Texas tech

• wissox said:

@jayballer73 Didn’t look like a decent crowd to me. Box score says 31,000. Exciting though none the less.

that’s sad. If my dam truck wasn’t broken down would of like to gone. Then again on the other hand - - how many fans do you think we would of had there for this game last year ? – about 1/2 of that. - -Gonna take time I reckon but slowly but surely they will be back. - -This team is bringing excitement back to the field. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Fun to see a field full of students on the field after the game w/the team. Did they show Jeff long in front of the goal posts? The players went over and thanked the band too. Cool to watch! Might have to go next sat. The Vb gals played pretty good against Texas. I kinda quit following them after all the losses. The new place is really nice! Saw a lot of games thurs-sat.

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

@stoptheflop Bottom line is KU shouldn’t have needed to kick a game winning FG last night. KU should have already been winning at that point.

KU has had 4 blocked FG’s the past 2 games (I’m including the two PAT’s in this). I don’t care if that blocked PAT last night was a penalty or not, 4 blocked kicks in two games should be unacceptable and shows a major schematic flaw with the FG unit.

And I will say KU was very damn lucky last night to win. Blocked kicks are huge momentum plays and had KU not been lucky that the Tech player made an extremely dumb play, Tech goes into OT with all of the momentum and probably wins at that point.

Oh well! We had more points at 0:00. There are some issues but this team is frankly well ahead of where I thought they’d be.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Texas Hawk 10 said:

@stoptheflop Bottom line is KU shouldn’t have needed to kick a game winning FG last night. KU should have already been winning at that point.

KU has had 4 blocked FG’s the past 2 games (I’m including the two PAT’s in this). I don’t care if that blocked PAT last night was a penalty or not, 4 blocked kicks in two games should be unacceptable and shows a major schematic flaw with the FG unit.

And I will say KU was very damn lucky last night to win. Blocked kicks are huge momentum plays and had KU not been lucky that the Tech player made an extremely dumb play, Tech goes into OT with all of the momentum and probably wins at that point.

Oh well! We had more points at 0:00. There are some issues but this team is frankly well ahead of where I thought they’d be.

KU is in the exact same position as last season. 3-5 overall and 1-4 in league play with self inflicted mistakes costing themselves multiple games each season. KU has winnable games the rest of the way this year, but they had winnable games last year as well and lost because of self inflicted errors.

That “Oh well!” is exactly why KU lost last Saturday. It’s an issue that’s cost KU at least one win this year.

If KU wants to win another game the rest of the way, they are going to have to fix the issues in the kicking game because they’ve left 10 points on the field the past two games. These are the kind of mistakes that have a huge impact on the field. KU absolutely has the schedule to try and get to 6 wins, but KU has to clean up their FG unit to maximize those chances.

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Texas Hawk 10 said:

KU is in the exact same position as last season. 3-5 overall and 1-4 in league play with self inflicted mistakes costing themselves multiple games each season. KU has winnable games the rest of the way this year, but they had winnable games last year as well and lost because of self inflicted errors.

That “Oh well!” is exactly why KU lost last Saturday. It’s an issue that’s cost KU at least one win this year.

If KU wants to win another game the rest of the way, they are going to have to fix the issues in the kicking game because they’ve left 10 points on the field the past two games. These are the kind of mistakes that have a huge impact on the field. KU absolutely has the schedule to try and get to 6 wins, but KU has to clean up their FG unit to maximize those chances.

By record, that’s technically correct. But, let’s take a little deeper look. Scoring? Up 4 PPG. Average game margin? Games are 2 points closer. Total offense is up 50 yards per game. Averaging a yard per play more on offense. Defense has regressed a bit, but that’s to be expected given they lost half the tackling production from last season, including the entire front 7. And all this against a better schedule.

You’re misreading oh well. Not that I don’t care we made mistakes (like I said above, it wasn’t pretty and we need to fix some things). I’m just going to take some time and enjoy a win. Sorry if you can’t.

This team is significantly improved and getting better, especially since Dearmon was promoted. My goal coming into the year was 4 wins, and we’ve got a good shot at that. Any more is gravy. We’ve got enough to hang with KSU, though our lack of depth up front will be exposed by their really good line. We’re going to have to hang another 40 on them to stay in it.

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

Breath of fresh air 🤣 https://twitter.com/ku_football/status/1188595465593466880?s=21

Make KU football fun again!

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Crimsonorblue22 said:

Breath of fresh air 🤣 https://twitter.com/ku_football/status/1188595465593466880?s=21

https://twitter.com/ChrisHarrisJr/status/1188282360808247296

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Crimsonorblue22 said:

https://twitter.com/ChrisHarrisJr/status/1188282360808247296

😏😏. #BigKickEnergy

• @Texas-Hawk-10 they definitely have to get the protection fixed on FGs if they want to win again. If not for your buddy Koenning we probably have 5 wins. I still say my 4 win prediction to the year most likely happens. I just hope we win this Saturday.

• Anybody else besides me feel the difference in the air with KU football THIS year? - something different going down - - it’s called CHANGE - - let’s do this - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 We are competing better IMO. Especially when you figure that we returned a mere 9 guys. I think last years club was more talented especially defensively. Add in Herbert quitting on his team and several injuries. It would hard to expect much more. We only have 1 embarrassing loss to TCU so far. We really only had 3 embarrassing losses last year.

