:

Was texting one of my best friends who is wicked smart about hoops this exact thing. This is the optimal way to build a college basketball team. https://twitter.com/billjamesonline/status/1379290794683686913?s=21

I’m not friends with Bill James but I would really like to be lmao

The best way to build a college basketball team is always three ballhandlers, two shooters, one post scorer and three athletic interior guys.

Three ballhandlers gives you three guys that can create shots for themselves or others at any time.

Two shooters allows you to space the floor around your ballhandlers for spot up looks to punish a collapsing defense.

One post up guy gives you an interior player that you can run plays for out of timeouts, or when you need to slow things down.

Three athletic bigs eliminate the risk of foul trouble because those guys are interchangeable and can always defend and rebound, regardless of which combination is on the floor.

As Baylor demonstrated, you can get away with not having the post up big if you have enough creators on the perimeter. Baylor actually had four this year (Mitchell, Butler, Teague and Flagler). That made a huge difference with being able to always draw the defense for a lob to a lurking big man inside.

But more than that, the most important thing is to have at least three NBA caliber players on the roster. Mitchell and Butler are sure things, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see one of those big guys make it as well. I could see Flagler or Teague also get a shot in the NBA.

The biggest takeaway from last night, though, is that Gonzaga still needs more NBA caliber talent to win a national title. Timme looked overwhelmed at times. Only Kispert and Suggs didn’t seem rattled at any point. Ayayi was a nonfactor. Nembhard disappeared. They got very little from their bench.

I thought the Zags had three or four NBA caliber guys. Turns out they may have only had two. And that’s why they lost.

• @justanotherfan Besides, with those 9 guys as your foundation, you will have the other team completely outnumbered!