Is today the day? (Preston & De Sousa)

• per scott chasen, do I need to give credit here? Im honestly not sure

• Jayrawks1 said:

per scott chasen, do I need to give credit here? Im honestly not sure

Your good!

• Self is up

• @BeddieKU23 why oh why do we keep believing ugh. same story, just like the Chiefs lol

• Bill Self: No news on Preston or De Sousa. Confident that news is coming soon, though not necessarily today.

Talk about having an entire fan-base on a swivel

• Agh, y’all remember when Bagley reclassified and was cleared like literally instantly. The B12 and KU just don’t make enough money for the NCAA to give two shits. Remember Terrance Jones at UK had a fancy car that weeks later claimed to be purchased by his grandmother. SMH Adidas send the NCAA money and have a tournament!

• @kjayhawks “literally instantly”?

• I just heard there will be news tomorrow. Can’t give you my source.

• Your source could be Bill Self himself and I still wouldn’t believe it.

• Well… I was hopeful for at least “any second now”. 😊

• @chriz “Bill Self himself”. That sounds funny. Lol

• @cragarhawk yeah i thought so too, didn’t know how else to say it lol

• @kjayhawks

Literally apples and oranges.

• @HighEliteMajor You should go work for ESPN.

• 810 reported yesterday Billy was driving a newer Dodge Charger valued at more then 21k when all this started. First I had heard this about the mystery car. Since it’s an American car and not a bmw, he should have only had to sit 5 games. That must be why bill is so pissed. “16 games for a crappy American car? This is an outrage!” -HCBS

First part true, second part (historical?) fiction.

Incidentally, my first car ever was the Dodge Charger 2.2 in high school. Believe me, it had no muscle.

• @BeddieKU23

I see Billy’s chances of playing abroad at ZERO. It is a million times more complicated than being here in Lawrence, where he is babied on everything.

I don’t see Billy wanting to give up his McDonald’s fries for a boiled squid and smelly cheese. (lol)

I missed where his mom was attacked by fans. If that happened, I expect it to be some antlers still hanging around. They would do that.

I got frustrated with Billy’s mom when she attacked Kansas fans. That created a wedge between the Preston’s and Kansas… a bad thing. That invited the wedge to gap further. I didn’t have an impression of Billy’s mom until then, and it became a negative impression.

Man… I’ve been reading some pretty negative KU fan stuff recently. Fans are feeling lost with this team and they are venting aggression. It is starting to get ugly with focus becoming illogical and going negative.

Many fans are venting on our compliance department. “They screwed around and took more than a month before filing anything on Billy.” What? So I guess Self lied to us. Pretty obvious it took this time because they were waiting for documentation, too… from whatever sources it need to come from. I’m pretty sure our compliance department didn’t see a benefit in slowing this down. Talk about illogical nonsense…

This team is going to make us all show some patience. Fans should be careful what they say (to some degree) because we have no idea what level of play this team is going to be at in March. It is clear we have a great chance of improving a lot all through the time period of now through March. I’m pretty sure we will pick up at least one of these bigs. And if we don’t… at least we know and we can stop using our missing bigs as a crutch and face the reality that THIS is our team!

• @drgnslayr

We have some really bad fans. It’s everywhere unfortunately. I get the frustrations but some take it too far.

I get his mom was fed up but she just had to become the 1% that speaks up and makes the headlines. That’s my issue with the matter. I don’t believe Preston will be playing anywhere but in the USA. He’s a really talented player and we have missed seeing how good he could have been here. We got some glimpses in those exhibition games and then nothing.

I want the distraction to be gone from both the team and the players. The NCAA can help us in that regard. Winning games helps cure everything, at least to some extent in the meantime. We are a team with flaws, maybe more flaws then we are used to. I’m still excited to see how Self gets this group to play every game and see if there is more we are still searching for. We haven’t peaked and if the players can get to that point we might all find some satisfaction in this season.

• 0_1515527822913_wow.jpg

• @BeddieKU23

I want the distractions gone, too. But I want the struggle to count for something. I want this to be a mountain we climbed as a team, and as a fan base. Let’s all struggle together and get stronger from it!

What this team needs to learn is we are a great team even WITHOUT post depth! We need a positive image and identity NOW! Adding two rookie post players isn’t going to make us a great team. They just won’t. We need to be a great team that just adds another piece or two to help.

Our players/coaches/fans need to realize that this is only a distraction because we have CHOSEN to make it a distraction!

Come on… let’s get real. This is a walk in the park compared to 2012 and the losses of Thomas Robinson. You want to talk about a distraction! That was it! Yet… our guys found a way to focus… found a way to feed off of it… found a way to come together as a team!

We didn’t have a single McD’s AA on that team and we almost beat a team full of them, and would have if they didn’t have their freak unibrow in the post!

