Finishing out the season

• With a win on Saturday, KU has a bit opportunity to finish the season hot and secure a much better tournament seed than they would today.

Finishing up the season home vs. #7 TTU, at #13 Texas and home again for the Baylor rematch.

Find a way to win those three and we can probably push from a 5/6 seed all the way to a well-deserved 3 seed. Can we do it? Absolutely. Will we do it? Highly unlikely.

One thing is clear, Bill seems to have righted the ship. And with Bryce being back, the 7-man rotation is pretty solid. I’m not expecting a Final Four run or anything, but this bunch has the ability to get hot and make a little bit of noise at least.

• Agree. They can finish really strong. The last three games, effort is there, guys are playing together and some shots are finally going down.

Bryce is huge to this team and allows Self to tighten the rotation down. I think he saw enough good last night to continue that. I can’t mention how key Bryce is to this team going forward. It was awesome getting to see him making plays.

Going to be interesting to see how things go in the next few weeks. So many postponed games that could be rescheduled especially with Baylor and Texas. West Virginia/Baylor sit 1-2 and haven’t played each other yet. Could be a wild finish to conference play. KU has played 2 more conference games then everyone else. Baylor technically has 9 conference games remaining

KU needs to take care of business Saturday and Wednesday and then its a 3 game series with good teams. I would be ecstatic if KU could win 2 of them

• I will say this now. If this ends up happening which sounds likely it will be complete BS

Baylor only has three games left on its regular season schedule and even though some of these postponed games will be rescheduled, it isn’t likely that Baylor will get a full 18-game Big 12 schedule played.

“Mathematically, where we are right now, I don’t think we’ll end up playing all 18 conference games,” Rhoades said, according to CBS Sports. “I don’t think that’s feasible.”

• Last night’s game was refreshing, but it was only one game. When the 3 ball is falling everything is right with the world. I hope the 3s continue to fall the rest of the way.

• Bryce’s speed at getting the ball up the court was outstanding. It causes numerous good things to happen.

• Iowa St looked like a team that had kind of given up. Hard to take a lot away from playing a team like that. I know some Iowa St fans that are hoping they go winless in conference so Prohm gets fired. I Can’t say I blame them.

That being said, we were a 15-point favorite and we won by 33. So good job there. Just need to keep developing players (emphasis on Thompson, Braun, Jalen, and I wish Enaruna would play more) and hopefully start putting together some win streaks.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich me too, but didn’t sound like it. His body language didn’t look good!

• @BeddieKU23 said in Finishing out the season:

Agree. They can finish really strong. The last three games, effort is there, guys are playing together and some shots are finally going down.

Bryce is huge to this team and allows Self to tighten the rotation down. I think he saw enough good last night to continue that. I can’t mention how key Bryce is to this team going forward. It was awesome getting to see him making plays.

Going to be interesting to see how things go in the next few weeks. So many postponed games that could be rescheduled especially with Baylor and Texas. West Virginia/Baylor sit 1-2 and haven’t played each other yet. Could be a wild finish to conference play. KU has played 2 more conference games then everyone else. Baylor technically has 9 conference games remaining

KU needs to take care of business Saturday and Wednesday and then its a 3 game series with good teams. I would be ecstatic if KU could win 2 of them

I was really impressed for 1 st game back actually. Brought energy there was a time or two he got over sped but I’m telling ya he made some shots and just overall presence was nice big piece for any future we might have

• @KirkIsMyHinrich said in Finishing out the season:

Iowa St looked like a team that had kind of given up. Hard to take a lot away from playing a team like that. I know some Iowa St fans that are hoping they go winless in conference so Prohm gets fired. I Can’t say I blame them.

That being said, we were a 15-point favorite and we won by 33. So good job there. Just need to keep developing players (emphasis on Thompson, Braun, Jalen, and I wish Enaruna would play more) and hopefully start putting together some win streaks.

I still think it will be a LITTLE more competitive game in Ames tomorrow - not saying how much but I think they will have some added fight, not wanting a repeat and actually they had played fairly well against others before last night recently. I do think in our game they kind of gave up not much there, just got this feel might be a little different