2020 Football Recruiting

• Hell Ya we got him – 4 * Brennan Scott - -he is absolute stud - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• 1 + 1 does equal 2.

Great get.

• If this group sticks we could have a nasty defense in 2021. Lots of, as Les would say, “good looking men” on the roster or committed.

• It doesn’t feel real

• @Kcmatt7 It reminds me exactly of when Larry Brown took over for Ted Owens. We were in shock for months.

• The thing is hanging onto the kid. - - - Made a statement that has more then myself a little unsettled. - - said with his season coming up wanted to get it out of the way - but said also he had some visits already sit up - he already visited KU & USC - - - - -so he already has some other visits sit up?

This is what I hate about football recruitment - you are never safe until they actually sign on that line. - -Also made kind of a statement to saying normally a player that has offers such as his wouldn’t even look at KU - -but he said got to give them a chance - - - hmmm, watch this kid careful for a flip – sure hope I’m wrong - - -ROCK CHALK AL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73

This is a bit of a prove it year. We go 2-10 and we probably lose a lot of our recruits.

On the other hand, we go 5-7, look like a potential bowl team in 2020, I think we keep everyone and may even add some more.

These guys want to know they aren’t signing onto a ship that is still taking on water. That’s why this season is so important to KU. If the Hawks get off to a good start, expect this class to arrive on campus ready to challenge for a bowl in 2020.

• justanotherfan said:

@jayballer73

This is a bit of a prove it year. We go 2-10 and we probably lose a lot of our recruits.

On the other hand, we go 5-7, look like a potential bowl team in 2020, I think we keep everyone and may even add some more.

These guys want to know they aren’t signing onto a ship that is still taking on water. That’s why this season is so important to KU. If the Hawks get off to a good start, expect this class to arrive on campus ready to challenge for a bowl in 2020.

Agreee 1,00000000000 % - -very valid point. - also running along my thoughts. - -these players want to see a program that can compete - you think these guys want to come play in a place where there is 10-12,ooo fans there and even those are like corpse.

They have to see/be bale to talk to players about the Coach’s - -the program - -they want to come play for a staff that can help them develop - -even more - And like you say it all starts with showing results on the field - - - if w can show some progress get some W’s - then you’ll start seeing more of Steven Parkers- - and others show up .

The way football recruiting goes though I’m still pretty leary of our latest actually sticking - - - if your committed to the School - -no need to take any more visits - your committed - -words right out your own mouth. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Ok guys I know this probably a shot in the dark but hoping/looking for some help.

Looking for someone who might of heard , or knows something. - Article off Phog say or Headline reads 247 CB say QB to Kansas.

The Article is on VIP = - - -I don’t have the VIP so just looking to see if anybody has heard anything or knows anything about a Possible QB that might be committing to us or has committed to us- for 2020-2021 - or seriously considering us - -would be greatly appreciated -thanks my friends - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 this kid got a CB pick from 247’s national football recruiting guy. We may have to change Easter to Saturday in Lawrence. https://247sports.com/Player/Ben-Easters-46058152

• FarmerJayhawk said:

@jayballer73 this kid got a CB pick from 247’s national football recruiting guy. We may have to change Easter to Saturday in Lawrence. https://247sports.com/Player/Ben-Easters-46058152

Lol , ya since I posted this I found him. - -Pro Style QB - watched hid high light

• Tell ya how Crazy football recruiting is. – KU has already offered 2 kids out of Texas for the class of 2023.

Montrell Wade out of Tyler Texas - CB/WR - - 6ft nd 170 - - -And Malik Muhammad out of Dallas Texas- -DB - 5’10 and 160 - -These Kids are incoming Freshman in High School - -Mercy and yes KU is the 1st to offer both of them - -Recruiting is nuts. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Another one! https://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Jones-46080333/

I’m sure his FSU offer was not commitable but gaht damn. Get kids like this now and try to hold on.

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Another one! https://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Jones-46080333/

I’m sure his FSU offer was not commitable but gaht damn. Get kids like this now and try to hold on.

Or FSU is a raging dumpster fire and Taggart is getting canned in 4 months.

But yeah, it’s a terrific get. Have to win actual games now.

• @FarmerJayhawk Still…FSU vs KU… He has some other nice offers on his sheet as well. Agree that we need to start winning games. It’s still going to be quite hard this year but as long as there is clear progress hopefully we can keep kids on board and have a train of progression over the next few years.

