Probably down - -but NOT out lol

• well sure is looking not good for the home team ( ME ). - Will find out here pretty quick I’m suppose to find out on the 1st of March - possibly/probably going to have a total knee replacement, I AM NOT really looking forward to that.

Totally new territory for me - -have heard going to put me down for a spell but everyone says as long as I do my therapy afterwards it’s a pretty common procedure and lots have had it done and helps a lot.

I had the 2 surgeries on it when I tore my MCL & LCL - -then I re tore my MCL again - -so they took it completely out, - still having trouble with it a year and a half later and I know that I shouldn’t still be having problems with my knee that long after my surgeries. - -have pretty sufficient pain/ache around my knee cap at different times and the feels like pressure around my knee cap most the time - -I’ve also have fell like 4 times my knee just lockup and buckle - so I know something not just sure what but something IS NOT ight.

The Doctor is worried about the Cartlidge in my knee Sooo come the 1st of March I will find out - had an MRI done -he says depending on the severity chances are we could be looking at a total knee replacement - that bites - -but it is what it is, so I might be out a bit- - -ya ya I know that will really upset you all not having me to stir up trouble but hey - I might surprise you still be able to make it to my key board lol -Anyways wish me luck - - I can do this even at 64 yrs old lol - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY ONG BABY

• @jayballer73 Good luck. I have been lucky to never have knee problems, or back problems. Might be because my ankles collapse whenever anything happens like the crumple zones on modern cars.

Good news: You used the phrase “put me down” due to your knee but they don’t do that to humans. (Yet.) You are safe.

• Just be diligent about the rehab exercises and you will be a-okay. The stiffness after the surgery will be something you have to work out for around a year, then it gets easier. Stay active, an exercise bike would be nice for your recovery phase. Best of luck!

• Ouch

• mayjay said:

@jayballer73 Good luck. I have been lucky to never have knee problems, or back problems. Might be because my ankles collapse whenever anything happens like the crumple zones on modern cars.

Good news: You used the phrase “put me down” due to your knee but they don’t do that to humans. (Yet.) You are safe.

Roflmao-- ya I guess your right huh - -didn.t even really think about that lol -ya so that is good news - -might be better f they did put me down - just take me to some pasture lol. - I mean it’s not 100% this is what’s happening but every sign sure pointing that way.

It’s just like right now just lt’s pressure around my knee cap - I didn’t realize you have more the one menicious - cause when they told me I might of tore it -I said UMMM no - -because they too that all out in my 2nd surgery cause I had re -tore it - -he says well you have a inner - -And an outer - -so great lol,

I’ve been really blessed - - -not really , 3 back surgeries - -have degenerative disc’s that’s what put me on my disability ask my doc after my last one if I could go back to work - - he ask me what I did again, I told him and he said - - NOPE - - YOUR DONE - your back is basically shot - I says great - so now I have titanium screws in my back well 1st I had stainless steel then when they went back in they put the titanium screws in - -and have a spacer in my side. - - plus these 2 knee surgeries.

After my 2nd surgery they took a piece of bone from my hip and put it in my spine - -and took a bone from a and I know I’m not spelling this right but bare with me but a sterile piece of bone from a cadavor and put it in my hip. - -My dam butt cheek/hip hurt worse then my back. I asked the Doc why he couldn’t just take the bone from the cadaver and put it In my spine and leave my dam hip alone.

He said because my body was already use to my bone from my hip – while the other bone while sterile could still be rejected by my body - -Super - -so ya - -I’m a mess lol. but ya your right at least they not putting me down

That’s good cause they did that I wouldn’t be able to give you guys crap - get you all worked up lol – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• dylans said:

Just be diligent about the rehab exercises and you will be a-okay. The stiffness after the surgery will be something you have to work out for around a year, then it gets easier. Stay active, an exercise bike would be nice for your recovery phase. Best of luck!

Thank you for that – the information - - have you had a knee replacement? - - dang it takes that long to work out the stiffness? - I knew they said it would set me back for awhile. - BUT it’s ok I gotta do - -what I gotta do , if this is what it takes - -then let’s do this - -get it over with and get back on the road to recovery. - - I appreciate the tip - -IF this does turn out - and I feel like this is what’s going to happen - just have to take one day at a time. - -get out and exercise as soon as possible - -I know there will be re-hab for sure. – Thanks my friend. – ROCKCHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• BShark said:

Ouch

YA that’s what I’m thinking lol - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Good luck man. If it makes you feel any better, my 85 year old grandpa has had both knees done and he gets around pretty darn well still for an 85 year old. To top it off, the man is a giant. 6’7 250 lbs probably. So they really do wonders. Just suck for a little while.

Anyhow, good luck my man.

• @Kcmatt7 Thanks I appreciate that. - It’s not set in concrete yet - but sure looking that way and I appreciate it - -like I say have my appointment on the 1st of March will find out then what’s going down - but like I say - if that is what it is - -so be it ya know?

True everyone I’ve talked to has had some pretty positive feedback about getting it done - -said the one’s they knew that had it was really happy they had had it done - hope that’s how it is for me.

Glad it turned out well for your Grandpa hope I do as well - -thanks again my friend - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 Thank God for orthopedists!

And it sounds like they are saying, “Thank God for @jayballer73!”

• @jayballer73 Not me, but my boss did two years ago. He’s getting along great, but the stiffness returns if he gets too sedentary in the winter months.

• mayjay said:

@jayballer73 Thank God for orthopedists!

And it sounds like they are saying, “Thank God for @jayballer73!”

Oh ya they real happy to see me lol. - - Ha when at first I seen another doctor - - he dealt with knees but dealt more directly with the menicous -he done his x-rays and came back and says - well I wish I could tell you knee’s looked worse but you have some nice legs- -I thought to myself - -WHOA hold up pander - I don’t need you telling me how nice my knee’s look lol. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY