Liam McNeeley decommits... Kansas on the radar!

• I’ve been connected to IU fans and they (as well as most of the college basketball world) think McNeeley is coming to Kansas now.

It may be a good/bad news situation because the thought is he will be replacing Furph as he leaves for the draft.

https://theathletic.com/5325254/2024/03/07/indiana-liam-mcneeley-decommit/

Read the last paragraph.

It’s great finding shooters… but I’m not sure McNeeley can create for himself. We really need at least one uber athlete that can do that. Still… he’s a deadly set trey shooter! Nothing stopping us from adding him and also going after a guy who can create.

There is a negative idea going around in here that we won’t be a better team next year. I’m not one of those people. With the NCAA in our rear view mirror, I’m confident Self will be heavy loading our team again!

• Yeah if Furphy is leaving it will be better to have a replacement already lined up than not though! Even then, Furphy could probably slot in anywhere from 2-4 so no reason they can’t play together if he does stay. Might be likey Bill could convince him to stay committed in that case? Not like a Hunter/Udeh situation where both can’t be on the court.

• Yes, I’m excited about this prospect.

• @MR11

I’d be happy to have both!

• McNeeley is a must get. Hopefully it all works out soon

• I want one more year of Furph :< and to have him in opposite corners as Liam raining 3’s…

• Haven’t looked ahead to next year too much yet. This guy a top dawg?

If he’s a shooter, sign him up!

But, I hate getting my hopes up for one recruit. What I’ve learned over the years as low level teams find success in the NCAAs without top recruits … there’s always somebody else.

• @PharmacyHawk said in Liam McNeeley decommits... Kansas on the radar!:

I want one more year of Furph :< and to have him in opposite corners as Liam raining 3’s…

We all do, unfortunately these situations usually go hand in hand

• I’m still hearing that Furphy is likely returning but I won’t get on a kid that goes first round. Guaranteed money for 3 years. I do think there is a chance if he stays he could go in the top 10 next season no question. Most the updated draft boards have him in the late teens or early twenties with his past few weeks not being so good. I would expect him to test the waters but it’s pretty risky if you are projected in the twenties to go thru with it.

• @kjayhawks

Interesting Swain posted a bit of the opposite on 247 that he’s leaning to the draft at this point.

These situations for KU are usually tied together.

• @rockchalkjayhawk

Top 15 recruit on the best high school team.

Yes he’s a shooter and a really good one.

Probably more excited about his improvements this year as a defender and putting the ball on the floor. His shooting is something else from the perimeter and hopefully will be a key piece to opening up this offense next season