• Dam this one caught me by total surprise – -I am wondering how we getting these last Couple. - -I know well pretty sure how we getting these kids to commit with what are we offering - -all of juggling around right?

Guys right 100 % - - HOLD ON to these guys – we all know there are going to be De-Commits/flips - just hope it’s not mass exodus – December can’t come fast enough.

If I’m not mistaken believe the Staff really wanted this kid - -big time get - let’s hope and cross our fingers these guys stick it out. - - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 Beats the last couple years when KU was trying to figure out how to give away a scholarship! Exact opposite problem at the moment.

• dylans said:

@jayballer73 Beats the last couple years when KU was trying to figure out how to give away a scholarship! Exact opposite problem at the moment.

I know right. - -I mean here we are not even to the early commit for 2020 and our class is almost if not full for 2020 - start working on 2021 - just crazy - - I love it - -and ALL high School kids at that - none of these Juco I mean one or two might be ok but with what we were working with - - Dam

Plus actually sneaking in and getting a couple that had major big time P-5 offers - -It’s a start right - -now time to go show yourself - - gain some respect on the field - - produce some - was competitive for the most part last year I mean you hanging 40 points on Oklahoma for one and hope we can get at least half the production we got on take aways like las year pretty hard to duplicate – I’m ready. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @dylans and we gave away several to guys who exhausted eligibility before their scholarship even counted toward their class. Unless it’s a total home run, blue shirting grad transfers is maybe the worst thing you can do to build a roster. I don’t mind the practice in general since you can end up with guys like Mike Lee and Hakeem Adeniji. Just have to be careful about how many you take and the fit.

• Does anyone know when the ESPN 18 part series about KU Football is supposed to air? All I’ve seen is “sometime” in August. Yes, I’ve googled it. Thanks - appreciate any info that y’all might have.

• @nuleafjhawk I’ve heard this Thursday, the 15th.

• @FarmerJayhawk Thank you!

• The other notable thing that Miles is doing is building a lot of depth. No matter who you recruit, every guy will not work out for your program. In the past, that left us severely undermanned. Miles is addressing that with numbers and talent. KU looks to be in a better position not only now, but moving forward because of it.

• @justanotherfan for sure. As of today we have more guys than spots in 2020. It’ll all get sorted out, but far cry from the days when Beaty found 10 randos and blueshirted them all.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

#Next https://247sports.com/Player/Tanner-Hooker-46081229/

ANOTHER possible recruit for 2020? - - -HOW? - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 some lower ranked early commits will gray shirt.

• Guys, call me an over blown homer - -the eternal optimist I guess. - -I just don’t get it , I mean I know ya we have been really bad for some time - -but still I don’t get it - -am I looking with to deep of Crimson and Blue?

I just truly think these group of guys this year is NOT being given enough respect - -I just truly feel that these guys are going to surprise some people - -the way these so called experts are predicting - they makes it out like we going to be really lousy again this year - - I just DON’T SEE IT

I’m not expecting miracles - -BUT I sure the hell don’t think we are going to be the laughing stock either - -I mean we have an experienced group of OL coming back/better - our running backs are pretty dam good -I think our receivers are been overlooked - with a new staff that has a little better grasp of things

My take - call me crazy - insane - -whatever but I could see us with a 2-1 non/con - -even possibly 3-0 - and I think we actually could take a couple of Big 12 Conference games - -possible 5 win season - -not saying probable - -but it’s possible if things played out right - I just think we are being overly dis-respected - again yes we have been bad - -but I think we have things going the right way - -it’s ok , let this play out - - maybe the guys can use this as a motivational thing. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• BShark said:

@jayballer73 some lower ranked early commits will gray shirt.

Awwww - - probably quite right. - - All I know sure feels good to have pretty much loaded up class as compared to ONE the precious year. - Now they can even start paying a little more attention to 2021 - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• BShark said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Ben-Easters-46058152/

2021 QB committed

Dam - - Dam - - Dam - - -I mean you know buddy - - long ,long , long ways to go BUT here we are with a full class for 2020 which yes their will be some de-commits - -but here we are with a full loaded 2020 class - - -ALL high School kids - -an now we already have 2 – -2021 kids commits

I mean if anything deserves this - -this kin of recruiting deserves I - - -JUMPIN - - GEE - - HOSSIE - - TOADS - - I’m just not use to this kind of recruiting lmao. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I’ve been following KU football for more than 50 years. My head is still beneath the clouds.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

And boom https://twitter.com/tannerhooker1k/status/1161771210058940416?s=21

You called this earlier I believe

• BShark said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

And boom https://twitter.com/tannerhooker1k/status/1161771210058940416?s=21

You called this earlier I believe

Yessir. Beat our friends to the west for him. Props to Coach Hull.

