Brandon Ingram Decision

• @JayHawkFanToo that doesn’t sound good for their program!

• @Crimsonorblue22

If even part of the allegations stick. the “death penalty” is not that far fetched. Looks like Coach Williams is in a tough spot.

• I guess Ingram doesn’t want to take African and Afro-American Studies at UNC and defiantly doesn’t want to take Swahili classes where he will NOT learn to speak ONE word in Swahili. I guess he doesn’t want to have to lie about it like UNC is doing right now and smearing Ingram’s name in it. If I were Ingram’s parents and ol Roy was Lying about what he told my child to cover his ass I would be furious. I would record the conversation tonight when Roy trying to backtrack and hand it to the media.

• Uncommitted 5-Star SF Brandon Ingram Says He Was Told UNC Received NCAA Allegations On April 17

I wonder who in the world told Brandon this? I think a rat face blue devil?

• Joey Powell ‏@Joey_Powell Roy taking Brandon Ingram some eastern NC BBQ? Yeah, maybe #UNC ain’t out of this thing yet! #TomatoBasedSauceIsGarbage

Statmachine ‏@calanr · 47s47 seconds ago
    @Joey_Powell I doubt Ingram wants to take Afro-American Studies and defiantly doesn’t want to take Swahili BUT he will take the BBQ. LOL

• @truehawk93

You might have the correct answer and it has a different shade of Blue. Rat face ratting on Roy…

• he’s going to Duke…

• @BeddieKU23 Interesting comment…It’s not over till it’s over. I went and reviewed his @B_Ingram13 and found some interesting comments by people who may know him a bit, but then again maybe not. I have a slight feeling he just might commit to KU. I may be wrong. It won’t be the first or last time either. But all interesting and some pro-KU posts too:

Momma Murphy ‏@MomofBallers In all seriousness, Brandon needs to go where it’s best for HIM!! We will support him wherever he goes. @B_Ingram13 #BISupporter

Davin K Gutierres ‏@dkg_hilife · Apr 21
    @MomofBallers Agreed but the coaches at UNC & Duke wont let him leave the state. The fans would go nuts if he left the state…lol.

Davin K Gutierres ‏@dkg_hilife · Apr 21
    @MomofBallers Good Point but you also want to leave the nest & see what else is out there.

Momma Murphy ‏@MomofBallers · Apr 21
    @dkg_hilife True! I guess we’ll find out on Monday. I know this decision won’t come lightly & he knows what will feel like home.

M Allen ‏@crimsonblu22 · Apr 21
    @MomofBallers @B_Ingram13 I can only tell u that he will be loved at KU! FOE! You will love it there, promise💙🏀❤️!

@pquaife He is making a big decision. He & his family know any front runners. If KU is it, then I will support him, just like I do DTae!

Patrick Quaife ‏@pquaife · Apr 21
    @MomofBallers Totally understand, didn’t mean harm. You’re awesome, enjoy your tweets. & that’s sweet about Graham, he’s going to be great!

@pquaife No harm done! DTae is awesome! Always knew he had it in him. KU was a great move for him.

The “Liar” thing is a dual killer for both programs. IF another recruiting rep from say Duke made this claim, leaving Ingram with the confidence that it was all right to use that in an interview, then we have a Carolina dilemma. On one hand, if say Coach K, Capel or Scheyer said this to him only to be let down, how can Ingram trust Duke? How could a player trust a coaching staff that gives you false information?

Then you have UNC who was the direct object of that “Lie” is now in an odd situation with these allegations. They are defending and in full damage control. Ingram has got to be reviewing the whole mess and thinking of just getting out from under the circumstances. If he goes to Duke after making that comment, it looks really bad. If he goes to UNC with any sanctions, he’s shooting himself in the foot. It presents a young man that is extremely impressionable with a serious decision. A decision that became unusually difficult. This might just be in KU’s favor when it’s all said and done. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he stays and goes to either Carolina program.

• Now, I’m getting more concerned about Diallo. I thought he was a strong KU commitment. But now, some other program may be making some strong arguments. I wonder if his concluding remarks in the form of thanking everyone was his way of saying, “enough said, it’s time to make a decision.” These coaches that are making ridiculous and desperate attempts at additional recruiting pitches are pathetic. I’m glad Self made a single last attempt and respected both Ingram and Diallo to let them make a decision. I just can’t see these kids going after the coach that is “harassing” them with additional visits.

Did everyone read Bragg’s “sales pitch” to Newman?