We have oodles more talent now than in 2012. It isn’t even close… yet we choose to make this a distraction and make this a crutch. And we have chosen our identity as a team without post depth, instead of what we really are… a team STUFFED with talent!

• @drgnslayr

Excellent stuff.

Self is still trying to toughen this team up. The Tech loss fueled the TCU win in my opinion. I think we saw Devonte toughen up in that TCU game and a few of his comrades fed off that energy (Svi & Mitch). As you’ve been stating all year Devonte has to lead by example every game. We lose when he doesn’t set the tone for the game. We lose when we don’t defend, we lose when we don’t rebound as a unit.

Now in regard to the guys we don’t have. It’s hard for the players to see it how we do when they are with them 24/7. Preston and De Sousa are battling in practice. Self said those guys took a majority of the reps last week under the assumption they would be playing. Miscalculated move by Self? Shady dealings by the NCAA making false promises? Whatever it is this team is still in transition. There’s no closure until the NCAA provides it. We don’t know what life is like with them.

I still believe we have yet to see this team gel. Last years squad it was easier for them. Guys knew their job. We have so many guys still trying to find their way and that’s created the flaws we see. We thought we had the best collection of guards, they still haven’t proven that. Those guys have more to give. When that unit clicks that’s when this team improves the most. Here’s to Self battling to make this team what he wants it to be and what it needs to be

• @BeddieKU23

I think we just get twisted up in too much “logic.”

We have no post depth because WE decided we don’t.

Svi is considered a guard… but he is 6’8" and should have plenty of strength to play the 4. Gosh… young Lightfoot gets criticized for working in the post and he is the same size or smaller in girth than Svi.

Our team philosophy is wrong. And I mentioned this before… this is part of most legend basketball programs… until they figure this out and heal to become a much better team (and future teams).

We play the “codependency” game. We chuck players into roles… and usually that means taking a backseat until they are seniors. Devonte is a perfect example. Finally… this is HIS team. So he carries all the burden and the other guys just go along for the ride.

Last year, Devonte was going along for the ride when it was Frank’s team.

We look for opportunities to have crutches. We don’t put RESPONSIBILITY on every player! We just don’t. We mumble some bologna that we do… but we don’t!

This year… if we lose the streak… it will be Devonte’s fault. Not Vick’s. Not Svi’s. Etc etc etc.

Right now we are sputtering along for many reasons… a big reason is Vick has just gone invisible. Might as well. It isn’t HIS team!

This philosophy isn’t and wasn’t Self’s. He inherited it with our program. It has been conditioned into everyone… because this is the way it always was with legacy programs. They ran JV squads and you EARNED your way up to varsity.

Did you watch Alabama/Georgia last night? The National Championship completely really decided by freshmen. Alabama got wise and went with the freshman Hawaiian in the second half and made it a totally different game!

One more reason for us to NOT land a player like Trae Young. The guy really needed to step right in and run things. He wouldn’t have been given this much leash at Kansas. No way. He can’t! We can’t disrespect all our returning players who have fought to earn their spots… blah blah blah.

We have codependent situations all over the place. We could easily experience this season in a full-blown collapse. Since we have decided all the weight of our success is on Devonte… he may just MELTDOWN! Devonte is NOT Frank! And I love Frank, but I see a lot more potential with Devonte! But now we need Devonte to just step up and score most of the points now because this is HIS team! He has to do whatever…

I’m not against Devonte shooting… man… he really needs to get a lot of open treys up. And he needs to drive and create opportunities. But he will never be a Frank Mason, who treated his PG position like a running back in football.

If you want to know WHY we almost won a National Championship in 2012 without a single McDs AA… it is because TRob’s situation created a reset. Our guys came together as ONE! Because of that… there were no more status levels. EVERY player became responsible… not just the seniors or point guards.

• Waiting for BP to get cleared is ya might say like waiting on the 2nd coming of Jesus. 😂

• Seems more likely Silvio will be cleared before with his paperwork in now

• Read from another site ( KU recruiting thread site ) - A friend of mine had posted on there, he was listening to Radio 610 this morning and Bob Fescoe was reporting that he had talked to someone on the inside at KU and they said that the thing with Billy goes WAY DEEPER then the car.

Says they are investigating some people in Billy family - - said this is probably why his mama went off about the NCAA getting in her business on twitter.

I myself have thought for awhile now - -there has got to be more to this then just the car , it just doesn’t add up if it was just about the car - hope it’s wrong but I just don’t know - -guess maybe sometime we will find out. - Were all wanting them to hurry up and tell us what they determine - - gonna kick us right square in our most important area of our male anatomy - ya I know not spelt right - -but right square in the chones - when they deliver the decision and declare him ineligible after all this time. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @Jayballer54

Considering how long it has taken, it seems plausible. I posted before I believed that if he is not cleared by the first day of school (16th?) there is a good chance he loads up the Charger and leaves, only 11 games left after that.