High IQ Basketball Comes To Lawrence...

• 0_1510852700821_grimespose_t650.jpg

Thank you, Quentin Grimes! Welcome, new Jayhawk!

““We are very excited about this class,” Self said. “The four we’ve signed are high IQ basketball guys that understand how to play with other good players.”” - KUSports.com

This recruiting class is taking shape as our best “basketball IQ” class of all times in the Self-era.

Basketball IQ is always important for success… especially as we focus more on recruiting OAD-type players.

• Grimes makes it look easy. His body control is unreal.

• Should fit with Mr Bball IQ Marcus Garrett

• I would like to see an entire class with high conduct IQs. How long has it been? Billy this year, Josh & Carlton & Vick last year, Vick & Brannen the year before…

• mayjay said:

I would like to see an entire class with high conduct IQs. How long has it been? Billy this year, Josh & Carlton & Vick last year, Vick & Brannen the year before…

Good news, that does apply to this class. Of course the Lawsons are a bit of another story as we already know.

The current commits though are all great kids w/o the issues we heard about recruits like Preston coming in.

• So, by consequence, when Self doesn’t mention IQ regarding a recruit, we will assume the opposite perhaps.

• @HighEliteMajor

Not sure I would go that far. Bill mentioned high basketball IQ recently because some of our new Jayhawks have court awareness at a different (positive) level than what we are used to. One of those players is Quentin. He sees the court better than most players.

• @drgnslayr

Is “basketball IQ players” a new term for 5-star freshman at the 1 and 5 that have played the game a number of years, have sound fundamentals, D1 athletic ability, and that lack admissions baggage and character issues?

Or is it a term for players like Self won with at Tulsa?

If it were the former, hallelujah!

• Good one! Love the “admissions baggage” part. Wish that was the case.

I wonder how long this Billy car issue is going to go on? Seems like a long time passing for the compliance office to check out the ownership in the car. Hope we don’t end up with a problem there!