2021 Recruiting

• Boy , they extending this recruiting dead period till the end of July, is gonna cause some really interesting tactics. Like the Head guy at Sunrise said, causing a lot of staffs todo a lot more watching of film and relying on Coaches of these teams , these guys to provide vital information about recruits such as Kendall which we are recruiting - -such as Grady also.

These Coaches are really gonna have to sell the Schools , seeing as there is no on Campus visit. Coaches can’t have one on one in face contact with recruits. - -Lots of Zoom calls - -lots of phone calls. Gonna be interesting how this all plays out for schools. ROCKCHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• A lack of summer AAU ball is going to make recruiting much more interesting as well. Players that would’ve shot up the rankings and players that would’ve plateaued and dropped in the rankings won’t see their rankings shift much, if any this summer.

I’m also curious how much the lack of an AAU season will affect the influence Adidas, Nike, and Under Armour have on the 2021 class and where players end up.

• FWIW read where we made cut of final 10 , so doesn’t mean a lot I don’t think - - not when it’s top 10 - -top 5 ehh more likely but top 10?

K J Adams out of West Lake Texas listed his top 10 : Iowa , UCF , Iona , Texas , Oklahoma , Texas Tech , G Town , Baylor , Arkansas , & KU

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Beard didn’t pull another one out his B - - - and land him - -Adams is the # 63 rated player right now. Not sure how much of a need for someone like this , another situation I guess of who all leaves after this year huh ? - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Mentioned this one earlier in this thread. Mac Etienne , 6’10 C , read the article on him today and his update in his recruitment. - over 29 offers.

Very skilled with Back to the Basket. Rebounding & defending the paint strength of his game , averaged 15 ppg - - 13 rbg - -& 4 blks per game his junior Season.

Said some things he was looking for in the team he commits to , a team with a great pg & wants to be able to play a freshman

Was talking about his virtual visit with KU . Saying Townsend and Coach Self stressing how they need frontcourt guy that can fit their scheme that they have. Coach Self Mentioned the Morris Twins & Joel Embiid that were drafted at his position . Coach Self talking about how KU was favorite to win the whole thing last year & his success he has had in the Big 12. Shows that KU has great tradition and how great the program is

I don’t think there is much chance he lands here but I would take him for sure if he chose to come , in need of some good big men top 60 player right now pretty sure that will go up. To many offers to mention all to list some : Louis , Marq , Syra , U Conn , UCLA , Illinois , Seton Hall , Miami , KU , Ohio St - -to name some. I feel from the Sounds - sounds like he really like Illinois but we could sure use him for sure. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• 26 of the Top 100 is already committed to a program for the 21 class.

• @jayballer73

Adams is good and I like his game. Would be a nice 4 man and seems like the Big-12 makes up half of his Top 10 so good chance he ends up in the conference. I think KU is after someone in the Azubuike/McCormack mold and that wouldn’t be Adams.

• @BeddieKU23 said in 2021 Recruiting:

@jayballer73

Adams is good and I like his game. Would be a nice 4 man and seems like the Big-12 makes up half of his Top 10 so good chance he ends up in the conference. I think KU is after someone in the Azubuike/McCormack mold and that wouldn’t be Adams.

He’s from Austin, we’ve seen this rodeo before.

• Are we even in the least bit trying to recruit Langston Love anymore or have we went a different direction ? - curious he has his top 11 with KU in it.

Baylor , Texas A & M , UCLA , Texas , Stanford , Texas Tech , Oklahoma State , Villanova , Illinois , & KU -do we know? - -is the staff still interested or what ? - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 said in 2021 Recruiting:

-is the staff still interested or what

I’m sure they would be, but KU does not appear to really be in that race.

• @BShark said in 2021 Recruiting:

@jayballer73 said in 2021 Recruiting:

-is the staff still interested or what

I’m sure they would be, but KU does not appear to really be in that race.

just curious as I read this afternoon we had made his top 11 - - whoopie lol

• Something to think about. Do you realize that there is a chance may be a small chance but still a chance that the Big 12 could have the two # 1 ranked players in the country playing in the league this year. - Cade Cunningham the # 1 ranked player for 2020 that’s going to play down in Stillwater & then Jonathan Kuminga who is the # 1 ranked player for 2021 is very seriously thinking about re-classifying to2020 and Texas Tech is in his top 5… They are saying they think he might well re- classify as he named a top 5. Yet he is also considering the NBA G League

If beard happens to land him - - - - - - umm

• Recruiting dead period extended to July 31 now.

