GAME DAY

• Catch

• sosinski has hands. Need to throw to him more often

• Will have Harris back next week or whenever we play. The guy that got caught with weed

• Too many guys open on that dud throw

• Love the flags!

• Got the flag woo hoo!

• @DanR said in GAME DAY:

Too many guys open on that dud throw

Got hit on release

• Damn good receivers

• Hey D , turn around

• 🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾

• Passing game getting better, should open up for pooka

• Damn it I’m probably going to keep watching these guys

• @DanR I never give up. It’s not for lack of effort. Harris will help the D.

• Hey announcer, miles make a bad call on that?

• Well shit!

• Roll the tape

• @DanR guess we can’t?

• What the hell

• Boo. What the heck were they looking at? Totally bogus. Sun belt refs.

• Announcers are speechless

• Me too!

• Shouldn’t have been losing to pull off a perfect onside kick

• That’s my cousin in yellow shirt on sideline

• Dutch town high is Baton Rouge, not New Orleans!

• @Crimsonorblue22 Text your cousin to get the ref who blew that call!

• Good night, er, good morning, whatever, what a waste of time except chatting Jayhawks is never a waste of time.

• Should have been 35-30 if the refs hadn’t blown that onside kick. Still sucked first half though…

• We off next week?

• Yes

• Freestate kids know how to tackle (Dineen)

• Run it back

• Boo

• I fell asleep after we went down 14-0.

Looks like Kendrick will start going forward? How’d he look?

I think we all knew the D was going to be terrible this year.

I think our Offense gets going by the end of the year. I winder how much work we lost this off-season. I can’t believe we played two QBs. I hate that. Just pick a guy and if he sucks for five games at least you can put the backup in and maybe get a spark.

• Ok so my eyeballs weren’t deceiving me despite my consistent imbibing of some of my favorite beverages. MacVittie had a better PFF grade than Kendrick, and it wasn’t close. The gap came almost entirely from MacVittie’s ability to run the football, which is better than Kendrick’s. If it were me, I’d roll with Tommy Mac and see what we have, because I really don’t know yet. I think we’re pretty sure on Kendrick. The arm just isn’t good enough. No zip and ball placement isn’t very good. Faster defenses will eat him alive.

• Man, gonna be a long football season in Lawrence, Manhattan and Ames. I confess to having a soft spot for OU when it comes to football, Rattler is the real deal, and the D is stepping up too in Grinch’s 2nd season.

• It’s that dumb ass BLM Unity patch slowing them down. Play football, not politics.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in GAME DAY:

Ok so my eyeballs weren’t deceiving me despite my consistent imbibing of some of my favorite beverages. MacVittie had a better PFF grade than Kendrick, and it wasn’t close. The gap came almost entirely from MacVittie’s ability to run the football, which is better than Kendrick’s. If it were me, I’d roll with Tommy Mac and see what we have, because I really don’t know yet. I think we’re pretty sure on Kendrick. The arm just isn’t good enough. No zip and ball placement isn’t very good. Faster defenses will eat him alive.

Dam dude I’m so sorry for you - - - MacVittie hopefully neve see the field again this season - he is JUST NOT P-5 – plain and simple just ugly.

You don’t like Kendrcik – Great but Macvittie IS SURE THE HELL is not the answer. - going to be a long Season no matter, Roll Daniels - -not gonna lose any eligibility anyways this year- - sure the hell can’t be any worse. Chances are he is going to be our QB in upcoming seasons let him work his way through - -BUT NOT Macvittie

• @jayhawkblue73 said in GAME DAY:

@FarmerJayhawk said in GAME DAY:

Ok so my eyeballs weren’t deceiving me despite my consistent imbibing of some of my favorite beverages. MacVittie had a better PFF grade than Kendrick, and it wasn’t close. The gap came almost entirely from MacVittie’s ability to run the football, which is better than Kendrick’s. If it were me, I’d roll with Tommy Mac and see what we have, because I really don’t know yet. I think we’re pretty sure on Kendrick. The arm just isn’t good enough. No zip and ball placement isn’t very good. Faster defenses will eat him alive.

Dam dude I’m so sorry for you - - - MacVittie hopefully neve see the field again this season - he is JUST NOT P-5 – plain and simple just ugly.