• kjayhawks said:

@jayballer73 We are competing better IMO. Especially when you figure that we returned a mere 9 guys. I think last years club was more talented especially defensively. Add in Herbert quitting on his team and several injuries. It would hard to expect much more. We only have 1 embarrassing loss to TCU so far. We really only had 3 embarrassing losses last year.

I’m guessing Dom Williams must be done too , he has been nowhere on the field to be seen for awhile. - -With him the 3rd man at the beginning and then Herbert leaving you would of thought he would of seen more time - - I think he is gone too - - another transfer - -it’s ok we still have Gardner and Pooka - -we gonna be fine

• Can dru prox redshirt?

• Mercy Texas Tech fans having a MAJOR melt down after losing to us Saturday. - - Talking about how this is a major set back to the program - - how can anyone possible ever lose to KU - -how now they will become the NEW KU of the league - - calling for Well’s head lol

• @jayballer73 It was the same thing in Austin last week - and they won!! Don’t you know if you can’t beat KU by 40+ you suck???

• nuleafjhawk said:

@jayballer73 It was the same thing in Austin last week - and they won!! Don’t you know if you can’t beat KU by 40+ you suck???

for sure. - - I mean they can even begin to conceive the idea that maybe - - just maybe that KU might be getting better and not going to be the laughing stock of College football anymore

• @jayballer73 I’ll admit I don’t follow KU Football as closely. I didn’t realize that as someone said we might have had 10,000 for a game like that in recent years. What i saw on TV didn’t look like a decent crowd, it looked like a crappy 1980’s (when I attended) crowd. It seems like others are thinking attendance is moving up and thought the crowd looked decent. This is a good sign! Hope your truck gets fixed!

• wissox said:

@jayballer73 I’ll admit I don’t follow KU Football as closely. I didn’t realize that as someone said we might have had 10,000 for a game like that in recent years. What i saw on TV didn’t look like a decent crowd, it looked like a crappy 1980’s (when I attended) crowd. It seems like others are thinking attendance is moving up and thought the crowd looked decent. This is a good sign! Hope your truck gets fixed!

ya, the fans are for sure showing more interest and ARE coming back compared to last year for sure. - - I remember the final home game las year - you talk about a total embarrassment. - -they would be lucky if there was 10,000 there.

We keep staying in games like we are fans are coming back. - They may seem pitiful to you but bog difference between this yr and last. - - didn’t take ONE year to drive them away - -can’t take ONE year to bring them back - - 31,00 for sure isn’t something to get tickled to the bone about – BUT sure the hell of a lot better then last year.

I remember the days when you could go to the Stadium like I did - -back in the day of David Jaynes - - Bruce Adams - - Tony Sands - - - Gilbert Brown - -Dana Stubblefield guys like that - -that place always had lots of people those were the days. - -The Mad Hatter is bringing us home. - - Oh thanks on the truck - -gonna cost us right at 1,000 to get it fixed - - pocket change lmao. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• That Coastal Carolina loss really stings now, because if that had been a win, there’s a decent shot that KU could dream about going bowling this season. How crazy is that.

A bowl game is a long shot at this point needing at least one win over a ranked team and at least one road win.

But KU will have a shot at a bowl game for at least three more weeks. When’s the last time KU football was into November with a shot at a bowl?

And this can only help recruiting. If you are looking around, KU is definitely a school to consider right now.

The lack of depth is hurting our special teams, but we have more athletes on the way. That will help steady the ship on special teams, and help us deal with injuries and defections.

If we get a little more athletic on defense, this team has a shot at going to a bowl next year, and contending for an 8 or 9 win season by 2022.

• justanotherfan said:

That Coastal Carolina loss really stings now, because if that had been a win, there’s a decent shot that KU could dream about going bowling this season. How crazy is that.

A bowl game is a long shot at this point needing at least one win over a ranked team and at least one road win.

But KU will have a shot at a bowl game for at least three more weeks. When’s the last time KU football was into November with a shot at a bowl?

And this can only help recruiting. If you are looking around, KU is definitely a school to consider right now.

The lack of depth is hurting our special teams, but we have more athletes on the way. That will help steady the ship on special teams, and help us deal with injuries and defections.

If we get a little more athletic on defense, this team has a shot at going to a bowl next year, and contending for an 8 or 9 win season by 2022.

I’ve mentioned this before. - - Do you realize how close this team is to being 6-2 instead of 3-5 ?- -lost to CC 12-7 - -WITHOUT Pooka - - - - lost by 5 to West Virginia – and losing to Texas by 2 - - losing 3 games by a total of 12 points - -were getting there ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer73 said:

justanotherfan said:

That Coastal Carolina loss really stings now, because if that had been a win, there’s a decent shot that KU could dream about going bowling this season. How crazy is that.

I’ve mentioned this before. - - Do you realize how close this team is to being 6-2 instead of 3-5 ?- -lost to CC 12-7 - -WITHOUT Pooka - - - - lost by 5 to West Virginia – and losing to Texas by 2 - - losing 3 games by a total of 12 points - -were getting there ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

One drive away against both Coastal Carolina and WVU. Literally one play away against Texas. That’s bowl eligibility right there. And even if all of those don’t go KU’s way, if some of it does, they are probably still going bowling if they had four wins right now, and almost certainly if they had five.

• Can’t change the past. Gotta look forward to the opportunities in front of us.

Bowl or not, a win over any 2 of the next 4 would change perceptions of some of the most staunch skeptics.