• KK Chandler to Sunrise. They’re going to be incredible.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2021 Recruiting:

KK Chandler to Sunrise. They’re going to be incredible.

you talk about loaded. Brown , Dick , Chandler , & Clemons right ?

@FarmerJayhawk said in 2021 Recruiting:

KK Chandler to Sunrise. They’re going to be incredible.

you talk about loaded. Brown , Dick , Chandler , & Clemons right ?

Yessir. Hope KK doesn’t get into Brown’s ear about Nike

• Chet Holmgren, do we have a chance? Is he even going to play college ball? Needs to put on weight, but the guy never stops going.

• @Marco said in 2021 Recruiting:

Chet Holmgren, do we have a chance? Is he even going to play college ball? Needs to put on weight, but the guy never stops going. It doesn’t look like Kansas has reached out to him and we are not on his list of schools on 24/7

Chet Holmgren, do we have a chance? Is he even going to play college ball? Needs to put on weight, but the guy never stops going.

Negative. Senior Dave all the way in 21-22.

@Marco said in 2021 Recruiting:

Chet Holmgren, do we have a chance? Is he even going to play college ball? Needs to put on weight, but the guy never stops going.

I hope we have Dave for four years.

• Potential end of the bench/walk-on add. Like his game. Not a high flyer but very skilled at both guard spots. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/zeke-mayo-239281

Dave doesn’t have an NBA style game, he’ll be giving a senior night speech in 2022 before heading overseas for his pro career.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in 2021 Recruiting:

Dave doesn’t have an NBA style game, he’ll be giving a senior night speech in 2022 before heading overseas for his pro career.

I’m not ready to write off his chance at carving out an NBA career. But I do hope he sticks around for four.

• A name I don’t think has been mentioned.

Keon Coleman- KU just made his Top 3… He’s also a 4 star WR for Football and could play both at the next level.

A name I don’t think has been mentioned.

Keon Coleman- KU just made his Top 3… He’s also a 4 star WR for Football and could play both at the next level.

YA we made his top 3 in football. Absolute stud , It’s down to South Carolina , Oklahoma & KU.

Coach Self going to play a HUGE part in landing this guy in Football, think we have a pretty decent shot at him. Oklahoma has already got 2 commits rated higher in football. Totally up to him - - do I go to OU and just kind of fall into obscurity behind these other guys OR a chance to go to KU and have a pretty dam good chance of major quality minutes on the field. - - Football is his future , but heard pretty decent in Basketball also

• @jayballer73

OU reportedly is the only school that was left in his most recent Top 6 that wasn’t recruiting him for Basketball as well.

Has some Agbaji to his game on the hardwood

@jayballer73

OU reportedly is the only school that was left in his most recent Top 6 that wasn’t recruiting him for Basketball as well.

Has some Agbaji to his game on the hardwood

He would be an enormous addition to the football program. He might see the floor in hoops.

• @BShark well we know he’d be done in time for most of the bb season.😭

@BeddieKU23 said in 2021 Recruiting:

A name I don’t think has been mentioned.

YA we made his top 3 in football. Absolute stud , It’s down to South Carolina , Oklahoma & KU.

Coach Self going to play a HUGE part in landing this guy in Football, think we have a pretty decent shot at him. Oklahoma has already got 2 commits rated higher in football. Totally up to him - - do I go to OU and just kind of fall into obscurity behind these other guys OR a chance to go to KU and have a pretty dam good chance of major quality minutes on the field. - - Football is his future , but heard pretty decent in Basketball also

OU is totally loaded at wide receiver, no doubt. Hell, totally loaded on offense, period. The Rattler is going to be QBing for them this year. I’ll admit it, I’m looking forward to seeing him play.

• Considering KU has conceded money changed hands for multiple recruits, there’s probably a reduction in scholarships coming for basketball so someone like Coleman who would be on scholarship for another sport could provide a boost for roster numbers in basketball. I’m sure Self and Miles have to be in contact with other in regards to this kid.

Considering OU’s track record of WR’s recently, they’re going to be hard to beat. I’m also very surprised LSU isn’t in the mix considering they’re long history of sending WR’s to the NFL that have been very productive in the league.

• LSU’s after a bunch of other WR’s. Strong WR class in the Louisiana area as well.