You don’t like Kendrcik – Great but Macvittie IS SURE THE HELL is not the answer. - going to be a long Season no matter, Roll Daniels - -not gonna lose any eligibility anyways this year- - sure the hell can’t be any worse. Chances are he is going to be our QB in upcoming seasons let him work his way through - -BUT NOT Macvittie

Daniels isn’t ready at all. With a shortened fall camp, I’d be surprised if he’s comfortable running anything but the pure basics. Dearmon has 50+ RPO’s he can call at any time.

I think MacVittie gives us the best chance to win this year barring Daniels really picking up the offense. Stronger arm, better runner, the size to throw from the pocket, so a much higher ceiling.

@jayhawkblue73 said in GAME DAY:

Daniels isn’t ready at all. With a shortened fall camp, I’d be surprised if he’s comfortable running anything but the pure basics. Dearmon has 50+ RPO’s he can call at any time.

I think MacVittie gives us the best chance to win this year barring Daniels really picking up the offense. Stronger arm, better runner, the size to throw from the pocket, so a much higher ceiling.

so basically your saying we have ZERO CHANCE of winning anything I gotcha now. - -MacVittie was around all last year , and Nothing, and in his brief outing THIS year look totally like crap. You and I both know this is a lost year with those two options at QB

Again daniels much better runner - like you say much better arm , nice size - let him learn with experience , what we lose at this point ? - -Another Loss ? - - - And ? MacVittie is NOT doing anything for us this year -Ok ya Probably loss with Daniels but he gains the experience yet just a better all around QB - he still has a future at KU MaVittie is his last year play for the future - sorry your not selling me with MacVittie - -Hell I’ll take Kendrick over MacVittie any day he is just flat no P-5 QB period - just difference of opinions and no one wil change either more then likely

so basically your saying we have ZERO CHANCE of winning anything I gotcha now. - -MacVittie was around all last year , and Nothing, and in his brief outing THIS year look totally like crap. You and I both know this is a lost year with those two options at QB

Again daniels much better runner - like you say much better arm , nice size - let him learn with experience , what we lose at this point ? - -Another Loss ? - - - And ? MacVittie is NOT doing anything for us this year -Ok ya Probably loss with Daniels but he gains the experience yet just a better all around QB - he still has a future at KU MaVittie is his last year play for the future - sorry your not selling me with MacVittie - -Hell I’ll take Kendrick over MacVittie any day he is just flat no P-5 QB period - just difference of opinions and no one wil change either more then likely

He wasn’t healthy most of last year either. Had a few knee injuries. I thought he looked ok in a few snaps. He never was out there enough to get into any kind of rhythm (and neither was Dearmon tbh). To use a rough analogy, MacVittie looks like Jorge Soler like 2-3 years ago. You can tell he’s got most of the tools (power, big arm, etc.) but it just hasn’t come together yet. I’m willing to see if it does for MacVittie. He’s got the tools (big arm, can run) but it hasn’t clicked yet. It may never, but I’m willing to see if it does. Because I know it won’t for Kendrick. He’s like a light hitting infielder without the arm to play short. You kind of know what you have and he’s pretty limited. Shoot, he’s not even as athletic as MacVittie.

Daniels is like in AA, and if you bring him right from Springfield to St. Louis he’s really going to struggle, possibly to his permanent detriment. He may develop some bad habits or get his confidence wrecked for a team that’s not that good anyway. Since we had a limited fall camp, we need to bring him along slowly so he can grasp the offense. It doesn’t do him or the team any good to throw him out there with a limited grasp of the offense. Put your guys in a position to succeed, and Daniels just isn’t there yet.

He wasn’t healthy most of last year either. Had a few knee injuries. I thought he looked ok in a few snaps. He never was out there enough to get into any kind of rhythm (and neither was Dearmon tbh). To use a rough analogy, MacVittie looks like Jorge Soler like 2-3 years ago. You can tell he’s got most of the tools (power, big arm, etc.) but it just hasn’t come together yet. I’m willing to see if it does for MacVittie. He’s got the tools (big arm, can run) but it hasn’t clicked yet. It may never, but I’m willing to see if it does. Because I know it won’t for Kendrick. He’s like a light hitting infielder without the arm to play short. You kind of know what you have and he’s pretty limited. Shoot, he’s not even as athletic as MacVittie.

