Chiefs!

• I like it! So happy!

• My dad and I watched SB I and IV together (I was 10 and 13 on those), but the only game I remember really well was the infamous Christmas Day game a couple years later when Stenerud broke my Dad’s heart. The Chiefs were no good for the rest of the 70’s and he passed away in 1978.

I started crying today! I was watching all those fans going nuts, thinking, “That’s my city! This one’s for Dad.”

• Looks like chiefs and 49ers.

• Made a deal with the fiancé last year that if the Chiefs win a SB before we have a kid our first born sons middle name has to be Mahomes…

• Wonder if people still hate Veach??

• @Kcmatt7 Make it Patrick just to keep your son’s future safe…

• mayjay said:

@Kcmatt7 Make it Patrick just to keep your son’s future safe…

Nope. This was the deal. Maddox Mahomes.

• @Kcmatt7 Okay, but if our favorite Chiefs player defects to Cuba someday, don’t blame me if kids start asking your son about la Revolución!

• @Kcmatt7 I’ll babysit for you!

• @Kcmatt7 when’s the wedding? Let’s do that first

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

@Kcmatt7 when’s the wedding? Let’s do that first

July. Coming up quick

• The last few years (decade+) I’ve watched the Super Bowl for the commercials. With the Chiefs playing I’m actually interested in the game, so now when do I get my snacks?!?

• @dylans

Well, you can now get an Impossible Burger. But if you were preparing for our last SB back in Jan 1970 (before all the health crap came around), you couldn’t find anything tastier than this:

img.jpeg

https://kansascityarchives.com/2019/07/20/smaks-burgers-in-kansas-city-were-a-midcentury-boomer-classic/

• dylans said:

The last few years (decade+) I’ve watched the Super Bowl for the commercials. With the Chiefs playing I’m actually interested in the game, so now when do I get my snacks?!?

@dylans Do what we did: remodel your kitchen so it can accommodate a VLTV (very large TV). That way snacks and, more importantly, beverages readily available🍕 🍺 🥃 🍷

• @kjayhawks I was 12.

• Pretty cool the offensive coordinator, maybe ast. is a gal and🥁from Hesston Kansas. San Fran.'s I should add.

• @Crimsonorblue22 lol at first I was thinking of the Chief’s Eric Bieniemy. Definitely not an Erica! 😂

• Insane that Bieniemy isn’t going to get a HC job. Great for the Chiefs though.

• Almost time. Well everyone or just about anyways knows that I’m a life long Green Bay fan , I have no qualms about that either BUT I do also like KC. I’ll root for them anytime other then or if they play Green Bay , and watch them anytime I can.

I think KC could be the next Generation of the New England Patriots , for sure. They are really young and MERCY the group these guys got - -just explosive, Hated Patrick in College - - love him now.

I mean KC as a offensive group , if your trying to scheme for them what the hell you going to do ? - -Who you going to double and try and take out of the equation ? Kesle ? - -Go head - then what you going to about Hill ? - - Double him ? - -Go ahead - then you got Watkins ? - - no , OK then what about Hardman ? no - -Then what about Robinson ? No - - what you going to do with Williams you trying to take these guys out? - -Then you got Pat himself he WILL run - - - that’s scary , you take all these others away - it’s Ok Patrick will take off on you

There is really a couple of things that even concern me just a little about this Super Bowl. That is I mean I feel good BUT I just sure hope that there aren’t to many KC fans that think this games is wrapped up for KC. -I love our chances BUT

I’m concerned a little bit about San Francisco’s run game. - -I know , but I don’t want to hear well we shut down , dam can’t think of the RB for the Ravens - can’t think of his name right now - -I hate that when that happens lol - - don’t talk to me about that - - - WHOLE different ball game, that’s great - BUT just like San Fran trying to take KC offense out of the equation - - worried , ya you might stop ONE of these running backs BUT, they come at you with a three headed monster. You defensive scheme might work on one - -but not sure they going to eliminate all 3 backs shutting them down.

Then I worry some about San Fran’s Defensive line, these guys are so quick. - - Bosa is a beast - they get a lot of pressure with NO blitz better hope to GOD the line can hold up.

It is been brought up and I agree off our local sports talk though. - - look at it this way. On the average a team will get 10 possessions per game right at that. If KC scores on even 50% - 5 times , that’s 35 points , San Fran going to have to Score more then 35, and the Style of game they play - - I /we don’t think they will do that. - Your going to have to out score KC - -I LIKE KC’S CHAMCES - - -GO CHIEFS - -LET’S DO THIS BABY

• Derrick Henry is the running back for the TITANS that the chiefs held to 69 yards after he’d had two 180+ yard games earlier in the playoffs. I think that’s who you were talking about, @jayballer73

• DanR said:

Derrick Henry is the running back for the TITANS that the chiefs held to 69 yards after he’d had two 180+ yard games earlier in the playoffs. I think that’s who you were talking about, @jayballer73

ya your right, my mind just went dead lol - - - Thanks

• Go Chiefs!

• Is this going to be our Super Bowl game thread?

• Oooh let’s go!

• There we go. A stop.

• Really?!? 🤞 not a sign and trade?!?

Chiefs GM Brett Veach also said signing DT Chris Jones was a priority. "Sometimes these things take some time to work through. The franchise tag is something that we have the ability to use. We’d certainly like to see if we can work something out with him. The tandem is Chris Jones and Frank Clark is something any team would want and we’re going to work hard to get that done.’’

• @dylans I really hope they are able to keep both players, it will be interesting to see if they wait til after the season starts to offer Mahomes a contract. I’m hoping he wants to continue winning and doesn’t sign a max deal. He seems smart enough to do so. LeBron and Brady had big endorsements that helped. Mahomes already has State Farm, Adidas, Hunts, Amazon and Head & Shoulders. I think they need to bulk up the offensive line first and foremost, then secondary and get some linebackers. Would be tough to do all but if they resign most of the current guys and do 2 of 3. They have a good shot at a repeat baring injuries.