• All I can say is - - -WOW

• Can’t emphasize this enough. We HAVE to make progress on the field (4+ wins) to keep this group together. There will be a lot of schools keeping tabs on our guys trying to poach if things go south.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Can’t emphasize this enough. We HAVE to make progress on the field (4+ wins) to keep this group together. There will be a lot of schools keeping tabs on our guys trying to poach if things go south.

Most definetly - -it is an must that we show production on the fiel or could be ALOT of flips.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Can’t emphasize this enough. We HAVE to make progress on the field (4+ wins) to keep this group together. There will be a lot of schools keeping tabs on our guys trying to poach if things go south.

They absolutely have to win the first two games.

And then they need to win 1 of the next 3. BC, WVU, TCU. If they get swept here, I think it’ll be almost impossible to win 4 games. And, truth be told it would just be extremely deflating for everyone.

And then the other win needs to come from Tech, KSU or Baylor.

• @Kcmatt7 We’ll knock off KSU. Afterwards all of the KU fans will be classy and not rush the field or tear down goal posts.

Man i just flat hate how trashy KSU and their fans are. They are right up there with Duke with how much they crawl under my skin.

• Kcmatt7 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

They absolutely have to win the first two games.

And then they need to win 1 of the next 3. BC, WVU, TCU. If they get swept here, I think it’ll be almost impossible to win 4 games. And, truth be told it would just be extremely deflating for everyone.

And then the other win needs to come from Tech, KSU or Baylor.

No doubt. Can’t lose to a FCS school right away. I think we beat WVU and KSU. WVU is down on talent and has a new staff, plus we’re at home. If Les breaks the Big 12 road losing streak this year I’ll pitch in for the statue.

• I will be pleasantly but very surprised if this team wins 4 games. I know it is a completely new staff, new attitude, but I am going to have to see some on the field progress before I believe we are going to win 4 or 5 games.

• Woodrow said:

I will be pleasantly but very surprised if this team wins 4 games. I know it is a completely new staff, new attitude, but I am going to have to see some on the field progress before I believe we are going to win 4 or 5 games.

Look at you! Already upping expectations from 4 wins to 5 within a paragraph!!! Miles is creating a football fever!

• Dam - - guess were STILL not done recruiting for the 2020 season.

@ names popped up and one announcing soon looks like - -!st a center out of Richmond Texas - - Leke Asgnuga - -6’2 - - 275 - -sounds like we wanting him

Then I guess another receiver - -borderline 4 * - -was stated KU definetly in the running for him - - - -Jay Wilkerson - - pulled up his twitter and people saying has a couple of friends possibly already here at KU

Some people and it’s just hear say - but possibly recruiting over Pearson - saying Pearson might be a Blue shirt/Grey Shirt or even a PWO for right now - -just talk but man interesting how we still have these recruits possibly

If we are finding ways to still get people then DAM come on Ashaad - -but that looks like that’s not going to happen - - if it was we would of had him by now - - dam I wanted that kid. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• You’re never done recruiting in football. Bill said in the documentary.

“Commitments don’t mean anything”

• That puts us at 34th in recruiting rankings… it won’t hold, but somewhere around #50 seems likely

• Well if it should turn out - -seems like we would get a huge boost - I’m STILL not sure how they can do it , BUT they have ways I reckon.

Looking like there still might be hope with Ashad Clayton – Mercy if there was any way of landing him - - I would wet myself. - We right now 1 over the NCAA limit for recruits BUT like I said I guess they have ways.

He tweeted out last night I guess that a Dynamic dual coming soon - -and of course got lots of responses tweets to him about coming to KU - -he has made comments in the past talking about how he wanted to come back to KU again - -/soon. - -the Dual would be him and Pooka - - Like someone said all we got is Pooka and our other Louisiana Animals - -Coach Hull and such- - still just don’t know - - also made the statement about being his last months in Louisiana, but that could also mean Georgia - -or Auburn - -but both those schools have landed commit from higher running backs - -Ashaad # 11 in the nation - running back - - - man that would be Beyond - -Sweet

Just another reason we just HAVE to show improvement on the field for these recruits - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• See where Pooka is following Ashaad on his twitter - that’s good