Just a few musings.

• Banned

The MU stand off has gone nationwide. I wonder if the MU football players would go on strike if they were undefeated? On the serious side what has transpired is a very bad thing. The MU powers caving for the monetary reasons of football may start a very bad trend. It’s like the prisoners running the prison. I hate MU as much as the next KU fan, but I wonder If the KU powers would cave to the KU basketball team? Did MU put the final nail in the coffin of college sports?

The NCAA’s handling of Mister Diallo is just turning my stomach. Maybe by the bylaws they are correct in not clearing Diallo. Yet I have to ask the question why so tough on kids getting into college when you’re so lax after the kids are already in college? What happened at UNC is the worst travesty of a college education of anything I’ve heard or seen in my life time. Yet the NCAA does nothing yet drag their feet. UNC has cheated the very nature of what a college athlete is supposed to be. The NCAA had no problem going after Louisville or Penn St, yet with UNC nothing. It almost makes me think if Diallo were attending UK, Duke, or UNC he would already be cleared.

The new Playoff 4 in College Football is a joke. I was so hoping with the new system that we as fans could get away from the east coast basis (SEC). Sadly I was mistaken. It seems its more of the same. A one or two loss SEC team will find it’s way into the playoff. ESPN and the picking council has proven it’s all about Name power. Hell one of the members of this beloved council says he pays attention to recruiting rankings? Are you fucking kidding me. Why even play the season? Lets just take the top four recruiting classes and let them play for the championships.

HCBS and this current KU team scares me. I think this KU team can show greatness. Yet I’m afraid HCBS isn’t the right coach for this team. NO I’m not asking for his head, just saying I’m not sure HCBS is the right coach for this collective talent that KU has. HCBS is old school. He showed last year come hell or high water he’s running his system. He has a bit of disdain for the three ball. His love for pounding the ball inside may cost him an NBA coaching gig, and KU truly fulfilling it’s potential.

Just a few musings.

• @DoubleDD so, if diallo is allowed to play does that fit coach selfs system?

• Banned

@Crimsonorblue22

Yes and no. Diallo has an engine that can but he’s not really a back to the basket kind of player not to say HCBS couldn’t teach him. Yet he is a OAD type of player. To play inside in you need players that can score with their back to the basket.

Diallo would help though.

• @DoubleDD so you are actually diallo? Jk!

• Banned

@Crimsonorblue22

You see to truly play the high low you need a big man that can shoot a mid range jumper. To often people think the high/low is about layups and dunks. Actually it’s far from it. It’s a more about a big getting the ball with his back to the basket and has to make a move with one to two defensive players on his back. The paint is where hand to hand combat takes place. As fans we see a great play and say man that was easy. Yet we don’t consider all the work it took to get to that point the basket looks easy. Like sealing off your man, feeling the double team coming, and just knowing what the defense player is giving you. Find a big that can play the High/low are far and between. The most gifted big men don’t even come close to playing the High/low like it should be played.

I’ll give HCBS this when you can play the High/low like it should be played its a thing of beauty. As you can get a basket anytime you need one.

• @DoubleDD you edited it!

• Banned

@Crimsonorblue22

Did not. 🙂

• @DoubleDD

“Find a big that can play the High/low are far and between. The most gifted big men don’t even come close to playing the High/low like it should be played.”

Amen to that!

• @DoubleDD

“Just a few musings.”

Man… if these are your MUSINGS…(!!!)

That was genius… to connect the dots between Diallo and UNC. It was the right connection to bring all of this into perspective. And as you say… perhaps the Diallo situation is being handled correctly. So the NCAA can take their sweet time and ACE the Diallo situation, while they should be putting equal energy into BEYATCH slapping UNC into permanently being barred from NCAA sports. What they did was that bad.

The new playoff is a joke. I believe the 4 teams selected are done so STRICTLY BASED ON REVENUE! They want to soak the most media dollars.

• I lived in Missouri and if you are black and you are any further south than St. Louis County you are not really welcome. It is surprising women can vote in Missouri or black people can even share drinking fountains. It is crazy, why do you think Ferguson happened, then this?

Missouri is a police state, there are prisons and jails all over the place. Never go to St. Francois County, it is like the movie U-Turn and they cannot even say the name of their county right. You put people with really narrow small bigoted brains in a police state with a bunch of stuff with french names and silent letters, it really makes em hate black people.

There is rampant racism and systematic persecution of minorities all throughout the Missouri Criminal Justice system, it is segragation all over, except they segregate you to a cell… Prisons are big business now, like oil soon I bet!

• Banned

@Second-Prize

To be honest Im quite tired of the race card. Yea one numnut does something bad and now there is racism everywhere. Sure racism is there, but it isn’t a just a white thing. Sadly every time the race card is played. The minority class (blacks) get more favoritism. Creating even more racism. According to the students of MU blacks will be on the committee when picking a new president. There is no requirement that whites have to be apart of that committee. That my friend creates racism. I know racism still exist. Still until we look at people as Americans instead of the color of their skin racism will exist.

Bottom line if you give special rights to a race of people you’re creating racism.

• @DoubleDD

There has always been white representation on that committee. The reason there have to be diversity initiatives is that in a lot of places, the decision makers have always been white, so diverse perspectives are often left out.

This is the Missouri Board of Curators. There is no lack of whites in decision making roles. Saying there needs to be whites on the committee is like saying there needs to be Republicans on a Kansas legislative committee. There will be. There always are.

