Discount Double Transfer Game Thread

• @Big-Clyde52 I think you missed the point of my post.

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

Grimes was fouled on the 3, Remy threw Marcus down at half court

Dotson and Dave both took shots to the head that weren’t called.

• Upside: At least that one AP asshat voter from Grand Rapids will move us into the top 25 since we have now played a true road game. Moving up!

• @BShark Eh. The refs sucked, but so did KU in the second half.

• dylans said:

@BShark Eh. The refs sucked, but so did KU in the second half.

Yeah, I am willing to assign equal blame. Refs, KU players and Self.

• @jayballer73 Like my other post said, I don’t care about being #1 now. Bragging rights do not win championships. It just puts a bigger target on your back. Like we really need that!!! Just get everyone healthy and set our sights on another Big12 crown. Then see what happens in March and April.

• I’m kinda upset Grimes only seems to play hard when scouts are in town. He and Vick must have a personal contest on who could throw up the most ridiculous shots. I love how Walton was complaining about that travel, which it clearly was by the way and then didn’t have the balls to says jack about a weak carry on Dedric. Maybe we just shouldn’t play pac12 teams anymore lol. I not surprised we lost just disappointed to lead for over 37 minutes and give it away.

• Well I like being 1, and I can’t stand Hurley! Do we play them again next year?

• @Crimsonorblue22 I’m pretty sure that was the return game.

• @dylans just a 2 game deal?

• @Crimsonorblue22 I think so. All I see is Duke, Nova and Stanford on the 19-20 non-con so far.

• @dylans I may have. Sorry. I am pretty emotional right now. Just can not stand the sloppy play. The refs may have been bad, but that does not make us make bad passes and other stupid mistakes. I said before if we had scored on just one third of our TO’s, we would have won by 15. No more excuses.

• @dylans how long is that Stanford deal?

• I commented how their bench really hurt us last year and it did the same again tonight. Our bench had 5 point and theirs 26. Charlie Moore is just a complete waste of space if he’s no hitting 3s, he has not net gain in every other aspect of the game.

• @Big-Clyde52 It’s cool. I’m just saying I don’t want Duke to be numero uno. 🤮

• @dylans Especially in April.

• We knew they were gonna get bit eventually. Terrible sloppiness and just plain lazy defense. Probably the least fundamentally sound team in quite a few years. There’s time to fix it, but it’s just plain ugly and has been and the truth is we’re probably fortunate to be ahead of 500 right now as it is. May be a harsh reality. But it simply is reality. Can blame officials or injury or the NCAA or whatever. Doesn’t change the fact

• @kjayhawks We have no bench that can score. The game before is happening only once or twice a season. I was shocked that Garrett hit so many FT’s tonight. Usually about 50%.

• WOW we shot only 41% overall and 25% from three and only lost by 4 lousy points. It sure seemed like we had more than 16 turnovers, which I believe lost the game as much as the shooting woes.

• FT’s were the difference down the stretch. ASU shot 32 of then to KU’s 16. There were also a couple of missed calls that went ASU’s way late that had a huge impact as well. A missed travel on ASU when the were pulling closer and Grimes got fouled on the 3 that he air balled and the refs didn’t call it.

The officiating in this game was horrendous, but ASU was the more aggressive team once Lawson picked up his 4th foul and KU couldn’t adjust. Lawson is KU’s offense and until KU gets develops a reliable second and third option, KU won’t blow decent teams out, let alone good teams.

Dotson is getting closer to being that second option, but KU desperately needs Grimes to get going. I’ll also tell everyone right now what his problem is. Texas HS basketball is garbage, especially the Houston area where Grimes came out of. The AAU scene sucks here so it’s rare to see elite players come out of Texas ready to make a huge impact right out of the gate unless they leave the state to go to a prep school somewhere else that’s more competitive.

Vick and Moore are also both very streaky players and are not reliable to get points every night. Garrett, like Grimes, is a product of the poor Texas HS scene.

McCormack just isn’t ready yet to be anything more than a guy getting put backs as a means offense and Lightfoot is Lightfoot, he’s in there for his defense.

KU needs Doke back and us really missing DeSousa because he could’ve been that consistent offensive threat off the bench KU needs.

• This game is nothing more than who we are right now. We’ve shown great character in winning close games but in true road games, the close game thing is more risky.

We’re not at full strength. But concerning is the negligible stat line contributions from the bench.

We have hope to get much better. A realistic chance of being much better.

I just think this is a team that can pick up steam late as guys progress.

The Achilles heel is our bench (Moore, KJ, Lightfoot, McCormack). Adding Doke moves Garrett to that role which he’s more suited for.

We should all sleep well. We have a team with upside.

SDS. Join us.

• Oh my. We shoulda won that game by 20. What an odd finish. Pretty good 37 minutes, followed by an unusually un-poised 3 minutes. I believe Self just took the blame for a few of the cluster effs where we had guys running into each other in the final few minutes. That was unsightly. How the hell did we lose? Mainly because they started triple teaming Lawson and the bench crapped the bed I guess. We sure need a more consistent presence other than D. Lawson. That won’t be too hard to game-plan against in the tourney. Maybe Dok when he returns. Grimes. Sigh. I feel the need to repeat myself (sorry): I’m not sure i’ve ever seen a guy more chicken shit to take it strong to the rim. It’s like you can see him starting to do math in his head when he gets the ball near the basket. not smooth. And his passing…two feet away and he’s zipping 100MPH fastballs face-high. I’m going to consider this game a win. Still have no clue how we lost. Seriously. Did any of you think we’d lose at halftime?

• @jayhawkcsg I was worried at halftime because we had an 8 pt lead that should have been at least 12 based on how it seemed we outplayed them. I was worried that our missed opportunities could come back to bite us. Didn’t feel right.

• Big Clyde52 said:

@kjayhawks We have no bench that can score. The game before is happening only once or twice a season. I was shocked that Garrett hit so many FT’s tonight. Usually about 50%.

Overall we shot nearly 94% crazy.