Oh boy this is getting serious. Good thing/ Bad thing ?

• Mercy watching podcast today - -breaking BIG breaking news. Looks like Brett ?Yormork trying to insure stability of the Conference. -Big 12 Considering a one Billon from private equity for 20 % of the Big 12 .

It’s risky to do this , BUT also very risky if you don’t. - -We have got to get up to that 22 Million payout or were in trouble , gonna get left behind. Looking at it as trying to keep up with the BIG & SEC at least stability of Conf.

Brett McMurphy said Naming Rights Partner very well could be All State deal values between 30-50 Millon , Big twelve needing the Cah now betting on the future.- - Risky to do it BUT also very risky to not.

Example they were giing is if you don’t your gonna get burnt, left behind. Taht 3-4 * fo otball player you were in a recruiting battle with - - -forget the Michigan’s- -Ohio States–the bigger boys , but even the battles of Purdue - -Rutgers , Nebraska’s you don’t do this you can’t match these scho ol’s offers then - -they not coming. Same in Basketball . Baseball, you gonna get your ass kicked - - -you have to do this -Sure it’sa gamble But the results if you don’t - - -

This just coming out today, Big–they talking about it now. - -My question would be what 20% of the Big twelve get their part of this money? -What happens to the other Schools

Edit from ESPN , Pete Thammel reporting that this deal could be worth Hundreds of Millions of Dollars over the Course of the Deal , could end up as one of the largest Commerical deals in the history of Collegiate sports , not including media rights.

Whoever would be the rights partner would probably remove the Big Twelve from the Name- - So if it was All State the Big Twelve would become te All State Conference

• As goofy as this all sounds, I will always give Yormark credit for being proactive in trying to keep the B12 viable. If Bowlsby was still in charge, the B12 likely would’ve been picked apart by the ACC and Pac 12 after Texas and OU left for the SEC.

Yormark is doing whatever he can to help keep the B12 going and deserves all the credit in the world for the job he’s done so far in solidifying the B12 as the number 3 conference which is not where anyone though we’d be as a league 5 years ago.

• Will the players have advertising on their uniforms? Soon they will look like nascar cars. lol what a joke the Big12 and college ball is becoming. Hope they figure out the competitive balance.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Oh boy this is getting serious. Good thing/ Bad thing ?:

As goofy as this all sounds, I will always give Yormark credit for being proactive in trying to keep the B12 viable. If Bowlsby was still in charge, the B12 likely would’ve been picked apart by the ACC and Pac 12 after Texas and OU left for the SEC.

Yormark is doing whatever he can to help keep the B12 going and deserves all the credit in the world for the job he’s done so far in solidifying the B12 as the number 3 conference which is not where anyone though we’d be as a league 5 years ago.

I couldn’t agree more. He is leaving no stoned un turned trying to seeks ways for Revenue , things are changing and the Big 12 has to change also or get left behind. - In the end we may not be the Big 1 anymore as we wear patch’s or see All State Logo on fields but we will survive. -If we want to compete in recruiting battles or whatever and hang in there with the BIG 2 then like it says this is a risk - -BUT also a bigger risk if we don’t

• @dylans said in Oh boy this is getting serious. Good thing/ Bad thing ?:

Will the players have advertising on their uniforms? Soon they will look like nascar cars. lol what a joke the Big12 and college ball is becoming. Hope they figure out the competitive balance.

It was mentioned about logo of like All State of some kind on uniforms and logs on playing fields

• I was reading heartland, there was a lot of negative crap. Like leftovers, etc. I hate this.

• SEC! SEC! SEC! All State! All State! All State! 😂 😂 😂 Please no.

• @dylans “All hate State!” is my suggestion.

• It’s inevitable. Better not to fight it and spend energy hoping he gets a good sponsor like State Farm, All State or Chic-Fil-A.

I’d hate to see a Guaranteed Rate Big12, Cheez-its Big12, or RoofClaim.com Big12

68 Ventures Big12 would be confusing.

• @bskeet said in Oh boy this is getting serious. Good thing/ Bad thing ?:

It’s inevitable. Better not to fight it and spend energy hoping he gets a good sponsor like State Farm, All State or Chic-Fil-A.

I’d hate to see a Guaranteed Rate Big12, Cheez-its Big12, or RoofClaim.com Big12

68 Ventures Big12 would be confusing.

If it’s going to end up being a corporate sponsorship deal, Allstate sounds like the most likely sponsor. Considering their long history with college football, that seems like about as food a sponsor as the Big 12 could hope for.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I was hoping for Trojan Condoms. Since we’re all getting screwed.

• @nuleafjhawk i’d guess the Big 10 has a deal with Trojan Condoms with the addition of USC, but maybe the Big 12 can advertise their Magnum line.

• The wisdom of Calvin and Hobbes

alt text