Mason drafted 34th by Sacramento



  • First off, congrats Frank. You have a ton of fans supporting you and what a wild ride its been for this young man this year. He can support his child and his family now.

    The negatives: He lands in NBA purgatory.

    There is nothing positive to say about an organization that has fallen so far off the cliff. Landing anywhere but the Kings would have been ideal from every perspective.

    He gets to play with Ben, I guess that’s a positive.

    Kings did take some steps in the draft Getting Fox, Justin Jackson, Harry Giles & Mason. Giles is being touted by a lot of people to be a good NBA player if his knees ever hold up.

    Here’s a thought, Frank Mason wins every College award and is the best point guard in the nation but the Kings take Fox with the 5th pick over Mason. I’m sure Frank is going to use that as motivation to beat him out in the future, I just have this feeling he will. Fox couldn’t beat you and I in a game of horse if the game was played outside the FT line. He’s a young Rajon Rondo without the court vision.

    We will see what the future lies for BIFM!!



  • He’s got Buddy Hield and Fox, two good kids. He’s got two older short PGs to beat out on the roster in Collison and Lawson. I think the PT is there and the start of a younger core that Frank can help head up (assuming the front by office makes good decisions going forward)… Half the team is going to be younger than him. Maybe the dysfunction is a blessing in disguise if he gets a lot of PT.



  • approxinfinity said:

    He’s got Buddy Hield and Fox, two good kids. He’s got two older short PGs to beat out on the roster in Collison and Lawson. I think the PT is there and the start of a younger core that Frank can help head up (assuming the front by office makes good decisions going forward)… Half the team is going to be younger than him. Maybe the dysfunction is a blessing in disguise if he gets a lot of PT.

    If the Kings move on from Collison or Lawson that would be ideal, I can’t see them getting rid of both from a veteran perspective but at least 1 would pave the way for Mason to possibly get some playing time next year.

    I forgot about Hield, who played better for the Kings then he did the Pelicans and they are obviously very familiar with each other from the Big-12 battles. Maybe the Kings are finally headed in a direction that will be positive.



  • Ben Mac will be there!



  • It doesn’t look like McLemore will be in Sacremento guys. More likely will end up going to a good team and coming off the bench. Talk that the Cavs should give him a look. Also fits what GSW are doing.



  • Kcmatt7 said:

    It doesn’t look like McLemore will be in Sacremento guys. More likely will end up going to a good team and coming off the bench. Talk that the Cavs should give him a look. Also fits what GSW are doing.

    Your probably right, I think its in the best interest of both parties for Ben to find another team.



  • @BeddieKU23 Yea I think they will give him the qualifying offer, but that is it. Odds are someone else will give him a shot. Knicks are rumored too. My personal pick would be him to be in Chicago. They get televised quite a bit and he would get a lot of PT. Would fit well with Fred too I think.



  • Kcmatt7 said:

    @BeddieKU23 Yea I think they will give him the qualifying offer, but that is it. Odds are someone else will give him a shot. Knicks are rumored too. My personal pick would be him to be in Chicago. They get televised quite a bit and he would get a lot of PT. Would fit well with Fred too I think.

    I hope he lands somewhere with a chance to turn things around. Ben has underachieved in the NBA and while his situation was never the best with Sacramento he needs to prove himself at his next stop because he may not get another. Whatever city gets him is getting a great person off the court as well in the community.



  • @BeddieKU23 ben Mac deserves a great chance! Big heart and gives back!



  • @Kcmatt7

    At one time there was talk he would be traded to the Sixers and so there was a chance of having Embiid, Ben and potentially Jackson on the team but that was just a rumor that never came to fruition.

    Ben will do well in the right setting and Sacramento is not it.



  • I just became a Kings fan. Any team with Frank Mason is a team of mine. Bilas sure was sold on him.

    But Bilas should really just move to covering the NBA. He hates the NCAA and is always suggesting rules changes similar to the NBA.



  • I breathed a sigh of relief when Frank’s name was called. But was quite disappointed that he did not get automatic contract from possible first round selection. Might take 3 years, but his lockdown determination will pay dividends for him and some franchise. He is a quality kid with his head in the game. I would be absolutely shocked ever to hear or read of his stepping out of line legally or socially. 3 inches taller with the same credentials and stats, Frank would have had us cheering for another Jayhawk lottery pick. The NBA was not listening carefully to one of the topflight coaches in the college ranks. Frank Mason was the best guard whom Bill Self ever coached. And Self has proved that a bevy of games and titles can be won without rosters filled with 5-star recruits. For the right coach at the next level Frank Mason will be an absolute dream bargain.



  • @REHawk mason had a nice group of fans greeting him at the airport! I was touched!





  • HighEliteMajor said:

    Any team with Frank Mason is a team of mine.

    As of now, my all-time favorite HEM quote!



  • @ParisHawk Man, that quote packed POWER! I have not been much of an NBA follower, and esp. not a Kings fan (but for an eye on Ben Mac). But if their staff does right by Mason I plan to focus much more than usual on that program. Although lottery pick Fox was coming off an injury he certainly did not outshine Frank last year when the Jayhawks won in Lexington.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.