Dec 30 What we learned from jaybate during Jesse's Toledo game blog

• @jaybate “I have been wearing some new Ex-Officio quick wicking underwear given me for an XMAS present for my current trip. Love the advertising tag line–17 days, 6 countries, 2 underwear. :-)”

• Only 2 pair of drawers for 17 days? yuck

• Seriously, if you travel for a living, or for extended recreation, these are a must. What I wouldn’t have given for these things back when I lived out of a suitcase to pay for food and a roof. You bring a little 3 oz bottle of soap and wash and rinse a pair every night under the tub faucet. Quick drying and fresh as a daisy by the morning, even in humid air. A bar of face soap works in a pinch, too. It is a true travel break through. No more crowding your suitcase with a week’s worth of underwear with increasing amounts of it either in need of washing, or still damp the next morning after a wash and mildewing in your bag in a zip lock baggy. No more running to coin op laundramats in the hotel or somewhere in town. These things are Grrrrrrrrreat! Technical clothing rules.

• @jaybate Just ordered some on Amazon! @approxinfinity have you considered a KU Buckets Store with logo merchandise?!?!

• @VailHawk really interesting thought – hadn’t occurred to me, but I’d be game for whatever people want to do. I’d think we’d want to find a way of doing it that doesn’t require a big overhead investment while still being able to keep the merch cost reasonable. Also, we’d have to figure out what kind of designs we’d want to run. Anyone have any recommendations on vendors that could give us a good deal on a small run?

• @approxinfinity the thought of an ad featuring Jaybate in underwear flashing across our screens-Ewww! No malice!!!

• have you considered a KU Buckets Store

I’ve considered this a bit. We don’t have a big audience here, but if we had a place where members could recommend KU things for purchase from other sites, that might be helpful. I think it would be nice to share things that we think might be of interest to other fans…

For example, I picked up this t-shirt last month when visiting the field house and it’s my new favorite:

rock chalk

Simply “Rock Chalk” t-shirt

And this one is next on my list: KU Basketball Practice t-shirt

Jayhawks “Heather Dribbler” Short Sleeve Climalite Basketball Practice Shirt by Adidas

• I like your thinking @bskeet always good to get advice/tips from a trusted source, which is why I only buy underwear if it’s been tested by @jaybate in the Carribean

• Is there a diaper version?

• @drgnslayr as your assistant I’ll make it happen

• @bskeet - right on! Love the Rock Chalk shirt!