Daniels is like in AA, and if you bring him right from Springfield to St. Louis he’s really going to struggle, possibly to his permanent detriment. He may develop some bad habits or get his confidence wrecked for a team that’s not that good anyway. Since we had a limited fall camp, we need to bring him along slowly so he can grasp the offense. It doesn’t do him or the team any good to throw him out there with a limited grasp of the offense. Put your guys in a position to succeed, and Daniels just isn’t there yet.

possibly - -but again he is not going to get any confifdence standing on the side line when a team is going no where - he needs REPS , to grow. you can’t get the same kind of confidence in a practice as live game experience, he is already heaad and shoulders above Macvittie talent wise. He may be lost for awhile but hell MacVittie is lost too so what’s the difference. Macvittie looks so indecisive making the wrong reaads running when he should throw - - throw when he should run sorry your not convincing me MaVittie is the answer in any way shape or form.

While MacVittie was running the offense we put up 3 if that - - Kendrick put up 20 - and of Course Macvittie hurt - - in the game - -AGAIN - -again Daniels should at least see Reps, hell if they are going to rotate the two QB’S might as well rotate the 3. Ideally it needs to be the ONE but w don’t have that - -hopefully when Easters gets here we have our QB - -from what I see he is probably the best option we have had in quite some time to be realistic talent wise

possibly - -but again he is not going to get any confifdence standing on the side line when a team is going no where - he needs REPS , to grow. you can’t get the same kind of confidence in a practice as live game experience, he is already heaad and shoulders above Macvittie talent wise. He may be lost for awhile but hell MacVittie is lost too so what’s the difference. Macvittie looks so indecisive making the wrong reaads running when he should throw - - throw when he should run sorry your not convincing me MaVittie is the answer in any way shape or form.

While MacVittie was running the offense we put up 3 if that - - Kendrick put up 20 - and of Course Macvittie hurt - - in the game - -AGAIN - -again Daniels should at least see Reps, hell if they are going to rotate the two QB’S might as well rotate the 3. Ideally it needs to be the ONE but w don’t have that - -hopefully when Easters gets here we have our QB - -from what I see he is probably the best option we have had in quite some time to be realistic talent wise

Sure he is. You get better at practice and getting reps. Throwing him to the wolves now is a bad, bad idea. It was obvious to me Kendrick got stone cold lucky on a lot of throws and should’ve probably had 2-3 picks. He missed a wide open Parchment on one throw and threw a ball into double coverage that should’ve been picked. Lassiter made a nice catch but whew that was close. Ditto one of his TD’s on the goal line. Had TK wide open in the flat for a score but threw into coverage to the back pylon. A good defense picks both those. MacVittie’s pick wasn’t totally on him. Plus he had a better PFF rating and making something from nothing. I want to see more from MacVittie. Not saying he’s totally the guy, but Kendrick definitely isn’t.

• @stoptheflop It usually takes me 3 or 4 games to get into “Lord have mercy, bring on basketball” mode.

But I’m there right now. That was some pathetic play on Saturday.

• One stat that kind of blew my mind. Spring practices: Coastal, 15; KU, 0.

Sure he is. You get better at practice and getting reps. Throwing him to the wolves now is a bad, bad idea. It was obvious to me Kendrick got stone cold lucky on a lot of throws and should’ve probably had 2-3 picks. He missed a wide open Parchment on one throw and threw a ball into double coverage that should’ve been picked. Lassiter made a nice catch but whew that was close. Ditto one of his TD’s on the goal line. Had TK wide open in the flat for a score but threw into coverage to the back pylon. A good defense picks both those. MacVittie’s pick wasn’t totally on him. Plus he had a better PFF rating and making something from nothing. I want to see more from MacVittie. Not saying he’s totally the guy, but Kendrick definitely isn’t.

Well enough of this non sense - - on another note - isn’t Jayden Jones announcement coming up this week ? - - like where we sit with him

• @nuleafjhawk Yep, 0 wins this year seems likely. But, teams improve and in one or two games a team will get some breaks, like CC did last Saturday that put the team in a position for an upset. I’m reminded of the Boston College game last year. Where the hell did that performance come from?

• @stoptheflop Maybe it came from a buttload of BC overconfidence by seeing what their opponent had done previously… ?

• @stoptheflop the guy that transferred

• @stoptheflop I wonder who the next, great “Can’t Miss” coach will be?