• Isaiah Barnes went from unranked to #85. That Bill Self guy knows talent. Looks like he will end up at Michigan however.

• @BShark

He just committed there

@BShark

He just committed there

Michigan definitely upped their bag game after Belein left.

• Can we get back on subject here this is for recruiting basketball not recruiting football

• @JAYHAWKFAN214 said in 2021 Recruiting:

Can we get back on subject here this is for recruiting basketball not recruiting football

The recruit in question is a two sport athlete whose first sport is football, but an opportunity to possibly play basketball as KU is a selling point that’s keeping KU in the mix for the kid.

• @JAYHAWKFAN214 said in 2021 Recruiting:

Can we get back on subject here this is for recruiting basketball not recruiting football

just happens that this kid is also a pretty good Basketball player also and wanting to play both sports. That is what Ku is working with , and think because of our Basketball program that gives us a pretty decent shot with the kid. Getting Coach Self involved along with Les – hit him from both directions.

Texas Hawk 10 , brought up a really good point yesterday saying that with the possible penalty reduction of Scholi, that this kid might be a nice fit because he wouldn’t count against our BB Scholi’s and still be a good addition. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• KU Made JD Davison’s Top 10. The Top ranked PG in 21. I think personally he’s a candidate to skip college.

FSU, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisville, LSU and Memphis also on his list. Alabama product has a lot of SEC programs on his list. Notice no Duke/Kentucky here. Something is off.

If KU is to get a PG I still like Noah Hickman the best, he has a recent KU offer. I would say Kennedy Chandler but he’s a Nike homer

• @BeddieKU23 Maybe we can get Rahsool Diggins, I think Diggins or Hickman would be good.

@BeddieKU23 Maybe we can get Rahsool Diggins, I think Diggins or Hickman would be good.

Hickman saw his stock rise to #30 in 247’s latest update. I think of the two he’s clearly the better player off tape but we’ll see.

• Didn’t make the top 7 for Chet Holmgren. Bet he stays closer to home.

Didn’t make the top 7 for Chet Holmgren. Bet he stays closer to home.

I don’t think we was really ever that serious of a contender for him , really hadn’t got my hopes up for him. So it’s ok. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 no Kansas was not really in on him

• Made the top 5 for Matt Cleveland. Think we have a shot here. https://247sports.com/Player/Matthew-Cleveland-46079396/

Made the top 5 for Matt Cleveland. Think we have a shot here. https://247sports.com/Player/Matthew-Cleveland-46079396/

For real? Interesting

Made the top 5 for Matt Cleveland. Think we have a shot here. https://247sports.com/Player/Matthew-Cleveland-46079396/

I would think your right about having a shot at him. I checked it out a bit and Location is obviously is not a factor if you look at the remaining 5. If it was and he was wanting to stay close to home – he had offers from Georgia & Georgia State.

Some Schools he crossed of his list some decent teams for sure : - - -Ala , Arkansas ’ Aub , Florida , Iowa St , KSU , Louisville , Mary , Mia , Mizzery , Okla , Seton Hall , TCU , Vandy , Xavier and last but not least Kentucky.

So with the 5 left yes I think we have a solid chance you would think. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

For real? Interesting

Yeah, rumor was Georgia Tech for awhile since I believe one or both of his parents are alums, but they’re a raging trash fire at the moment.

• Harrrrd to pull kids out of the south. Also can we land him and KB? Because I’ve heard KB will be coming again very strongly.

Harrrrd to pull kids out of the south. Also can we land him and KB? Because I’ve heard KB will be coming again very strongly.

kool-aid man oh yeah.gif

I think so. Have to replace at least one guard and possibly a wing or even two if TGF is really determined to be a OAD. Go something like Harris, Thompson, Cleveland, Brown, McCormack. Or swap Ochai or TGF for Cleveland if they stay. Or play Bryce at PG: Bryce, Cleveland, Ochai, Brown.

Harrrrd to pull kids out of the south. Also can we land him and KB? Because I’ve heard KB will be coming again very strongly.

Dam , like you ask I don’t think we would get both. So becomes the question Kendall or Cleveland ? - -I don’t know - -BUT me ? - -I think I would want Kendall. - -Is that a wrong choice ? - - -Maybe , just me. - - - one thing is unless Kendall has improved his outside shooting - then you need Cleveland I would think. - -have heard many time that Brown has shaky outside J at present correct ? I STILL think I would TAKE bROWN. - - rock chalk all day long baby