Toronto Blue Jays discussion.

• @approxinfinity said in Toronto Blue Jays discussion.:

Thompson looked good until he lost his poise. Really enjoy his foul line pull up. Pretty money.

Yeah he has been flashing why he will be good a few times this year. We could see a really big leap next year.

• Dave had 13 points & 7 rebounds. Pretty decent night all in all ya 3 TO’s but if you want to be honest we should be happy with that - - we shouldn’t need much more then that on an average night, point wise no reason we need more then tht with the other scorers we have on this team - -if we can get that kind of production out of him on a regular basis - - - I’m fine. - -If we would of gotten diddly squat out of Oachi wouldn’t of had to worry about it - -when you have him flat line then people magnify other players play. - -I mean come on ya maybe if you want to get really picky he could of gotten 2-3 more rebounds.

Yet if you look at it and see what he contributed tonight comparing it to what he has been getting and getting this kind of contribution against a really good quality opponent like this - -unless your just a chronic complainer you need to realize this is progress from him - -he is going to be fine

• Our offense is the same as last year: play through the center. But, our personnel is way different. Anyone else surprised by how much of our offense is run through Dave?

• @stoptheflop I’m very interested to see the offense after the Christmas break. Bill seems to be trying to figure things out still.

• Bill on Jalen “terrific, just unbelievable”

• Gotta say both fans did a great job of wearing their masks. My son says Lawrence is really good at doing that.

• alt text

SHOOT

MORE

THREES

• Somebody help me out. - -Wasn’t we originally suppose to play Tennessee this season ?

• I miss the energy Dok brought to the team; the way Dok sprinted down the court and even got out on the breaks. Dave has very little energy and is slow getting back down court on defense. But, Dave did a few things on offense that worked. Maybe he’ll get better.

• @jayballer67 said in Toronto Blue Jays discussion.:

Somebody help me out. - -Wasn’t we originally suppose to play Tennessee this season ?

B12/SEC Challenge against Tenn. is on Jan. 30.

• @jayballer67

Yeah its in January

• @jayballer67 said in Toronto Blue Jays discussion.:

Dave had 13 points & 7 rebounds. Pretty decent night all in all ya 3 TO’s but if you want to be honest we should be happy with that - - we shouldn’t need much more then that on an average night, point wise no reason we need more then tht with the other scorers we have on this team - -if we can get that kind of production out of him on a regular basis - - - I’m fine. - -If we would of gotten diddly squat out of Oachi wouldn’t of had to worry about it - -when you have him flat line then people magnify other players play. - -I mean come on ya maybe if you want to get really picky he could of gotten 2-3 more rebounds.

Yet if you look at it and see what he contributed tonight comparing it to what he has been getting and getting this kind of contribution against a really good quality opponent like this - -unless your just a chronic complainer you need to realize this is progress from him - -he is going to be fine

I would like to be glass half full on this, but…It was a tale of two halves. Dave had a solid first half, but not so much in the second. 0-5 in the second half, a couple of turnovers, 1-2 from the line, and 3-4 rebounds. But, to his credit, he wasn’t a black hole at the end and kicked it out to Jalen for what turned out to be the game winner…

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Toronto Blue Jays discussion.:

@jayballer67 said in Toronto Blue Jays discussion.:

Somebody help me out. - -Wasn’t we originally suppose to play Tennessee this season ?

B12/SEC Challenge against Tenn. is on Jan. 30.

ya thanks I seen that on another site after I posed this. - that’s gonna be a tough one

• @jayballer67 I agree its progress and I hope it continues. However, Im a Harris fan and I’d like to see he, TGF and Enaruna continue to get meaningful minutes because they are also important. My frustration with poor play from Dave is in large part because I know we have a lot of other talent that gets it on the bench when he’s in.

• @approxinfinity There are reasons Harris didn’t get as much time tonight. Creighton is well coached (unlike say, Kentucky) and when we had him out there Creighton was rightfully ignoring him on offense. Once he shot that three, it confirmed what they already knew.

Dave’s second half was really bad.

Tristan’s main issue seems to be a complete lack of aggression.

I am not sure on Tyon’s lack of minutes tonight but it was nice to see more good things from Bryce.

• Looked like bad Tyon to me. Half a step slow on D, missed some easy looks, missed some passes. He’ll have some like that. But wow, once the light comes on it’ll be hard to keep him off the floor.

• @BShark

Doghoused after that missed layup that he could have passed to Tristan

• PER’s after the big win

729f449a-6721-472c-ad3c-f543f4e5969b-image.png

• KU averaged 0.64 ppp with Harris on the floor last night, 1.1 when he was off. He just won’t be playable in every game until he can shoot. Or you have to play him when Garrett isn’t on the floor.

• @wissox brother - I am sorry, I let you down. It was weird - I got into the game and forgot all about chatting.

• @stoptheflop said in Toronto Blue Jays discussion.:

I miss the energy Dok brought to the team; the way Dok sprinted down the court and even got out on the breaks. Dave has very little energy and is slow getting back down court on defense. But, Dave did a few things on offense that worked. Maybe he’ll get better.

I would disagree with some of this. I don’t think Dave has little energy, I think it’s more he doesn’t utilize his energy efficiently. I’m not sure I’ve seen much of him NOT TRYING. He isn’t very fast and even less “quick” but that doesn’t mean he isn’t giving full effort. I think he is earnestly trying to do what everyone wants him to do. Self wants him to be a presence in the paint. He’s trying to do that. He LOOKS aggressive when he is playing but still seems to get bullied away from the basket by smaller guys.

I’m really hoping all the praise for the late game kick out will be a light bulb for him. If he can focus on making plays like that he can definitely benefit this team.

• @nuleafjhawk Man, you should have seen it. Without anyone in charge it was like Lord of the Flies.

• @BShark

Stronger competition has brought him back down to life. Just needs time in the lab to get comfortable.

Agree his shot is a concern that needs to be addressed. He’s Marcus 2.0 as a shooter.

Having Dajuan, Marcus & Dave on the floor at the same time is poor recognition of strengths and weaknesses. No defense is going to respect that lineup.

• @BeddieKU23 said in Toronto Blue Jays discussion.:

@BShark

Stronger competition has brought him back down to life. Just needs time in the lab to get comfortable.

Agree his shot is a concern that needs to be addressed. He’s Marcus 2.0 as a shooter.

Having Dajuan, Marcus & Dave on the floor at the same time is poor recognition of strengths and weaknesses. No defense is going to respect that lineup.

Yeah, he needs a real offseason for them to retool his shot. Once Marcus is gone it’s fine to start him at the PG barring a great late addition.