Thoughts On 2024 Schedule

• Early start, Lindenwood-who?, Illinois ducking KU or not, Arrowhead Stadium, two bye weeks, at KSt, vs Colo; Wow, I can’t wait for the season to begin. Soccer Stadium/Arrowhead won’t give us a home field advantage, but I like the conference teams KU plays at Arrowhead. I wonder what the attendance will be like at Arrowhead.

• @stoptheflop The schedule is 100% winnable for a good team. Should be no losses for a team of say Oklahoma’s talent level. We shall see what Lance is able to cook up!

• Avoiding Utah and Oklahoma St. is huge this season. Utah getting Cam Rising and their RB back are why they won back to back Pac 12 titles and will probably be the B12 favorites this year. OSU is still going to be strong with Ollie Gordon coming back so missing then is huge. If Arizona was returning in tact, that’d be very advantageous to miss, but I think they take a big step back with the coaching change.

10 or 11 wins could be a realistic possibility for KU this season if they stay healthy.

• Will “on the road” hurt?

• With spring football starting in a couple of weeks, I’m going to be very interested to hear if Jalon Daniels is practicing. Cole Ballard was serviceable at QB last year but our hopes for an even better season this year rely on Daniels being healthy and playing all year. The KSt game played without Daniels and my hero, Jason Bean sticks with me and for me taints last year’s successes. Still, Coach Leipold has our program at a higher level than I thought possible, so I hope Jalon has fully recovered from his injuries and plays at full strength this year.

• @stoptheflop I was a little frustrated with Daniels the past couple of seasons. Now that my back has been kicking my ass the past 4-5 weeks, I completely understand his position. I hope he’s 100% healthy.

• @nuleafjhawk oh yeah, back injuries aren’t ones you can just tough out. I hurt mine in high school and it was ovaaaaaa

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Thoughts On 2024 Schedule:

@nuleafjhawk oh yeah, back injuries aren’t ones you can just tough out. I hurt mine in high school and it was ovaaaaaa

I hear ya, I have never questioned Jalen about his back issues— these things are no joke.-- - I’ve had 4 surgeries and been told they have went up my spine as far as they can, I have went from stainless steel screws to when they went back in the next time and went from stainless steel to titanium screws cause they are better, I’ve had spacers put in on both sides - -I’ve had a bone take out of my hip and put in my spine and a bone from a sterile cadaver put into my hip-- all dealing with my back injuries, so I know exactly what JD 6 is going through.- Recoup time can take up to 6 weeks each time. -I’ll never call Jalen soft or question - if they say he has back issues - he has back issues, you have to go through that till you can understand

Tried Cortisone shots – steroids, I have had about a 12 inch needle rammed up my spine for my back and them telling me not to move because if they slipped it could cause paralysis while they drained fluid out of this sac that’s in your spine- -no funI understand JD’s situation for sure – just hope he can be healthy for the full year

• Hope Jalon can find sustained health.

• Has anyone seen the spring practice schedule? Spring break is Mar 11-17. I thought KU football practiced the week before spring break, then finished the allowable practice days after spring break. 247 Sports says KU spring practice starts Mar 19 and doesn’t show a date for the spring game.

• There won’t be a traditional spring game, it’ll be just an open practice. I saw it’ll be at RCP on April 12

• Does anyone know if Jalon is practicing this spring? I’m still wondering who the hell will take over the critical backup QB role this year? I read that players may be taken from the portal from April 15-April 30. Will KU look for a backup QB? Only yes or hell yes answers please. KU has the best group of receivers I’ve ever seen at KU, so I sure hope we have a good QB on the field all season.

• @stoptheflop Considering what we saw out of Cole Ballard last season and the potential of incoming freshman Isaiah Marshall, I don’t think KU really needs to look for a QB in the portal.

Even if we didn’t have Daniels coming back, I’d be optimistic about KU’s prospects next season with just Ballard at QB.

Personally, I’d roll with Dainels as the starter, Ballard as the back up, and redshirt Marshall. You could still dress Marshall every game and give him some mop up duty in 4 games to get him some experience and if something happens to Daniels, then you move Marshall to back up use someone else as the mop up duty back up to preserve Marshall’s redshirt.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Living in Kansas, I just can’t get over the KState loss, for which I somewhat unfairly blame Cole. Really, I have a lingering anger/frustration due to Jason Bean getting hurt on the QB option the previous game(TX Tech) and KU not being able to play an experienced QB against KState. I don’t have any confidence that Jalon’s back issues will be 100% resolved this year and hope we have better QBs to back him up as opposed to a walk-on freshman. Not having Jalon or Jason for all of the Texas Tech and KState games still stings. It seems likely we will need three QBs again this year.

• @stoptheflop said in Thoughts On 2024 Schedule:

@Texas-Hawk-10 Living in Kansas, I just can’t get over the KState loss, for which I somewhat unfairly blame Cole. Really, I have a lingering anger/frustration due to Jason Bean getting hurt on the QB option the previous game(TX Tech) and KU not being able to play an experienced QB against KState. I don’t have any confidence that Jalon’s back issues will be 100% resolved this year and hope we have better QBs to back him up as opposed to a walk-on freshman. Not having Jalon or Jason for all of the Texas Tech and KState games still stings. It seems likely we will need three QBs again this year.

I think your going to be really surprised by Marshall, maybe shocked, Was recruited by multiple, multiple big name Schools including Michigan for one. I mention Michigan for only the reason Marshall is from Michigan - -guy has a cannon for an arm , accurate -dual threat QB --took his team and won the State title - just another Jalen only I think little better, for sure not a walk on – - 4 star in last ranking - - kids a stud, our QB spot will be fine in the upcoming years. - -We Have McComb in 25 going to be hard to keep Marshall and McComb the following yr- -both are Big time

• KU’s spring practice will be over by the point that window opens, nobody that could realistically brought in would be a better option than Ballard or Marshall as a back up for Daniels.

• Not knowing much about him, can Marshall run the offense.

• @stoptheflop said in Thoughts On 2024 Schedule:

@Texas-Hawk-10 Living in Kansas, I just can’t get over the KState loss, for which I somewhat unfairly blame Cole. Really, I have a lingering anger/frustration due to Jason Bean getting hurt on the QB option the previous game(TX Tech) and KU not being able to play an experienced QB against KState. I don’t have any confidence that Jalon’s back issues will be 100% resolved this year and hope we have better QBs to back him up as opposed to a walk-on freshman. Not having Jalon or Jason for all of the Texas Tech and KState games still stings. It seems likely we will need three QBs again this year.

Good thing KU won’t have a walk-on freshman backing up Daniels next season.

• @AsadZ said in Thoughts On 2024 Schedule:

Not knowing much about him, can Marshall run the offense.

I think obviously as we saw last Yr Ballard can and I think Marshall could also, early enrollee goes to show he is invested and ready to get after it

• Matt Lubick is a big loss for KU. He was the brains behind the option type stuff we started running in 2022. But also super happy for him, since it means his health is good enough for him to take an on field coaching job.