You are not guarding

• Baylors guards are just better, way better. Believe it when I see it

• Sort of goes to show that he likes Garrett too much too.

And this “he only scored one bucket on Garrett” well sure but we switch everything so it doesn’t matter. The other team can force Garrett off of their best player.

Unless you have 4 studs on defense you shouldn’t be switching everything.

• @Kcmatt7 said in You are not guarding:

Sort of goes to show that he likes Garrett too much too.

And this “he only scored one bucket on Garrett” well sure but we switch everything so it doesn’t matter. The other team can force Garrett off of their best player.

Unless you have 4 studs on defense you shouldn’t be switching everything.

I am sure the hell not blaming Garrett on defense. You don’t win NATIONAL defensive player of the year by NOT playing defense

• I get some of what Self is preaching here. The defense did more earlier in the year but when teams get film and use it, its easier to gameplan how to beat KU on that end.

The last few games though this team has just given points away by fast break or bad turnovers/shots that end up leaving the defense in scramble mode.

I still think the biggest issue is the offense. Scoring consistently makes a lot of other issues go away. We’ve seen individuals play better defense when they are playing well on offense. Just my two cents

• I read this from TOS pretty well sums having Garrett on the floor and usage. Pretty well says it all nothing much needs to be said very solid post

Nothing wrong with Garrett , " The difference in this year and last year isn’t Garrett. It’s what’s AROUND HIM. Garrett was good enough to start and play a meaningful role on the team that was # 1 in America last year. - -here is a news flash - these players are not close to being a # 1 team in the Nation , makes a big difference.

Another poster says as the thread I was reading about players eligible to return next year , poster said Garrett was thrown into a no win situation , he is not a true PG - - never claimed to be , he had a true PG to play with last year - - like some there said how could you EVER say you wouldn’t want a NATIONAL defensive player of the year not to come back if the scenario was presented. - -I’d take him in a heartbeat. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BeddieKU23 said in You are not guarding:

I get some of what Self is preaching here. The defense did more earlier in the year but when teams get film and use it, its easier to gameplan how to beat KU on that end.

The last few games though this team has just given points away by fast break or bad turnovers/shots that end up leaving the defense in scramble mode.

I still think the biggest issue is the offense. Scoring consistently makes a lot of other issues go away. We’ve seen individuals play better defense when they are playing well on offense. Just my two cents

YA I think what you say makes a lot of sense. Also I’ve said to this year that we just do not have that go to guy in crunch time. - - When we just MUST score we don’t have that guy. That guy that has the mentality give me that dam ball and get out the way - - I got this , a guy that is more then willing to accept that challenge.

We really don’t have a group that can do that. What we do have is a group of guys that are very inconsistent in shooting the ball. Hot one game , cold as Ice some others and vanish when you need somebody - -anybody to step up Big Difference

• @BeddieKU23 two things:

1. when Garrett is running point he is constantly driving and nobody is back to stop the break when he gets stuffed and even if we do it is 5 on 4 because Garrett is on the floor.

2. And Harris doesn’t drive the ball head down like a dummy so when he’s in we have someone back to stop the ball.

Sure the defense needs to be better but I didn’t think that was the reason we got smacked that first half at OSU. It was because we don’t run a college level offense

• The weave sucks, especially with Harrett running it.

And Bill is in love with it.

• Self said on Hawk Talk referring to transition D, that on their rebound when we take 1 step towards ball, we are beat. I’ve seen that numerous times with Braun and Wilson.

• If we make more shots there is a lot less transition defense to worry about. Poor shooting is the culprit

• This is not our typical game role… but in order to win this game, we are going to have to go to Waco and steal this game.