The division that has occurred here is because some idiots on MU’s campus decided to use some hateful speech and no one in a position of authority stepped up to stop it. It’s not a special right to not have hate speech used against you. It’s not a special right to be invited to the table as a part of the decision making process in the community you are a part of. It’s just a shame that it has to take something like this to get that type of thing to happen.

• I think the courses/classes offered at UNC during their scandal are the equivalent of Cheick’s 6th grade courses in Mali yet it’s been pretty damn silent on that subject.

At this point I have to say it is officially beyond ludicrous. 2 thousand pages? 6th grade transcripts?

Is this the plot to ‘Billy Madison 2’??? Does Cheick need to go back and retake each class for two weeks and then have a quiz off against Mark Emmert??

• @Kip_McSmithers only difference is unc has no paper evidence!

• Banned

@justanotherfan

We can spin it this way or we can spin it that way. Yet when you give a race of people special privileges. You then create racism. It’s just a point of fact.

• @DoubleDD

It is not a special privilege to be allowed to speak. Having a voice is not a special privilege.

During the civil rights movement, there were many that said if voting laws were put in place to ensure that minorities could exercise their right to vote, that would give them special privileges, or if they were allowed to stay at hotels and eat at restaurants that were white only, that would give them special privileges.

Today, we see people say the same things with respect to gay marriage, that if we allow gays to marry, or carry each other on their insurance, or have inheritance rights from the significant other, etc. that this would give them “special privileges.”

Nevermind that all of the things that I listed above are things that the majority population had access to prior to the movement to have those rights bestowed on the minority population.

I will grant that if you have been treated unequally, it is pretty special to finally be on level footing. However, it’s not a privilege to have equality. That is the goal of humanity. Unfortunately, we have to put rules in place in society to make sure the powerful, regardless of who that is, do not overrun those that do not have as much power.

• Banned

@justanotherfan

What happened in the civil rights movement. Wasn’t about special rights. It was about equal rights. I have no problem fighting for equal rights. Never had. Yet when you give special rights to a race of people you’re are creating racism. You’re are saying because of the color of your skin you get special treatment. You’re saying you can hold positions and work certain jobs because of the color of your skin. It doesn’t matter whether you’re qualified or not. That my friend is racism.

MLK never wanted special rights he wanted equal rights. I bet he’s turning over in his grave right now seeing what in is playing out. Hell we are giving so many special rights to the minorities the cops aren’t even allowed to arrest them for wrong doing anymore.

• @DoubleDD “almost makes me think if Diallo were attending UK, Duke, or UNC he would already be cleared.”

Effing hell yes he would be cleared!!! Nike schools vs Adidas school. Again I call to attention the very same discrepancy and seemingly arbitrary guidelines that border on overt favoritism with the 7’6" kid at UCF. He should absolutely be cleared as well but alas he isnt at a big time Nike school like UK, Duke, UNC.

• @DoubleDD said:

@justanotherfan

What happened in the civil rights movement. Wasn’t about special rights. It was about equal rights. I have no problem fighting for equal rights. Never had. Yet when you give special rights to a race of people you’re are creating racism. You’re are saying because of the color of your skin you get special treatment. You’re saying you can hold positions and work certain jobs because of the color of your skin. It doesn’t matter whether you’re qualified or not. That my friend is racism.

MLK never wanted special rights he wanted equal rights. I bet he’s turning over in his grave right now seeing what in is playing out. Hell we are giving so many special rights to the minorities the cops aren’t even allowed to arrest them for wrong doing anymore.

NO but they are apparently allowed to shoot first and ask questions later. Well, atleast they used to be up until recently.

• Banned

@Lulufulu

You do know the kId never put his hands up? You do know the kid strong armed a robbery? You do know he bum rushed the cop while he was in his police car punched and tried to take his gun?

I guess I don’t know what you want a police officer to do?

• @DoubleDD You know, I have to respectfully disagree about one thing here. I think Coach Self is the perfect coach for this team right now, B2B scoring threats or no. What he learned in the WUGs this year has proven he can adapt and win in many different scenarios with different rules. FIBA vs NCAA.
    Add to that the fact that we got the 08 National Title, the '12 National runner up and are perfectly poised to make a great run at the '16 title. We all know his best teams are his most experienced teams that have loads of talent, like this team has. 08 and 12 are no fluke teams. KU has never, in the Bill Self era, been bounced early from the tournament 3 times in a row which means we are due for a big run again in '16.

Rock Chalk!

• @DoubleDD Im not commenting any further on racial tensions. This is a KU basketball forum and hence forth I will only be commenting on basketball related topics.

• Banned

@Lulufulu

Then why comment on it all? I was making a reference that what is happening at MU and the involvement of their football program is not a good thing. It wasn’t like I was the only one that brought up the subject. As there where many topics and posts on the subject. And it’s not like I said hey @Lulufulu what are your thoughts. You chose to respond or make a point to me.

You may not like my point of view on how to deal with Americans. Yet I’m ok just talking KU basketball with you. Just remember I didn’t drag you into the fray you chose to jump in with what you believe is right.

• @Lulufulu I’m not sure what Self learned if he’s starting Mari or Lucas ahead of Mickelson.

• On the MU situation, most of what was thought to be "systemic’ racism was either isolated incident or completely untrue/hoax. Sad that the admin folded so quickly.