Ok So I Was Probably Wrong About Iowa State

• But when Kansas goes to Ames they’ll still play like Golden State.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich Or in Lawrence even like last year. Superbowl and all that. They appear to be a garbage shooting team through two games so it would be extra painful this year.

• Wigginton and Jackson haven’t been good at all this year. They were supposed to provide some offense. If those two aren’t giving them 25+ a night, I don’t know where they get points. They aren’t even going to be particularly good on the offensive glass this year, so if they can’t shoot it, they don’t even really have the option of throwing it up and chasing it.

• Wigginton will be good in time. He needs more talent around him though. Good for them is that they have a solid class coming in (Horton-Tucker is going to be a 4 year annoyance like Niang and Griffin had a KU offer). Plus more development from current players they have that I think will be good in time like Lewis and Lard. Maybe they will be a bit better when Lard is back. He is apparently is Prohm’s toughening box. They also will have two really good sit-out transfers available next year in Shayok and Jacobson. This appears to be a stop-gap/rebuilding year for them, and it’s going to be painful. Looks like their tournament streak could end.

Sidenote: OMG cyclonefanatic right now is amazing.

• We may be in for a down year in the Big 12. That could also threaten our conference streak if we don’t feel challenged and try to sleep through league play.

• drgnslayr said:

We may be in for a down year in the Big 12. That could also threaten our conference streak if we don’t feel challenged and try to sleep through league play.

I don’t think it’s may at this point. I need to see more though.

TCU and UT probably the biggest threats right now.

• Was looking to see if anyone posted about this. What a disaster already.

• BeddieKU23 said:

Was looking to see if anyone posted about this. What a disaster already.

I think Prohm might have fooled me with Fred’s players.

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

Was looking to see if anyone posted about this. What a disaster already.

I think Prohm might have fooled me with Fred’s players.

Certainly he had a lot of experienced players when he got the gig. He might have in fact overachieved with those guys.

He missed the ball in the last recruiting class and just filled it with anyone he could get basically. Beverly & Talley are not the typical transfers they get that are instant impact types. They should have gotten more talent around Wigginton & Lewis then they got for the amount of players that graduated.

The class he has for next year is looking really good. 6 man class right now and its a big talent upgrade.

Just looking at the box score it looks like Lard & brase didn’t play and I was under the impression both of those guys were going to play big minutes this year. Hurts them in the front court

• Yeah Brase is hurt and Lard is in the toughening box.

• BShark said:

Yeah Brase is hurt and Lard is in the toughening box.

Didn’t Brase miss a few years of basketball being hurt? Now he’s hurt again.

Time to cut ship on Lard, this is what year 3 in the program for him without playing (at least to date)…

• BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

Yeah Brase is hurt and Lard is in the toughening box.

Didn’t Brase miss a few years of basketball being hurt? Now he’s hurt again.

Time to cut ship on Lard, this is what year 3 in the program for him without playing (at least to date)…

Yeah Brase has been hurt almost his entire career. It’s been his knees every time so that’s pretty rough.

I think this is Lard’s 2nd year in the program. Redshirted last year due to academics I believe.

• Mercy Iowa State is bad right now - I mean really bad, but like someone else said having said this when we go to Ames - -they will play lights out lol. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY