WHAT'S YOUR WORST SPORTS NIGHTMARE?

• Just to let you know where I’m headed, my worst sports nightmare is that someday we are the first #1 seed to get knocked out by a #16.

• Conferences break away from the hated NCAA and KU is on the outside looking in.

• @nuleafjhawk

“WHAT’S YOUR WORST SPORTS NIGHTMARE?”

brush-head-coach-john-caliparis-hair.jpg

That’s a no-brainer…

• That we become Missouri.

• That we lose in the first round of the NIT.

• @Statmachine

How about we stink so bad we don’t even get an invite to the NIT? Yikes…

• @HighEliteMajor said:

That we become Missouri.

You mean irrelevant in all sports?

Or

Such a bad university the only way anyone knows you exist (since your sports teams are irrelevant) is by student boycotts?

• @JRyman Did anyone see that pathetic display of basketball incompetence last night? The Tigers made K State look like a good team or one might even say a great team. The Wildcats are so good that they trailed by three at halftime but rallied for a 93-72 victory over South Dakota. That isn’t even South Dakota State who have made the tournament in the past few years.

• We lose to kstate and Wichita st in the same year again

• @HighEliteMajor Oh, do you mean overvaluing the conference title every year the way Norm Stewart did and then flaming out in the first round of the NCAA? That IS a nightmare…

• @nuleafjhawk

KU drops basketball to focus on football 😱💩

• That the fan base runs off Coach Self, and we hire Liberace.

• Dick vitale and Kaitlin Jenner replace Bob Davis, fall in love, and get married at center court in Allen Fieldhouse.

• It is discovered that basketball invented at Kentucky

• Self wins five straight rings, but is forced out for being too stubborn.

• Calipari gets another long stack and wins a ring by playing BAD BALL.

• @JRyman

Not a Mizzou fan in the slightest, but their wrestling program is solid. And because I have daughters, I know their volleyball and softball programs are very good as well…granted not sports that most people follow, but good none the less.

• After a military coup, a law is passed requiring all Americans to get plastic surgery so they look like coach K

• @jaybate-1.0 finds out that all post on all websites have to be under 20 words.

• @JRyman

Yeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Cheick Diallo is only allowed to be cleared if he plays for a Nike program.

• Zenger blacks out all games attended by Olivia Wilde in exchange for Chapstick for the minor sports.

• @HighEliteMajor finds out the Jamari Traylor sets the all time NBA rebounding record.

• @JRyman or his daughter falls in love w/Mari and they live happily ever after in cars

• @Crimsonorblue22 said:

@JRyman or his daughter falls in love w/Mari and they live happily ever after in cars

That movie was awesome. Mater could be our friend, that would be a lot of fun.

• Cubs win world series and it could happen in the next few years.

• KSU wins a national title in anything.

• @wissoxfan83 Spoken like a true cub fan… oh, wait.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Wait - they already have.

There used to be a sign on I-70 stating something like “Kansas State University - National Livestock Judging Champions 1991 & 1993”

I laughed every time I saw it, but I don’t think it’s there any more.

• Speaking of the Purple Pride, they were up 8 on North Carolina with 4 minutes to go; NC went on a 21-3 run to whip them by 10. Somehow, Weber has brought K State hoops back to plausible expectations. I notice that one of his several defectors, Angel Rodriguez, is earning some nice press coverage at Miami.

• That KUBuckets web site is blacked out beyond the state lines of Kansas.

• That we allow Vandy to extend this streak tonight:bangbang:

Vanderbilt has made a 3-pointer in 936 consecutive games, a streak which began at the inception of the 3-point line in 1986-87. The Commodores rank second only to UNLV for the longest streak in Division I basketball. Vanderbilt, UNLV and Princeton are the only three schools in college basketball to have made at least one 3-pointer in every game played since the 3-point line was implemented.

• After all the hoopla - that Diallo is a bust… :cry:

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.