Michael Porter Jr Likely Out For Year

• Non-KU but relevant whenit includes Missouri.

Back Injury likely forcing Porter out for the year. Gotta protect the goods. 3-4 month recovery

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21505145/missouri-freshman-forward-michael-porter-jr-likely-miss-remainder-season

Unfortunate for the player.

Sorry, not sorry for the program

• @BeddieKU23 Ya posted about this in general discussion. - Back surgery L-3 - L-4. - I feel sorry for the kid. - -I’ve had 3 back surgeries myslef Now have titanium screws in my back and spacer in my side. These surgeries was in the ending my undoing for disability so wishing nothing but the best for him in the future. - takes about 3-4 months recovery. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BeddieKU23 Does he still get the money promised if he was hurt? Is Misery still going to pay him?

• Tough break for @elpoyo

• Let’s focus on Missouri for a moment. Just Missouri.

Isn’t this what MU is all about? The … getting … so … close? The rushing field, only to have a ref say, “not so fast, my friend” (Flea kicker). To have its greatest season ever, only to drop a first round game to lowly Norfolk St. And, of course, on the verge of the CFB championship game, only to get drubbed back into their pathetic existence. It’s like Stipo pulled out a gun and shot Porter himself (accidentally, of course). We knew it was coming. Oh, the crackers be shakin’ for sure – shakin’ from withdrawal. A season’s death comes like this. In an ESPN alert. It used to come when MU would somehow, someway, figure out how to lose short of the Final Four in every year of its century plus existence on the court. Even Holy Cross, Dartmouth, Duquesne, Santa Clara, and other powerhouses have found their ways to the Final Four. But not MU. And not this season, either. The Antlers won’t be crackin’ any Natty lights with Eustachy over this one. Paige Are … er, Mizzou arena might have a few empty seats (few defined as, like, all).

This is why the rivalry is oh, so good. MU has it right there. On its fingertips. The excitement. The anticipation. And it is unceremoniously yanked away from the Tiger hordes. We can just sit back and take it all in.

Oh, and right, sorry for the kid. But look, he signed with MU, it’s almost like he brought it on himself.

• @HighEliteMajor

Lucky for them they squeaked a 5 point win over Emporia State last night. Add the Porter news and its a nice little week for the fans

• Yah, terrible news for the kid. I feel bad for him.

I guess we wait and see if he goes for a medical “rouge smoking jacket” as @jaybate-1-0 so eloquently puts it. If he does, he’ll be back. If not, he’ll be in the draft.

I mean, I really don’t care about MU the institution, the school, the team. But yah, I feel bad for the kid.

• HighEliteMajor said:

Let’s focus on Missouri for a moment. Just Missouri.

Isn’t this what MU is all about? The … getting … so … close? The rushing field, only to have a ref say, “not so fast, my friend” (Flea kicker). To have its greatest season ever, only to drop a first round game to lowly Norfolk St. And, of course, on the verge of the CFB championship game, only to get drubbed back into their pathetic existence. It’s like Stipo pulled out a gun and shot Porter himself (accidentally, of course). We knew it was coming. Oh, the crackers be shakin’ for sure – shakin’ from withdrawal. A season’s death comes like this. In an ESPN alert. It used to come when MU would somehow, someway, figure out how to lose short of the Final Four in every year of its century plus existence on the court. Even Holy Cross, Dartmouth, Duquesne, Santa Clara, and other powerhouses have found their ways to the Final Four. But not MU. And not this season, either. The Antlers won’t be crackin’ any Natty lights with Eustachy over this one. Paige Are … er, Mizzou arena might have a few empty seats (few defined as, like, all).

This is why the rivalry is oh, so good. MU has it right there. On its fingertips. The excitement. The anticipation. And it is unceremoniously yanked away from the Tiger hordes. We can just sit back and take it all in.

Oh, and right, sorry for the kid. But look, he signed with MU, it’s almost like he brought it on himself.

——————-

Definitive Fizzourah PHOF!!!

• Fizzourah—a state of incompetence!

• Banned

Man I feel bad for the kid. Yet He chose MU? Really?

MU? How much did he get paid? Or the better question how much did his Dad get paid?

Grinding an axe here so bare with me. Some claim MU is KU’s natural rivalry? How is that? When KU has kicked the crap out of MU. Win/loses don’t lie. KU has kicked the crap out of MU. They only thing that remotely makes MU and KU a rivalry is what happened way back in the day when MU was a slave state and didn’t want KU to be a free state. Muck MU.

• Banned

jaybate 1.0 said:

Fizzourah—a state of incompetence!

Will the state does have cheap booze.

Wait never mind.

You can create space if you must. LOL

• Satan is a perfect match up for god, but I would not want god to schedule a home and home for TV revenues!

• @HighEliteMajor love that post, perfect.

• Tough break for the kid and I feel bad for him. Those slavers probably did something wrong lol @elpoyo may never post again.

• @kjayhawks

We can hope. But something about KSU brings him out like a hive.

• @kjayhawks No, Wiggins will have a single-digit game or foul out or not win a title or something, and that is like someone unstrapping poyo-merde’s straitjacket and letting him near a keyboard again.

• @jaybate-1.0 Actually, Satan is no match for God. I’ve read the book.

God wins.

• @nuleafjhawk I always have to stop in that book part way. The result is allegedly foretold, but the battles are still raging on so the tactics still need daily refinement. Manson finally blinking out definitely sends another casualty back home to General Beelzebub.

• @mayjay When I was a troubled youth, I thought the whole idea was ridiculous. For the past 30 years though, my life has been changed (for the better). I try to read the Bible at least a little every day and besides learning and growing, I find it has the most fascinating stories (real ones, by the way). I don’t want to start a religious war on a KU sports forum, but I certainly can’t imagine life without Him or the Bible at this stage of the game.

• @BeddieKU23 It is sad all the way around.