The Kansas Sell

Carlton Bragg, Villa Angela-St. Joseph (Cleveland, Ohio), F, 2015

“OK, Malik I’ve been texting you all day anyway but check it out our fan base is crazy, we’re going to Europe in the preseason and how many teams can say that? Plus, we’ve got Coach Self, the best coach in the country, and he let’s you play your game and be you on the court. Oh and the girls! We’ve got all the girls you could want! And what’s better than playing at the Fieldhouse? I mean c’mon now!”

• @truehawk93 wonder if Bragg is talking to the other 2?

• @Crimsonorblue22 My understanding is that Bragg has been working both Ingram and Diallo. I guess he’s been working Newman. Why would he be working Newman if KU didn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell? Maybe we are all wrong on Newman. Maybe Bragg has heard or knows something encouraging or hopeful from Newman. I guess it’s possible. Why not?

• Hudy would be “huge” for both Ingram and diallo!

• @Crimsonorblue22 Hudy is huge for any recruit.

• @truehawk93

Hey if he doesn’t choose Duke than I’ll fully admit I’m wrong. All the evidence just points to him joining them now that they got a PG. He grew up a dukie fan.

• @BeddieKU23 I just don’t consider their guy a PG. I mean, sure that is his position but what are the odds he is actually effective? The guy should be a HS senior and is going to run a college offense well? I highly doubt it. Mason has proven to be a stud at the position, hoping Ingram sees it the same way as I do and goes with the team with the proven guy over the team with the unproven and highly questionable high school kid running their team.

• Look at this thread… full of girls, gold and diamonds… and promises.

Time to pull out the big weapons… video games!

• @RockkChalkk I hope you’re right. ESPN has him ranked as the 17th overall player. Another year in HS would defininetly help, but he sounds like a stud. At first I thought it would be like Svi, but his impact should be much greater than that.

• @dylans

Speaking of Svi… I hope he isn’t living off the typical European spaghetti diet this summer and the kid is eating lots of hormone-feed beef!

• Rumors sparked on social media that Newman has already sent his papers in to Mississippi State. His father, Horatio Webster, denied that claim.

“Who the hell would fill it out for him?” Webster said. “The scholarship papers are on the dresser in my house.”

Mr. Webster, I can tell you it sure wasn’t KU because we have no reason to make such ridiculous speculations.

Someone’s sure setting themselves up for a fall. Too bad these recruits and their parents can’t pinpoint who is spreading these rumors or causing so much with their recruiting, especially Ingram and Newman. But, in the end, they’ll likely go to the program that is causing all this stink. I guess it’s all part of the process.

• @RockkChalkk

Thornton is a very good player. Have you seen him play?

He ran the show for Findlay prep with Trier at SG. When matched up against PG’s he would dominate them with his ability to pass, get to the lane, and make perimeter shots. From what I say in games was a more than capable replacement for Jones & a guy who didn’t need another year. I thought he was the top PG regardless of 15 or 16 class.

What will hurt Duke with just Thornton is the fact that cook graduated who was the other primary ball-handler and there going to ask their other guys to share duties when they don’t naturally play that position.

But as far as Duke getting a PG, it was convenient enough in time for Ingram’s double visit with Coach K to seal the deal.

• @BeddieKU23 Well, at this point, the media is the source of Ingram and the “lie.” The media also reported that Newman had sent his papers to Mississippi St U too. The media is also pushing Ingram to Dook.

The media is driving all the false speculation. I know 24/7 has him at 70% or more to Dook. Well, until he actually decides, I won’t believe anything the media, experts, or “insiders” are saying, because they obviously don’t know anything. They want to know and they want you to read their dribble. Don’t believe the “evidence” the media is claiming to write. Let’s wait and hear it straight from the recruits.

• If he’s not getting enough beef I may know where some high quality angus is being raised. Right in our pasture! Too bad we can’t legally share. I know how these animals are treated from birth until they are loaded on the truck to leave the feedyard that my father manages (whole life). You are right they are implanted with hormones in the ear as soon as they arrive to increase rate of gain and then are fed hormones the last 40 days to increase water retention.

Some on here have massive gardens to spend their spare time, I have a little cow herd; forty momma cows and hopefully 40 calves when it’s all said and done. Oh, and a little garden.

• @truehawk93

I agree about the media aspect of what your saying. But if Newman & Ingram both go where the press is saying then what else is there to say. Usually where there is smoke there is fire??

I hope the press and wrong and all 4 (Newman, Diallo, Brown, Ingram) go where the media isn’t pushing them too. We will certainly see where the domino’s start falling today.

• media 1 for 1 now…

• @BeddieKU23 I still don’t believe the media. Newman was way too obvious, but most had him going to UK and many UK thought he would commit. I’m glad he chose Mississippi St.