KU WALK ON TAKES HEAD COACHING JOB AT UNCW.

• Not as popular as Nooner, but congrats!

Capture.PNG

• Dooley was involved for that job as well.

• @BeddieKU23 McGrath got it over Dooley? Or Dooley helped him get the job?

• @Crimsonorblue22

I know that Dooley was a candidate, maybe he pulled out and liked his position. FGCU should again be good next season

• @BeddieKU23

I would think that by now Dooley is a candidate for bigger programs…

• UNCW doesn’t have a big recruiting area and McGrath is definitely someone NC voaches will already have a relationship with based on how long McGrath has been at UNC. This feels like a good move both parties involved and adds another potential Self replacement into the pool one day.

• @wrwlumpy

For me, UNC-Wilmington would be a destination job. Recruit, Coach. Fish. Repeat.

• @JayHawkFanToo

He’s starting to get some looks at better jobs. I think its wise for him to have another successful year where he is (returning 4 starters and 8 rotation players). He’s also adding 2 high level transfers (Doyle from Michigan & Gilmore from VCU) that should keep them on top of their conference. I think its a given that Dooley will have a better job sooner then later

• @BeddieKU23

Makes sense. Andy Enfield, the previous coach at FGCU before Dooley, translated his one post season success into the HC position at USC.

• @JayHawkFanToo

Definitely, Enfield is really starting to make his mark at USC as well. Could have a top 15 team next season.

I wonder where Dooley may end up but hopefully his next stop is a Power 5 school

• @jaybate-1.0 said:

@wrwlumpy

For me, UNC-Wilmington would be a destination job. Recruit, Coach. Fish. Repeat.

And the USS North Carolina, anchored there, is so cool. Plus, all the golf at Myrtle Beach within 50 miles.

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.