Holiday Hoops

• @HawkChamp Defintely looked different. Gave up the outside shots. Duke made all the FTs given them from the foul-fest.

• JayHawkFanToo said:

Duke just got away with an offensive foul under the Florida basket.

I find their fouls very offensive, but? After a reb?

• Carter should have had his 5th foul on that one. Wouldn’t wanna play any of the final four teams in the PK80 if the tournament was today.(maybe unc… Depends on the day). Good news is that can change. The tournament is not today 😋

• @cragarhawk we don’t even have all our players yet!

• @mayjay

My Sling ESPN runs 30-40 seconds behind so you are probably thinking of a different play. I was referring to the Duke player driving, shoving the defender out of the way and feeding Bagley for the score.

• @HawkChamp which is part of why I said not today. We will see if that changes or not. Many unanswered ? Right now

• KirkIsMyHinrich said:

Duke started making 3’s too (now 7-12). I don’t know if any team can beat Duke when they are making their 3’s.

I hear you. Duke is going to be really tough. - - I can’t stand Trippy McTripperson but the kid can drain the 3.

Just a pretty hard mix - -I mean stopping Bagley, really fluid, for sure all the hype on him was the real deal - which I pretty well already knew.

So someone help me out cause I don’t know - -what is there weakness? - or do they really have one. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @JayHawkFanToo I was trying to be funny because I thought Duke’s offensive fouls were generally under their own basket. But it was late, I am old, and it isn’t wildly amusing, is it? 👎

• @KirkIsMyHinrich Agree, it’s even doubly true with Duke. They are so good inside. Their only real shooting threat is Tripper. So if Tripper is making threes or…even worse some of their other guys are hitting threes just forget about it.

Also wow UNC…didn’t break 50… MSU is tough to deal with.

• Boy that was some collapse by Florida.

Florida is very similar to KU, 4 guard offense. Not a ton of post players but they have options. They score easy and make 3’s. Dangerous team when things are clicking. They have not defended well and against Duke they certainly let them back in it.

UNC was exposed a ton against Michigan St. Obviously if you don’t make shots it looks worse.

Gonzaga is better then I thought they would be especially this early.

Arizona misses Alkins badly. They will be so much better with him in the lineup. Ayton is absurdly talented. Imagine that pairing with Doke. PG play to me is the reason they are not good right now. At the same time they don’t look like a team that wants to play together right now. It’s the Trier and Ayton show for the scouts and nobody else

Purdue is still a very tough team when they make shots efficiently.

How good is Arizona St? Asking because we play them soon. Put a whooping on Xavier and got 91 points from 4 guards! 91 of their 102 from guards. The posts played 50+ minutes and had 11 points combined. I didn’t expect that at all.

• @BeddieKU23 Actually, Florida collapsed twice. They also let Duke climb back into the game after being down 14 after just a few minutes into the first half. I stopped watching then, and started again almost an hour later when I saw Florida up by 14 with 12 to go in the 2nd.

It should count as two losses.

• Banned

The scary thing about the Shockers is their depth. I think they go like 12 deep. Marsha plays them all. He has a lot of fouls to give and options to change the flow of the game.

• @mayjay

Good point. It was a bad loss. I know we would be really upset if that was KU that blew the lead against them. The difference maker for Duke is Bagley. Duval has also been an upgrade for them at the PG position but without Bagley this team would be similar to last season’s squad. Because of Bagley Tripper can pick and choose which games he chooses to show up for.

• DoubleDD said:

The scary thing about the Shockers is their depth. I think they go like 12 deep. Marsha plays them all. He has a lot of fouls to give and options to change the flow of the game.

They do have a ton of depth. Getting arguably their best overall player back (Mcduffie) will give them 10 guys to mix and match.

• How in the world did Florida manage to lose? Here I was thinking we got robbed in the sec/ big12 challenge. I wanted Florida, but not if they’re chokers. So Was Duke that good down the stretch or Florida that bad?

• @dylans Florida bad, lost the ball off the dribble, twice. Bagley a man! Dukes D not great.

• Think about it, Bagley was supposed to still be in High School…maybe as a teacher? He looks like he is at least in his mid 20s. Only other player I have seen that looked older was old man Oden.

• And in other news… the amazing Fizzou streak continues… love it!

Mizzou turns over title game to West Virginia. “Tough one. Tough one,” Missouri coach Cuonzo Martin said. “I thought our guys did a lot of really good things. They competed hard and made plays for each other. For the most part they took care of the ball except for that late stretch for four minutes or so.”

The Tigers were trying to beat a ranked opponent for the first time since Dec. 7, 2013, when Frank Haith’s team beat No. 18 UCLA. Instead, the skid reached 19. Mizzou comes back to Orlando on Thursday to play Central Florida.

• @JayHawkFanToo Funny! I remember thinking Lebron looked like a 30 year old when he entered the League.

• JayHawkFanToo said:

Think about it, Bagley was supposed to still be in High School…maybe as a teacher? He looks like he is at least in his mid 20s. Only other player I have seen that looked older was old man Oden.

They are the reason we still get carded in our 30s. 😂

• @mayjay

LeBron did not play college…

• @BShark The tears on your smiley do not belong to you youngsters. They rightfully belong to those of us who could be in our 30’s twice over…our next times of being carded will be at Medicare-friendly facilities.

• @JayHawkFanToo Who said he did? And your post only referred to Oden as a “player,” not as a college player. So, your point is…?

• @mayjay

My comment was about a player that would still be in High School that lookes too old for even college, much like Oden did. LeBron is/was not part of that narrative since he went straight to the NBA.

• @JayHawkFanToo Virtually the same age. Actually, the NBA was quaking in his boots when he considered trying to enter the draft when he was 17–and he still looked older than Oden ever did. (Contrast our youngest–Svi at 16 looked, maybe, 17.)