I'm Not Saying I Told You So Yet

• Charlie Tharpe or Naadir Moore?

• Charlies 3 point shooting form = Doke’s free throw form.

• 1 month of Moore isn’t enough time to tell. He seems to force the issue too much, you know sort of like Frank Mason used to do all the time. Frank worked out pretty well as I recall. I’m not saying Charlie is going to be the next Frank Mason either. It’s almost like you’re gleeful when he fails @BShark.

• @BShark Naadir cost us games. What’s our record? Bad comparison.

• BTW, it was interesting to me that Q pointed out in his after game interview that the team ran some “stuff” for him. he essentially credited the “stuff” we ran for him as a reason why his game took off last night. Vewwy interesting… was Q signaling something that is going on behind the scenes? I think so.

• @KUSTEVE the interview I saw he said they ran an oop for him. Nothing to see here.

• @KUSTEVE I doubt there is a ton to that, Self and him knew what to expect from each other at the USA games. If it’s bad I’d rather just move on from him and not play him again.

• KUSTEVE said:

@BShark Naadir cost us games. What’s our record? Bad comparison.

If Moore played 29.4 minutes a game what do you think KU’s record would be? Thankfully, there are better options on the roster.

Also it’s fine to have Tharpe/Moore level guys they just need to be bench guys.

• @BShark I remember watching the ou game Tharpe “won” for us. We celebrated big 12 championship win that pm, glad I was there. Holly interviewed tharpe after the game.

• @KUSTEVE

I seem to recall Tharpe winning a few games for KU as well. Tharpe’s issues were primarily off the court but ended up costing hims his spot on the team.

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

@BShark I remember watching the ou game Tharpe “won” for us. We celebrated big 12 championship win that pm, glad I was there. Holly interviewed tharpe after the game.

Yes, that is the one I was thinking. We should remember both, the good and the bad.

• BShark said:

KJ is Kevin Young basically.

Let’s hope he can become KY, but with his thicker body.

I think within the next couple weeks we will see more of the guys sort of find a role on this team.

• @JayHawkFanToo As long as there was no defensive pressure, Naadir could light them up. Any defensive pressure, and he would wilt. Eastern Kentucky.

• BShark said:

Has Chuck seen a shot he doesn’t like?

Chuckie has watched Kobe video’s apparently

• nuleafjhawk said:

Charlies 3 point shooting form = Doke’s free throw form.

Ouch, but agree

• The reality of Moore is, he’s the same guy he was at Cal. He’d be valuable in the rotation if he could hit open 3 point shots. So far his 3 ball looks about as good as Garrett’s. I believe there will be games that his spark plug offensive style will help us

• Charlie will be fine. I predict he will get untracked, and start swishing 3s. i predict you folks dogging on him will be eating crow at some point.

• @BeddieKU23

Several KU players have indicated Moore is the best 3 point shooter on the team. Ha has been coming in as a backup and has not had a chance to get in rhythm quite yet. There will be games when he is in the zone and hits several.

This team is still a work in progress and trying to find its identity, we have seen glimpses of what it can do when it has the right lineup and hitting on all cylinders. Unlike last year when the option were very limited, this year the options are numerous and it is a question of finding the optimal lineup to use at the right time against the opponent at hand. Good problem to have… 😄

• This team is still struggling to figure out how to compliment each other best. We have yet to really have Azuibuke, D. Lawson, Grimes, and Dotson all playing well at the same time. That’s what’s really limiting this team right now. We can’t get our best guys on track at the same time.

And that doesn’t consider that our best perimeter players (Dotson, Grimes, Vick) have not all hit at the same time. That is coming eventually.

• KUSTEVE said:

@JayHawkFanToo As long as there was no defensive pressure, Naadir could light them up. Any defensive pressure, and he would wilt. Eastern Kentucky.

On point.

• BeddieKU23 said:

The reality of Moore is, he’s the same guy he was at Cal. He’d be valuable in the rotation if he could hit open 3 point shots. So far his 3 ball looks about as good as Garrett’s. I believe there will be games that his spark plug offensive style will help us

I definitely thought he would be better than this from three.

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

The reality of Moore is, he’s the same guy he was at Cal. He’d be valuable in the rotation if he could hit open 3 point shots. So far his 3 ball looks about as good as Garrett’s. I believe there will be games that his spark plug offensive style will help us

He is a better shooter then he’s shown. I’ve just been surprised how badly he’s missed some of these shots. He has a lot of value in the rotation if he can make 35-40% from 3.

• @JayHawkFanToo

I know Moore will make shots and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the best 3 point shooter on this team with the roster we have. He needs to start hitting them, especially the wide open one’s. I would like to see him look for teammates when he drives to the hoop as well. You see shades of freshman Frank in his decision making on those drives.

• BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

He is a better shooter then he’s shown. I’ve just been surprised how badly he’s missed some of these shots. He has a lot of value in the rotation if he can make 35-40% from 3.

Agree and I hope you are right. He can REALLY help this team if he gets it to 40%.

• @BeddieKU23

…and Sherron as well, he would drive full blast the base line and get trapped there…