Does KU have the Yps? Eastern Michigan Game Thread

• everyone but Garrett and Vick shot 50% from 3pt…those two were 0-fers…

• Welp .we won . - -some things 1st positive - - Doke did really well for 1st game back from injury , Quentin - -I think he is starting to show some signs of possibly coming around - - looks like trying to get more engaged , a little more aggressive - -hit a couple of 3"s - - got to the line some.

The negatives - -1st - -And foremost - -we could not get a defensive rebound to save our ass. - -You saw - -Coach Self said - -Awful - -when they showed him on the bench - -during the 2nd half. - -2nd - -our dam turnovers - - just sloppy ball handling - most unforced in the 2nd half - Could you imagine if this group was playing against West Virginia’s of the past years press all over - -how many turnovers would we get? - -Got to clean that up

Overall - glad to get Doke back - -get the win. - -Vick was a liability like some like to say on the offensive end today - -just what I talked about how he STILL inconsistent - -I can understand to a point anyways his day - these types of games not gonna happen often - -he is alright - - only thing might be thought he was turning down a lot of medium in the lane jumpers -seemed like he was trying to hard to look down deep for Doke - was pretty open to some close shots. - -Now it begins for real. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• KirkIsMyHinrich said:

Congratulations to all of you who watched Kansas play value-brand Syracuse on ESPN+ with plenty of really good football on. You are true fans.

Maybe next year I can start caring about college football again! As for now, what is this football you speak of?

• KirkIsMyHinrich said:

I can’t wait to cancel my ESPN+ subscription after the game. I’m really excited about it.

Did it! Thanks for the reminder. Mine would have renewed on Jan 1.

• Last ESNP+ game?

• @dylans ya - -it’s the last one I’m pretty sure for the season

• dylans said:

Last ESNP+ game?

Yes.

• @Bwag yes! But happens against man too. Too crowded

• mayjay said:

KirkIsMyHinrich said:

I can’t wait to cancel my ESPN+ subscription after the game. I’m really excited about it.

Well I have a confession. - - I paid my initial month for ESPN plus -then I was going to Cancel - -went in to do just that , BUT ESPN was still there - -didn’t pay anything the rest of the way - -every time I looked to see if it was still on there it was with out the renewal – Soooo - -now I am gonna cancel - -ooops. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Just Heard the Eastern Michigan play by play guy that calls the games - he said that since he had the opportunity to be able to call both games - -US here & then at Duke. - -Said the atmosphere the crowd was WAY better here then Duke lmao - -Ha bet you would never get a statement like this make any mention from ESPN - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• mayjay said:

KirkIsMyHinrich said:

There’s a ton of good stuff on ESPN+ to watch, including KU women who seem to be quite a bit better this year so far. Not challenging for the B12 good, but should be able to make the NCAA Tournament good. There’s also soccer from international leagues along with MLS, NHL, NBA, other college games from non P5 leagues. I didn’t think I’d keep it, but I’ve used it pretty regularly and think it’s a pretty good deal.

• @Bwag grimes hit his throws

• @jayballer73 and w/out students

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I watched our first fb game and watched ku Vb and ku soccer, pretty cheap! I have cox so I get all the bb games.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 If I didn’t already have PSVUE I’d consider it.

• BShark said:

@Texas-Hawk-10 If I didn’t already have PSVUE I’d consider it.

I don’t live in Kansas or KC, I don’t get KC channels, I have to have it for KU games which was my initial reason for getting it. However, I started watching other stuff and it’s definitely worth the $5 a month for all of other content on there that’s not on national TV.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 The next time I pay to watch soccer would be my first… But it would be good for fans who watch that and other things you mentioned. Not moi, however!

• Not sure if anyone remembers but a week ago we lost at ASU who just lost to Princeton in the same gym.

• mayjay said:

@Texas-Hawk-10 The next time I pay to watch soccer would be my first… But it would be good for fans who watch that and other things you mentioned. Not moi, however!

You’re missing out. It took me a long time to get into soccer, but it really is a lot of fun once you get into it. I wouldn’t recommend MLS as a start though because it is a 3rd tier soccer league compared to the big 4 in Europe (Premier League in England, La Liga in Spain, Bundesliga in Germany, and Serie A in Italy).

I would also recommend watching the Women’s World Cup next summer as a way to get into it as well. US Women are one of the most dominant nations in women’s soccer and there’s much less flopping and overacting in women’s soccer which is one of big knocks by most fans against men’s soccer.

It’s also a lot of fun to go to in person. If you’re in the KC area, Chidren’s Mercy is a really nice stadium and one of the best environments in MLS. Sporting KC is also usually one of the top teams in MLS on a yearly basis so it’s a good team unlike what I have down here in Houston. Ticket prices are comparable to Royals games as well so it’s not insanely expensive like Chiefs games are.

• wissox said:

Not sure if anyone remembers but a week ago we lost at ASU who just lost to Princeton in the same gym.

Hmmmmm

• @mayjay @Texas-Hawk-10 If I wanted to watch someone struggle to score for 90 minutes, I’d take my friends to the bar lol. Baseball is almost as bad when a pitchers duel. I stopped playing baseball after my freshman year tho I lettered in it. I played all 3 positions in the field and had multiple games where zero balls came my way. It was a complete waste of time IMO.

• @kjayhawks @Texas-Hawk-10 T Perfectly willing to watch big event soccer like World Cup–but not interested in paying. As to Euro soccer I just cannot fathom American interest.

• kjayhawks said:

@mayjay @Texas-Hawk-10 If I wanted to watch someone struggle to score for 90 minutes, I’d take my friends to the bar lol. Baseball is almost as bad when a pitchers duel. I stopped playing baseball after my freshman year tho I lettered in it. I played all 3 positions in the field and had multiple games where zero balls came my way. It was a complete waste of time IMO.

I’ll agree that baseball can be very slow paced and extremely boring at times because of how much down time there is during a game.

Soccer may not be high scoring, but there is always something going on during a match. I really would highly recommend checking out a match in person at some point because it is a lot of fun and a great atmosphere.

• mayjay said:

@kjayhawks @Texas-Hawk-10 T Perfectly willing to watch big event soccer like World Cup–but not interested in paying. As to Euro soccer I just cannot fathom American interest.

Top leagues in Europe are where the vast majority of the top players in world play so the quality of play is much better than in MLS. MLS has made some serious strides in the 25 or so years the league has been around, it it still has a long ways to go to even be a top 10 league in the world. The number US national team players based in MLS instead of Europe is a huge reason why the national team is average at best.

• A couple decades ago I had a roommate who was big into soccer. Even with his day to day excitement about the sport I still couldn’t muster the least bit of interest. It’s like a more boring version of hockey without fights and I don’t like hockey. Nah I’ll stick to KU basketball year round.