Jackson misdemeanor

• Vandalism.

Gotta be a record for charges (not the kind on the court) against one KU team.

• Glad it is only a misdemeanor. I thought the star had reported there was $3,000 worth of damages to the vehicle but Josh only caused less than $1,000? It will be interesting to see what discipline he will face from Coach.

• haha other “Unknown” individuals caused other property damage.

Nice job keeping the damages under 1,000 on Josh.

Criminal Damage to Property – Penalties in Kansas

If the value is greater than $25,000, you face a severity level 7 nonperson felony punishable by 11 to 13 years in prison as long as you have no criminal record.

If the value is between $1,000 and $25,000 the charge is a severity level 9 nonperson felony which carries a potential penalty of 5 to 7 years in prison if this is your first criminal conviction.

If the value of the property damage is up to $1,000 it is charged as a Class B nonperson felony punishable by up to 6 months in jail.

Ref: Kansas Statutes §21-3720

• Is this related to the alleged vandalism a few weeks back?

• Are there any third party witnesses that can verify this? If not, this is nothing.

• OMG…THE HITS KEEP COMING…

• @HawkChamp said:

Are there any third party witnesses that can verify this? If not, this is nothing.

"witnesses claimed to have observed Jackson "

The article isn’t that long, you could have read it yourself.

• @KUSTEVE somebody is really trying to derail these players and the team. That’s the problem with the players being out and about - it is easy to be accused.

• @Blown The article says “misdemeanor”, not “felony”. Do you confirm “felony”?

• @ParisHawk dude, it’s the same thing from before. I was wondering about any NEW information that includes concrete evidence.

• @HawkChamp said:

@ParisHawk dude, it’s the same thing from before. I was wondering about any NEW information that includes concrete evidence.

Thanks, in your previous post you had written “NEW” in invisible bytes :bowtie:

• @HawkChamp Victims can be witnesses, too. Interestingly, way back in English common law they eliminated the “he said/she said” quandry by ruling that victims could not be witnesses. That rule went out about the same time as the Dodo bird or even earlier.

Bottom line: Third party witnesses don’t matter. Especially if the victim witness’s story is first, credible, and second, corroborated by other facts (eg., damage to the car; alleged perp seen in the vicinity; altercation preceding incident; etc.).

What hasn’t been brought up is that this happened the same night as, and a few blocks away from, Bragg’s stairway event. Related? Or just a really freakin’ bad KU night?

• @mayjay the timing of the events, IMO, is no coincidence. Soofi is probably involved somehow.

• @Crimsonorblue22 McKenzie Calvert is on the womens BB team. Timothy Calvert is her dad.

Definitely an odd situation all around

• @HawkChamp They aren’t trying to derail the players. They are doing it to themselves. And it is ignorant to think otherwise. He committed a freaking crime. Nobody made him do it. Or framed him. He did it. And I say that because they don’t press charges unless it is highly likely that the person committed the crime or that they can at least convict them of said crime.

• @Kcmatt7 right, because people never accuse others to get even with them or if they are jealous. How “ignorant” and stupid of me.

• @HawkChamp You realize that I said that people are rarely charged without enough evidence to convict them? 95% of the time, when you are charged you did the crime.

• So, when does this suspension start?

• @KUSTEVE it’s hard to say. The court date is April 12th and he is innocent until proven guilty. I just hope the team is able to fight through this and keep on winning.

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.